Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 19 281 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 9:13 pm Offline
Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:02 am3545New England
No, I think we get the point that the media is evil. Even Stan and Kyle cannot get by it.

And yes, there we're some good parts to the episode...
Hillary and Obama was cool, and Butters being taken away was lol.

But, there was too much silence and utterness. It was just well, stupid. You cannot even hear Brittney's comments, and It wasn't the funniest by far. I mean she could have fallen at the VMA's, but no.

4/10

(refer to my comments earlier).

[ Look, Mabye I am stupid or naive....
But I guess that's why my favorite character is Butters,
because I can relate to him in some ways.]
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 9:39 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:51 pm6
/CRY CAN I PLEASE GET A FUNNY SOUTH PARK EPISODE THIS SEASON :( . Have an episode where they kill kyle or something that would make up for these terrible ass episodes. Or maybe make an episode with no plot and just random interchangable jokes, that would be funnier then what this season has produced thus far. Completly out of chacter again. Cartman woulda taken the dead brittany spears photo in a heartbeat. Then maybe he would be running to get his reward money. The whole, her head is half blown up look?!? thats just plain stupid and sad. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL YOUR FANS MAKE A FUNNY EPISODE PLEASE!!!!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 9:44 pm Offline
Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:02 pm112college
This is quite possibly the worst episode of South Park ever produced. Worse than Lice Capades, worse than Stanley's Cup, worse than PIP, for Chrissakes.

sh*tty premise, sh*tty execution, and very uncharacteristic behaviour on the part of Cartman, Stan, and Kyle. Cartman wouldn't give a rat's ass one way or the other about Britney's suicide attempt. Hell, he was supposed to f*cking roll on the ground laughing his ass off.

Stan and Kyle, as has been pointed out, are above the ending of this episode. Had it ended with the two of them in the field, disgusted, disappointed, and disheartened, I would have been able to give this episode a 3/10.

As it stands, with the episode cut as it was, I can only stomach to give it a 1/10.

Now, can we PLEASE see an ep with Cartman trying to find the cure for Obamania? Before all my hopes for S12 are shot to hell?
This is really something witty. I promise. If you don't get it, you are an idiot :D

Hamsters.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 9:50 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Ok, what the f*ck was that? I mean seriously, I didn't laugh at all at the first segment. The only reason I did chuckle even a little bit at the middle segment was because of "Britney Wawtch!", and the following camel toe jokes (what with the fake Brenda Dickson video I posted last week being fresh in my mind). I didn't like ending either. I can't believe the boys just went along with everyone else.
purple angel 87 wrote:
I didn't like that Britney blew her head off, and remained like way for the entire episode.
Neither did I.
At least with last weeks episode, I felt like watching it a few more times. This one's going to get taped over.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 10:19 pm Offline
Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm2965Alberta, Canada
The only reason this piece of crap is still on my computer is so my ratio at Linux Mafia can stay at a decent one.

I laughed once ("...spearchuckers"), smiled twice (the reaction to Britney shooting herself, and the "giant squirrel that thinks it's a person"), and at certain points enjoyed the Stan and Kyle bits. That's it. I was considering giving this a 1.5/5 at least until the "everyone is in on the sacrifice" thing came up... 1/5. Just total crap.

I also can't even adhere to this message. One of the few things I adore about SP above other shows is how they just don't really care about how big a celebrity is to begin with... but this was just, uh. Hypocritical. If they really adhered to that message, this episode wouldn't have been made.

Not funny, not a particularily inspiring (or new) message, barely anything to this at all. Ug.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 10:25 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:18 pm2
I thought last weeks episode was horrible, and then this one comes along like the "second flush". I'm not very happy with the direction the latest episodes have been going in. They're horribly preachy and void of any comedic content.

They need to go back to the roots, and really start TRYING. I think the fact that they know they can produce a full episode in 2 weeks really screws with it. Spend some time on the writing!

If this continues, I'm not going to be watching much anymore. I'd rather watch old episodes and actually enjoy myself.
Re: the new episode was not funny PostWed Mar 19, 2008 10:33 pm Offline
Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:16 pm141Northern California
I thought it was pretty damn funny. I liked how we had to sacrifice her for the harvest.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 10:49 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:43 pm1
Are you all missing the point of the episode? Seriously. I've been a fan since Season 1 episode 1. I love how Matt and Trey are no longer beating around the bush and talking about issues HEAD ON. There was some laughs. There was a LOT of shock factor, but i mean comon. This was a GREAT episode.

I dunno about you guys, but the episodes that actually make me think about society are usually my favorite.

Cartoon Wars = Free Speech
9/11 conspiracy = How 1/3 of America is dumb
Cartman has AIDs = How America doesn't realize how AIDs is still an issue
Britney Spears Watch = People need to leave her alone. Its just sick.

So, yea, just my honest opinion. Don't just watch for the LOLs. Watch and listen in between the lines for the morals of the most CREATIVE and HILARIOUS stories ever.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 11:00 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:51 pm2
this was a freaking awesome episode.
anyone bitching about this one just doesn't get it and better not watch anymore southpark because you aren't worth it.
there's a good chance britney will eventually off herself which makes this episode even more relevant.
anyone who moans about this being unfunny better stick to the brady bunch reruns...or wait..no....please just kill yourself and so help make this world a better place :twisted:
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 11:15 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:12 pm1
WTF... South Park is my favorite show on the planet... but 2 dark episodes in a row? Dark comedy is great, current events even better... but this just wasn't that funny... Come on guys! Get back to what you do best! Cheers for SP!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 11:17 pm Offline
Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:02 pm112college
deathtoamerica wrote:
anyone bitching about this one just doesn't get it and better not watch anymore southpark because you aren't worth it.
there's a good chance britney will eventually off herself which makes this episode even more relevant.
anyone who moans about this being unfunny better stick to the brady bunch reruns...or wait..no....please just kill yourself and so help make this world a better place :twisted:

WOW, someone's got issues...

The chance that BritBrit will eventually off herself makes this even less funny, because it didn't deal with anything.

Leave her alone? NEVAR, SHE MUST DIE!
This is really something witty. I promise. If you don't get it, you are an idiot :D

Hamsters.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 11:41 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:51 pm2
kylestanfan wrote:
deathtoamerica wrote:

WOW, someone's got issues...

The chance that BritBrit will eventually off herself makes this even less funny, because it didn't deal with anything.

Leave her alone? NEVAR, SHE MUST DIE!

:twisted: Dominuuuuuuus ! :twisted: Maximuuuuuuuuus ! :twisted: :twisted: Dominuuuuuuus ! :twisted: Maximuuuuuuuuus ! :twisted:
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 11:44 pm Offline
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 am215
I thought it was a great episode, really funny. 9/10
At least we have Đ°ssholes, you dumb girl!
Re: the new episode was not funny PostWed Mar 19, 2008 11:45 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I've gotten used to little or no Kenny, but there's no excuse for stupidity... well unless they were 'shroomin'.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 11:54 pm Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:28 am10United States
I really thought that this was a smart episode. Matt and Trey are obviously making a point on how the media has no live and are complete r-tards. I agree that it was taken in a darker direction, but so what? Dark comedy can still be good comedy, hence this episode. It doesn't always have to be about "OMIGOD, EPIC LULZ!!". This episode wasn't just for that because of the points they were trying to get across. These episodes are always more difficult to pull off, but I think Matt and Trey handled it rather well.

Perhaps this one was more for the twenty percent who WOULD get it and the remainder of the eighty percent to go "WTF? NOT FUNNY!" I feel good to be apart of the twenty percent.

I've loved South Park ever since episode one and I still do to this day. Keep it up, Matt and Trey!

Sort by  
Page 3 of 19 281 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next