Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 19 281 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 4:25 am Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:41 pm3
episode was trash, anyone that feels bad for a celebrity, obviously doesn't know the definition of celebrity.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 4:51 am Offline
Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:25 pm16Michigan
I agree 100% with Shane.

It's almost like someone told them that they need to stop doing parodies of movies and read an f-ing book, so they took the shortest story they could find (The Lottery) and used that as the basis for the episode.

In my opinion, both the past two episodes have spent the entire time leading up to an ending that simply isn't funny. I don't watch Southpark for the social commentary.....I watch it to be entertained. I have no problem with them making a statement from time to time, but when they get "preachy and up their own a--es", they betray what they do best: humor.

I thought the beginning was pretty funny, though. LOVED the Hillary/Obama debates. Wish they would've sent Britney to Marklar....
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 4:54 am Offline
Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:20 pm5
Sort of reminded me of the wickerman.
Re: the new episode was not funny PostThu Mar 20, 2008 5:05 am Offline
Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:13 pm39
I agree, I thought this episode was terrible, I didn't laugh once or even crack a smile.

I'm sure Britney loved it though. They didn't trash her at all, but instead pulled a chrissy crocker and told us all to leave her alone or the poor thing might die. Puke!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 5:08 am Offline
Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:13 pm39
All I have to say about this episode is...

Oh my god, they killed funny!

you bastards.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 5:42 am Offline
Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:08 am5
This episode was great! The MTV Awards thing was probably my favorite part 'cause it looked exactly like the performance! And I do hate that Miley! That was a perfect touch. Sure it got a little weird in the end, but they're well past 100 episodes, what do you expect?

Some of you are a little too sensitive. I laughed my ass off - out loud - the whole time. South Park has always done what this episode has and that's publicly stated the unspeakable in a completely open form of entertainment. They always save their own asses by throwing in some moral opinion but never hesitate to state the f*ckd up views as well. Everyone here knows regardless of how you felt about this episode you'll either be hearing or talking about it tomorrow.

What I want to know is why is everyone judging this season like the Past, Present, and Future of the show rests fragilely upon it? We all saw BL&U, we all read countless magazine articles, we were just blown away by The Imaginationland Trilogy, and their isn't a basic cable station or lame ass local tv station that you can't find crappy censored versions of the show on as we speak (check your local listings.)! Plus it's been renewed through at least season 15! We've been waiting hella months for new episodes and in 5 more weeks we're gonna be waiting another 6 months.. So just enjoy it!

The only thing I feel I've missed is there haven't been any solid new characters, like Towelie, or Ms. Chokesondick. With chef gone.. and a lot of missing women.. I think it's time.
aprilinjune.com

awake while you're asleep..
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 5:53 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
I'm about as sensitive as a f*cking corpse, but this episode's lame attempts at comedy bored me more than anything. Don't assume things about people.

"Everyone here knows regardless of how you felt about this episode you'll either be hearing or talking about it tomorrow. "

No. Besides South Park fans, I dunno anyone who will gove two assh*les about this episode. Britney Spears fans? Perhaps, but does anyone gove two assh*les about them? Or, what about the non-pop star and non-South Park fans? They won't care about this episode. It isn't like Best Friends Forever, Cartoon Wars, or Imaginationland.

"What I want to know is why is everyone judging this season like the Past, Present, and Future of the show rests fragilely upon it?"

I do agree there. I hate this episode, but I feel as though the next week wil be better.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 5:55 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
We can hope their next episodes please the masses.

Personally, if I was running a series, I'd dump the weaker episodes out first, get them out of the way, then save the cream of the crop for the end.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 6:04 am Offline
Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:57 am7
Shane:

I wasn't trying to criticize those who like Cartman and Butters and their interaction. I do as well! I just think that Matt and Trey were using it way too much in recent years, and it felt really old and stale compared with what they are capable of. I can understand how somebody wouldn't like the episode, and not just because of their references or what's going on. My whole point was just that it was a welcome change from the onslaught of movie references from last season (which were great, it just became a little jarring after a while).

I said that nobody can "dismiss" this episode, but that doesn't mean I expect people to like it. You put up some excellent criticisms of this episode, and in thinking it over, I agree with some of them, especially about some of the plot holes, and that it was a bit more preachy than was necessary. But I thought that putting out my opinion was worthwhile considering that I saw mostly negative feedback. I don't think you can deny that there are a lot of SP fans that really want the same thing week after week, and I thought the response to last week's episode by many fans exemplified that. I thought that one couldn't dismiss this week's episode precisely because it really brings out the clash between would some people find funny on SP and what others find funny, without making a judgment call on either; SP caters to both. I wanted to express my opinion that I'd like them to do more episodes like this because (again, _I think_) that it was different and pushed the show in a different direction. You disagree, and that's cool.

I don't suggest that fans who don't like this episode are holding the show back. But fans do expect certain things, and Matt and Trey have admitted that because the vast majority of their fans had such visceral negative reactions to shows like Terrance and Phillip, and Pip, they don't do shows like that anymore that might risk strange or "downer" endings. Pip I guess I understand, but Terrance and Phillip?! My likey T&P!

As for Stan and Kyle at the end, it is pretty jarring, and maybe it does make a point rather than follow what they've set up in the plot of the show. But I don't think it's quite out of left field. SP has had "messages" delivered by the main characters before about how sometimes it's necessary to following the group for whatever reason. Most of the morals in South Park have to do with society normalizing kids who aren't inherently good, but are kind of evil bastards. While the plot may have mucked with the message, I'm not sure it's the opposite. The kids are normally the voice of reason, but they do give in from time to time; besides, this isn't the first time that SP has taken one stance on some moral issue, and then taken another in another episode.

I think one thing that I agree with you completely on is the effect that writing these shows in a week has on the potential quality. The creators always complain that they can't come up with ideas when they have the time to do it, but it does kind of ruin any chance of fixing plot holes and such. If they could figure out a way to do it, I'd love to see what those guys could do if they thought out the material more than a week or two in advance.

Again, I'm not trying to say that fans are ruining the show; it's all Matt and Trey and rests on them. I just don't want to see expectations of the fans interfere with what the creators do, whether overtly or covertly. And I certainly don't think, reading what you wrote, that you'd fit into that category in any way.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 6:06 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:08 am14Suceava/Romania
i don't think we should be too hard on them for these two episodes. it's true they weren't great. but at least for me, i will continue to appreciate everything they do as long as it shows that they are still trying. when you work and you try to create something you're bound to fail sometimes or make mistakes. when you're not trying however is when you are definetly a failure. so far, even if some of the episodes weren't all that good, there's no reason to think Matt and Trey have run dry.
well, now I'm old enough , but still can't stick my dick in Britney's butt
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 6:22 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Jeez, finally I can get on here. SPS wouldn't let me log in last night.

Anyway, I see a lot of poor reviews for this one. And it was pretty f*cked up. Not the greatest episode, but I certainly didn't hate it. The dark humor didn't do it for me this time. The fat jokes with half her head missing was a good runner.
I was right in my prediction about some kind of conspiracy surrounding Ms. Spears.

It seems like this episode was supposed to have a B story with Butters' misadventures as a squirrel, but they ran out of time. Hence the news beat about Butters' in the asylum. That might have helped this episode a bit.

Lastly, Myley Cyrus better watch that exceptionally fine jail bait ass of hers.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 6:34 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Cade

After rewatching, i think Stan and Kyle sung at the end because they accepted defeat. Look through the characters taking pictures. You'll see Ms. rice amongst the masses, and with everyone chanting, you can see the world was in on it.

I guess they felt then and there they couldn't save Miley from the world, and must let fate run its course.
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 6:53 am Offline
Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:03 pm112
I agree this was a great episode, I have never read "The lottery" but the story was a perfect vehicle for the message (which I didn't really think worked out in the previous episode).
It really grossed me out, too, which was refreshing in a way :)
Thought the Butters sideline deserved a bit more effort though.
Let's fighting love!
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 7:02 am Offline
Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:55 am1
they need to actullly make a miley cyrus episode that would be halarious :assface:
Re: *1202: Britney's New Look* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 20, 2008 7:07 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
HAcoreRD wrote:
Cade

After rewatching, i think Stan and Kyle sung at the end because they accepted defeat. Look through the characters taking pictures. You'll see Ms. rice amongst the masses, and with everyone chanting, you can see the world was in on it.

I guess they felt then and there they couldn't save Miley from the world, and must let fate run its course.

Dude you seem alittle uneasy about the ending with stan & kyle`s actions i watched it twice now take into account there body language they looked at each other and then sung looking away if they had looked at each other and smiled then sung then there might have been some mallice in it.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!

Sort by  
Page 5 of 19 281 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next