Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 18 of 19 281 posts Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 29, 2008 10:33 pm Offline
Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:28 pm1
Has anyone ever seen the movie The Wicker Man? Not the lame Nicolas Cage remake, but the original British one from 30 years ago? Well, this episode immediately made me think of that movie. Didn't even think of the Shirley Jackson connection. . . very cool ! I love South Park and all of these random references.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Feb 10, 2009 8:17 am Offline
Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:34 pm1
prey thoes, athoes atimus :P . I really love the stupid people in southpark so they can sing stuff like this :P .

good storyline, but the blown of head was a little stupid :D
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Mar 27, 2009 1:35 am Offline
Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:08 am1
Im writing a college paper on The Lottery and using this episode as a source actually! Its awesome and the professor loves it!! I saw the episode before I read the story but as soon as I read the story this immediately clicked in my head!

The lottery is packed with a lot more religious content than this though.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostSat May 09, 2009 10:01 pm Offline
Sat May 09, 2009 9:53 pm1
Satire at its best lampoons the society it arises out of. This was brilliantly, bitterly incisive. No, not a LOL and yes rather dark. Daring; and no, not everyone will get it! It's not about Britney! It's about how we need to do this - deify and destroy - to compensate for - and magicalize - our dry, powerless, humdrum lives. No wonder "we" don't like it. Not escapism. Too close to the truth. Way to go SP! My young teenage son gets it. :parishilton:
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostSat May 09, 2009 10:44 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
Warning: rant

All I can say is... WHAT THE HELL. The episode seemed to start off OK, and it was fine until Britney shot herself in the head. Then, it turned really annoying. After she did that, I didn't even crack a smile. I never laughed, not even in the beginning. The middle was the worst, but the end wasn't too great either. It was just them and Britney running around. The lack of hilarity is very clear, it really wasn't as good. I'm just glad the next episode didn't suck this badly.

And another thing... Stan and Kyle trying to stop them from hurting Britney was what I thought was the best part. But then they totally submitted. That is NOTHING like the characters I know. You say "They just felt helpless" why didn't they ever do this before, then? With all the craziness in their town, I'd bet my ass they have felt helpless before, but they NEVER submitted like this then. So why now? It's just really out of character for them.

And for the n00bs saying "You gotta look for the message LOL" Well, I did find the message, I even agreed with it, but that doesn't mean I like this episode. There are times when I still liked episodes with messages I didn't agree with. But they were funny, and well executed. This was not. AT ALL. The episode had so much potential, too...

Finally, for all the n00bs saying "You must a dumbass if you didn't like this" well I think YOU'RE the only dumbass. Who went and gave you the right to troll honest fans when you've been here for less than a day? Huh? Who? That's right. NOBODY. So don't insult people who don't agree with you; it just makes you look stupid.

In summary, I agree with Shane's earlier rants. I myself think this is the worst episode. Worse then Not without my anus. Worse than Jackofasaurus. Worse than everything.

1/10
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostTue May 19, 2009 7:12 am Offline
Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 am1
OMG, JUST LEAVE MILEY CYRUS ALONE!! WTF ??! I DONT BELIVE TO THIS....
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu May 28, 2009 5:03 am Offline
Tue May 26, 2009 12:04 am12
Well, i thought when she was singing at the awards was funny...how they said she was lip syncing when she had no lips lol!.....but yea the ending was weird but i figure not every episode can be full laughs all the time. I didn't mind it though. But then again, i've been down so anything has cheered me up lately lol.
Chelle belle
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Aug 19, 2009 1:00 am Offline
Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:48 am10
I've just recently gotten into the South Park series, but I thought this episode had a great message about the media. However, I didn't quite like how they used Britney as a sacrifice for corn harvest...I think that whole idea went a little over the top. Also, I understand how Stan and Kyle gave up in the end, but I didn't really like how they joined in with the chanting. I did like how they showed Hannah Montana in the end to show how the media is never going to give up. Over all, I thought it was a pretty good episode.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 20, 2009 8:09 pm Offline
Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:08 pm2
:D
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 20, 2009 8:15 pm Offline
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm3652anywhere
ohmygod ohmygod today i read the short story the lottery and now i know where the whole scene where britney died came from. that was genius

i thought this episode was mint, i dont know why people dont like it
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Dec 25, 2009 11:48 am Offline
Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:04 pm1
when i watch episodes like this one i really miss the good old SP irreverence.

Boring. Hate when SP becomes preachy... they exaggerate, too much drama for a cartoon like this.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostSun May 30, 2010 7:38 pm Offline
Fri May 07, 2010 1:55 pm106Southpark (that's right)
I like this episode :) Kyle looks awesome dressed up like Brittney spears. Way better then cartman from Awesome-O. I like how afteer ppl found out he's not really Brittney spears (how would they think he's Brittney spears unless she shrunk and suddenly grew the top part of her head ;)) he just kept the disguise on for the rest of the show, til the very end. And the ending with Kyle and Stan finaly joining in on their towns stupidity was funny too. Usually theyd go against their town, but not this town. I guess they got tired of going against them, so they decided to join them. Lol
ManBearPigs #1 Fan <3

Kyle, Craig and Kenny Kick a$$!! :D
PostTue Nov 23, 2010 10:37 am Offline
Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:37 am1
Not me, Imma squirrel LOL
southpark products PostThu Dec 02, 2010 12:33 pm Offline
Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 pm1
i found this sticker: http://www.adesivou.com/southpark
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 13, 2010 4:24 pm Offline
Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:54 pm3
I think in about a year, we will be ready for the next harvest!!! Lmao! they so called miley cyrus being the next hollywood star to spiral out of contorl. What a fantastic episode. I remember when i saw this, i was like... "no way is the disney star going to have that happen to her.." but they hit the nail on the head. She is 18, and will soon make for a great harvest.
SANCTU DO ME NU!!
Favorite Episodes: Fantastic Easter Special, AWESOM-O, 200/201, Gnomes

Sort by  
Page 18 of 19 281 posts Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next