Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 19 281 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 19, 2008 11:57 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Yeah it was ok not the best,and it was a little dark i am glad stan and kyle realised there mistake and tried to help britney.What happened to cartman he just ran off never to be seen again the whole episode, i would have thought he might have taken a picture. 6/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: the new episode was not funny PostWed Mar 19, 2008 11:59 pm Offline
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 am215
I thought it was funny, the part with Britney taking a piss was hilarious "We've blurred out parts of the photo so that it doesn't offend", "She's such a trainwreck" with her face blurred out.
At least we have Đ°ssholes, you dumb girl!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 12:09 am Offline
Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:02 pm112college
deathtoamerica wrote:

:twisted: Dominuuuuuuus ! :twisted: Maximuuuuuuuuus ! :twisted: :twisted: Dominuuuuuuus ! :twisted: Maximuuuuuuuuus ! :twisted:

Ooooooo...Kaaaaaaaaay...
This is really something witty. I promise. If you don't get it, you are an idiot :D

Hamsters.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 12:10 am Offline
Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:22 am76
It was ok i mean it was boring but i loved the parts where she blew up her head, peeing on ladybug and butters saying not me im a squirrel, they tyrying to make her poop on butters and prettyu funny how cartman ran off lol. but it was meh last week was better. it was ok ep this week, the start was funny how the song said she farted again, i rate this episode 5.9/10
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 12:12 am Offline
Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:08 am3
Ok there is one thing I NEED to know about this... wtf happened to cartman, like i know he was creeped out after what happened but i was kinda expecting to see him of all people in the crowd... especially after showing such an amazingly extensive knowledge about photography... is it just me or did southpark drop the ball on this one?
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 12:28 am Offline
Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:16 pm2Chandler, AZ
The episode is definitely more on the dark side, but in my opinion it's a great episode. It shows that the media has absolutely no life and how people DO actually care about the crap that Britney Spears does.

This episode reminds me of A Little Milton Fibers, with Oprah and Towelie. That episode, although it disregarded the boys more, was still funny.

Of course I love the over the top hilarious episodes, but it's not all about being funny. I like when episodes make a good point about something.

A lot of people have been commenting on how Cartman acted out of character, but I really don't think he did. I mean, he has done evil things, but there are times when he just bails and doesn't do anything crazy. He's not a one-dimensional character.

I really did like this episode, it gave me a lot of good laughs. Keep up the great work Matt and Trey!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 12:31 am Offline
Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am287Glasgow, Scotland
I actually liked this episode. Not the best, but.. this was definately much more funnier than MLF - that episode was a bomb.

It was funny and it had a point but the ending was really stupid (with Stan/Kyle finally joining the parents in chanting) - I know it seemed to be a takepiss of 'The Lottery' and the ending was just a message on the paparazzi and how they wait for celebrities to gain fame and such before heavy publicizing their downfall, but... ehh, I guess I just expected something alot better/funnier. The part with the shotgun I kinda saw coming but it was the reactions of the boys that was like "Holy sh*t".

I think there's a gross over-reaction of how characters should be expected to react - but, let's face it, seeing someone blow their face off with a shotgun would scare anybody, especially a child. Yes, even if it's Eric Cartman.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 12:37 am Offline
Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:08 am3
Ok Understand what u are saying but seriously... they are losing their touch... i agree with people saying "look at the deep inner message" well for one... i have seen every episode of southpark ever made and season 12 is almost seeming to be a diferent show all together... a poorly made fanfic.

now for anyone who doesnt agree ask yourself why does one watch southpark... to get a few cheap laughs at the expence of some famous s*it

now as far as i am concerned matt and trey need to start saying TEAM GTFU and write some funny... and after that get really drunk so the next episode is thrown together and makes me piss myself laughing...

The beginning... Gay
Middle... made me want to stab my eyes...
End... didnt come soon enough...

please for the love of god make a good season 12 if it keeps up like this ill wait for the local blockbusters to have it for rental and rip it rather than spend some money on this crap
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 1:10 am Offline
Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:02 am2
That was by far the WORST episode since Jakovasaurs.
And honestly, it only beat it by a very slim margin.

The only time I actually laughed out loud, rather than mentally chuckling, was when they showed a picture of an actual camel toe.

It was preachy (although it was a good message), and light on actual jokes, or anything all that funny.

The first episode of the season was better by a friggin mile.
Im going to try to forget that this episode ever happened.

Rating: 1.5 out of 10

1 being the worst South Park Episode ever (Jakovasaurs), 10 being the best (Imaginationland, Scott Tenorman Must Die, etc.).
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 2:04 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Quote:
I didn't like ending either. I can't believe the boys just went along with everyone else.

I think in the end stan & Kyle just gave up
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 2:08 am Offline
Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:57 am7
Wow. I am certainly glad that this show still has the ability to piss people off and divide people on its worth straight down the middle.

This episode prompted me to register and express what I thought about it.

I absolutely hated last week's episode. Hated it. I think it's one of the worst I've ever seen, especially coming off the absolute brilliance of last season.

Tonight's episode, however, I think is one of the best episodes of South Park I've ever seen. And I wonder if Matt and Trey reached an epiphany: that their use of Cartman has become so tired, last week's episode felt like a f*cking sitcom, the one thing they constantly say in interviews that they don't want South Park to become. It depressed the hell out of me. This episode, the Britney one, felt like a deliberate reaction to last week's episode. Cartman and Butters both were taken out 5 minutes in. And I'm glad. I really hope this show gets back to Stan and Kyle as the heart of the show. "The Cartman Show" is a very tired device, and last week proved it.

I do not see how anybody can dismiss this week's episode. Imaginationland really let Trey show how good the direction on South Park can be, and he certainly showed it tonight. It was absolutely brilliant. The shots he used when the townsfolk descended on Britney were spectacular; they were both a throwback to the kind of "disgruntled villager" movies in the 70s and 80s, but wholly their own in context of the episode. It is also some of the best satire that this show has done. Maybe heavy-handed, but if you're a fan of South Park you've got to be used to it by now.

The ending was probably the most disquieting thing I've seen on South Park, even compared to something like Scott Tenorman Must Die. It was one of the most antisocial statements they've made, but one that I think rings perfectly true, and the pacing and plot of this episode really elevated my expectations of South Park in the future. I can only hope they keep it up.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 2:18 am Offline
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:28 am10United States
I don't understand how people can consider this episode a complete bomb and still like certain aspects of it. If you truly thought it was a fail, then why would you like something about it? I just feel like that contradicts itself. It seems like a lot of people are never happy...it's hard to even imagine why they're fans. I know many of you did not care for "Britney's New Look", but I think it's a little over dramatic to claim that you would not want to continue watching season twelve. There's plenty more to come in the season, so all the nay-sayers should really just try their best to remain a tad more optimistic. Now I'm just being preachy...DX
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 2:44 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
I read what everyone else thought, and it seems this episode...well, was dark, but slow paced.

Episode start was fine, Britney urinating on the Lady Bug got a crack out of me, then when she shot herself I laughed hard. After that, I'm lost.

Cartman vanishes, Stan & Kyle act differently. I don't know if it was to show they were traumatized by her attempted suicide, or what, but Stan and Kyle just didn't seem like how I normally saw the duo, they were just..off.

I knew at the end if I saw Wickerman or Children of the Corn, I'd understand references, but alas, I was at a lost. After the camel toe, I stopped laughing. I understood the message about the media acting like beasts, still, over my head.

The "Sacrifice" thing I feel was brought up too late in the episode, when it was mentioned I was seriously like ".... the hell?" Atleast the ending with Miley Cyrus made up for it, damn I hate her.

Stan & Kyle singing at the end did kill me inside, and I can tell this episode wasn't rushed, it's just that I didn't understand the references. It happens, and it doesn't make the episode even worth comparing to flops like "Million Little Fibers" or "Jackovasaurs" or "Stanley's Cup" (which i loved btw).

My rating: 7.8/10.0

- If I understood the references I would've gotten the jokes, this episode simply didn't have enough "direct jokes" for the common viewer, this episode did leave me thinking for a few hours at work, however.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 2:59 am Offline
Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:57 am7
HAcoreRD:

Yeah, I can see how the jokes may be a little obscure (I felt the same way when I saw Spookyfish long ago, and it took a while for me to dig that ep).

General:
I just think this was a very different episode that'll take some time to digest. I don't mean the message or anything, just how different it was from the norm for South Park. I love the show generally, but I do wish that Matt and Trey would take more risks instead of slamming more and more Cartman down the throats of the fans. Unfortunately, I think the way that the majority of SP's fans just want to see Cartman call Kyle a Jew really limits the guys, and so we see less episodes like Not Without My Anus (which I thought when it came out, and still think, is one of the most brilliant things I've seen on TV), Pip (which I love and everyone seems to hate), Cartoon Wars, Imaginationland, etc. Again, it's episodes like these that prevent SP from becoming a sitcom. Love eps like these or hate them, do you all really want this show to be Cartman f*cking with Butters or calling Kyle a Jew all the time? That means you expect a specific plot line or joke or runner each time you tune in, and shows that do that kind of crap are called sitcoms and bad TV.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 4:08 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
2/10.

I didn't laugh once. Not once. The message was fine and the slight parody of The Wicker Man was fine, but Spears runninga round without 80% of her brain was really, really stupid. Was there a single funny moment? I sure can't find one. This was not great social satire, it was sh*tty social satire, and the message was handled poorly. I see too many people saying, "LOL LOOK FOR DA MESSAGE11" we got the message, we know what they're saying, and we might even agree, but that doesn't mean that the episode was good This episode had some potential, it surely did, but the execution was awful. The VMA scene is now my nomination for worst scene ever.

People who like this episode, I understand you like this episode, and that is fine. But don't try to say that people who don't like this episode are among those who are holding this show back. The fact of the matter is that the episode was not funny. And, guess what? The show is on comedy central and is a comedy. If it isn't funny, then the plot must be executed perfectly: It wasn't. I don't quite care about the shots or antisocial statements. I care about plot, character, execution of the plot, and whether or not I find it funny. The best part of the episode was the plot, and that is saying something because I didn't think it was that great. The characters were f*cked up, and I am not referring to Cartman. The execution of the plot was terrible. The episode seemed almost out of order in some ways. It was also very slow-paced at the start, and it was the best part of the show, so the pacing wasn't the issue. I didn't laugh once, I didn't even crack a smile. The attempts at joke or comedy were crushed.

Too often now, South Park is relying on shock/parody runners in a storyline. In other words, they rely on Britney Spears' half-head or the hammering away of a specific parody. This is a problem, as because Trey thinks this is funny and therefore his focus will be on the plot which is, in and of itself, very good. However, the problem comes because the episodes get less and less funny as Trey focuses on the plots which, because they are written in a week, are more prone to pacing problems, plot holes, extreme ideas, and debasing. This is bad. The shows become less funny and the plots become more absurd. Then we have the great episodes like "The List" or "Imaginationland", where the pacing, plot structure, characterization, and comedy all work well together. So, we all know they still have it. The question now is, would you rather have an unfunny clunker that has plot potential(This episode) or a somewhat funny episode with a piss-poor plot? I'd choose the somewhat funny episode, because you can always fill in plot holes in your imagination, but the comedy is harder to do.

And before you say anything, I am not a Cartman fan, nor am I a Butters fan. I am a Stan fan and, until the end, had no real issue with how he was used. However, whether or not he just gave up at the end and went along with the chanting or not, he still went along with the chat. He knows what that chant symbolizes, and by going along with it he is submitting. That sucked. I didn't want him to give a speech, but does anybody remember Grey Dawn's end? Yeah, that would have been better.

In closing, if you liked this episode, great. However, don't criticize those that don't along generalizations that will be untrue when applied to the vast majority of those who disagree.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Sort by  
Page 4 of 19 281 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next