Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 19 281 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 7:47 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:01 pm6
i thought the way they did it was smart but very dark. It was overall a very dark episode, i thought it was alright though. i give it a 6.9/10. I did like the Obama/hildog at the start, i had a feeling that was coming soon.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 7:48 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:38 pm1
How in the H E double hockey sticks does Eric Cartman look at a "head blown off Brittany Spears" and not take a damn picture. He fed scott's parent's to him, and he's not even going to laugh at that or take the damn picture!!!! Did Eric lose his touch?
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 7:51 pm Offline
Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:42 am79New York
I thought it was a good ep!
Loved the social commentary - "OMG BRITNEY PEED, OMFGZ!!" Haha, sadly that's not an exaggeration at all, I'm sure if she did that, the papers would be all over it.
I loved the whole "paparazzi being evil" thing - it's so true - the stalkerazzi is like Satan with a camera.

Oh, and Miley Cyrus at the end? Perfection.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 7:57 pm Offline
Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:48 am10
THAT WAS FLIPPIN AWSOME!!10/10 definatly!"TOUS!FOMINUSE!*more satanic singing*LOL!

BTW:Kyle looked sooo hot in the wig!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:04 pm Offline
Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:14 am21Philadelphia, USA
I thought it was a great episode, and really took off once Britney shot herself in the head.

Also, the ending, killing her with cameras..Brilliant!
the new episode was not funny PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:05 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:43 pm1
um yea the new episode was not funny at all i did not get it i have been watching south park for 9 years just aboot i did not even laugh at the new episode thats the first time i i did not laugh at a south park episode anyway i dont know what to say what happened to the good ol'day when kenny was doing coke with alien tv executives or when cartman made kids eat their parents i dont know o and giant tacos shiting ice cream
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:07 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:59 pm1
Dude! I totally got the Lottery reference. Am I the only one that feels convicted by this episode?! Dang! Keep it up, M&T!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:12 pm Offline
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:01 am23New York, NY
I loved this episode! I sound like a flippin' broken record skipping over and over. Once again, South Park made me simultaneously laugh, cry and scream in disgust, and then laugh about doing all three things at once. I actually got teary-eyed for Britney and angry at the journalists.

After 11 years, it's still the best comedy on television. The message is important, and the packaging is so funny it hurts. I'm always surprised when they up the ante, but I shouldn't be.

Can I come and work for you guys?
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:14 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:57 pm3
I thougth this was a terrible episode. One of the worst I've seen in a long time. Sure, there were some funny parts like Hannah Montana at the end and the paparazzi's being evil, but other than that it was just really stupid in my opinion. I give it a 2/10 :(
Re: the new episode was not funny PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:19 pm Offline
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm1598Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Douchebags.
The episode was ok it had a few funny moments. And ya i agree with you i miss the ol' days when Kenny was actually in the show.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:19 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:10 pm1
Wow, the posts on here are pretty depressing.

It was awesome when she shot herself? OMG it was funnee when she died at the end? They should kill hannaha montana lol?

YOU MISSED THE POINT. There's a great big icon at the beginning of the episode that says TV-MA, maybe you shouldn't be watching this kind of stuff when you're 12 and obviously not capable of understanding black humor that makes you use your brain a little.

That said, holy crap. I spent the whole episode laughing in shock at what I was seeing. I've been a superfan since the very first episode, so it's saying a lot that they finally managed to shock me.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:27 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
"Fox 31" is an actual station. There's Fox 31 KDVR Denver and WFLD Chicago (analog 32, DT 31) known as "Fox Chicago" I'm guessing this was a take on the first mentioned.

Whatever that ritualistic chanting was (was that a parody from a movie or something) is stuck in my head and I want it out. I put it in the computer, slowed it down and reversed it to try to make out what they're saying but no luck. Sounds Latin but it doesn't translate into anything.

I remember reading "The Lottery" in I think Social Studies class during my last days at high school. I didn't like the story and ended up finishing the year off by cutting that class. This included a showing of the movie of it which I'm glad I didn't see.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 8:36 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:23 pm1
i agree with stonebone completely. i also can't believe what some people are saying. "omg lol when the cameras killed her omg rofl jk"

thanks for missing the point. it's supposed to show how terrible the media is for tearing down someone's every move(britney) and how it'll never stop(hannah montana)

i agree with cannibalisa also. this episode was absolutely great. i felt the same way for britney and actually felt bad for what she is going through and wanted to beat the paparazzi. this episode was so smart, funny, and just overall a great interpretation of our media today. i absolutely loved it.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 9:02 pm Offline
Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:31 pm94
I have to agree with some of you that are saying that this episode has referenced the short story "The Lottery". I read this story last semester in college, and everyone in class were lik "What?" This episode did remind me of the story.

I liked the roles that Stan and Kyle play in this episode. helping Britney get away from the media. I was shocked to see all the adults in town were in on torturing Britney with their cameras. It was funny when seeing Butters on the news as the reporters said that the squirrel thinks he a person. Stan and Kyle singing at the end kinda off, they could've just said that their parents are crazy or stupid, or wish they could leave town.

Wished that there was more Cartman, and Butters. Where was Kenny? I think more kids should have been in this episode. I didn't like that Britney blew her head off, and remained like way for the entire episode.

Overall, I give this episode a 3/10

You know, the first 2 episodes of this season were dark. Cartman and Kyle getting HIV, and Britney getting killed by the townspeople. I wonder if more episodes are going to be just as dark or even darker than these episodes
Last edited by purple angel 87 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 9:05 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:13 pm49Hero City
While I understood the point of this episode, I thought it had a weak plot to it, despite it having lots of references to the short story, "The Lottery", which I have read in my English class last semester in college. There were few laughs that were far in between. I give it a 3/10 at best, which is slightly better than the episode with Towelie and Oprah Winfrey.

Here's to hoping that Episode 1203 makes up for this week's episode.
"Bullies beware! The Hero Signal means you'll be hurting now!"

Sort by  
Page 2 of 19 281 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next