Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 9 of 12 177 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 04, 2008 2:43 pm Offline
Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:52 pm5
i'm a bit dissapointed with this episode,and the new season in general,except for the "cheesing" episode which was great! seems like a lot of rehashing of old jokes and ideas.anyone else feeling this?or am i just becoming too hard to please?
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 04, 2008 2:45 pm Offline
Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:19 pm10139Billy bonka's amazing Drug Factory
well its an okay season expect for birtinies new look
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 04, 2008 10:34 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:41 am1
hi there !

does anyone know the "name" or youtube video for the 2 asians in basketball T-shirts ? (ok nevermind I found the aswer page 4 of the topic)

And the mysterious brunette girl shown twice in the waiting room with the others ? (still need it ^^;)

by the way, now the scenarists have a conscious ? why isn't laughing baby a victim ^^ ?
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 05, 2008 12:50 am Offline
Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:35 am3The Netherlands..
Well,

to me the whole season 12 is very disappointing. And like other people already said, you see a lot of jokes coming back. That's ok but try to mix it with some great new ones. I mean, Canadians on a strike???? Who gives a f#@!!! Not me...I think the whole 'picking on Canadians' concept is lame. It was nice, back in season 7 or 8 but now...

I loved the scene where are the internetfreaks come together and starting a riot. They need to do more of that. South Park is known for expanding their boundaries. I haven't seen it (Apart from the catdrug, that was awesome) yet in season 12.

Also we need more Butters vs Cartman shows, to be hones those are the characters who make South Park hilarious. So to say Butters wants it in the butt is freaking funny but they should have put it one step further than that.

It's a pity cause I have watched every SP episode for like million times but it seems that they have run out of ideas, to my opinion. Canadians aren't funny!!

I hope Matt, Trey and the whole crew come up with some new expanding, horrifying, laughing my a$$ off new episodes cause it has been very disappointing so far...
[img]www.planearium2.de/bilder/wallpaper-char-timmy.jpg[/img][/url]
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 05, 2008 3:56 am Offline
Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:48 am3
Hey everyone check it out. This episode has created a new internet phenomenon on youtube. In any of the pariodied videos people are constantly repeating the "I'm not your buddy,guy", "Well I'm not your, guy,fwiend" joke in the comments secrtion. Hahahahah it's quite ironic. Matt and Trey rip on Youtube phenomenons and they accidently create one of their own. Visit any of the parodied vids and see for yourself, and hey, why not there, join in on the fun.Lol
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 05, 2008 7:02 am Offline
Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:51 am21Rome, Italy (yes, we use computers, too)
ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING :D
It took me about an hour to watch this episode… I had to press pause every 5 minutes since I ws laughing so hard I couldn’t hear anything!
It had everything I could possibly ask for… T&P, Canada, Butters…
And their take on the writers strike… : I’m starting to think that there isn’t A SINGLE THING on which I don’t agree with Trey and Matt…  I try to stay neutral, but they just GET IT RIGHT...always.

And the Family Guy sketch… it came totally unexpected!
( “ do you remember that time I sang La Cucaracha for Paul Mccartney?”…. LOL!)

W.G.A. = World Canadian Bureau…. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 05, 2008 12:21 pm Offline
Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:37 pm57
Personally, I did not like this episode. There were some funny parts such as Butters' song and the YouTube character brawl. However, I thought that the storyline was really lame. Matt and Trey did make fun of the writer's strike, but not in a funny way. I do hope that the next episode will have a better storyline then this one.
Cartman kicks ass!!!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 05, 2008 3:17 pm Offline
Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:14 am21Philadelphia, USA
Timmiieehh wrote:
Well,

to me the whole season 12 is very disappointing.

Wow, 4/14 episodes and the whole season is disappointing? Seems a bit rash of a statement..
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 05, 2008 3:25 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:29 pm202Where the sun Don't shine; England!
Quote:
to me the whole season 12 is very disappointing.

There's enough threads for that kind of comment, so keep it in there Timmah.

Matt and trey need to have more B and C side plots, no matter what they think of them. The side stories in this episode worked well, though they didn't join up at the end as they would have in earlier seasons. Perhaps keeping events in town instead of a journy half way across the continent would help (how do they suddenly appear in Cannada:?:) But overall, just minor gripes. This is the best episode in aboot a season and a half, since Cartman Sucks. Songs or Cannada equal a good episode. Cannada and songs equal a GREAT episode.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 05, 2008 11:15 pm Offline
Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:37 pm24
HAHA!

I recognized all the YouTube celebs except for Chris and Tay!

The Chris Crocker thing was GREAT! I haven't laughed that hard in a long long time...

:D
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 06, 2008 5:47 am Offline
Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:41 am2
What a great episode! I think it's the best of the new season so far. Scathing satire is what South Park does best and this episode really took the WGA heads to task. The collection of Internet stars waiting for their money was hilarious. And any episode with a lot of Canadians is sure to be funny. Well done, South Park!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 am Offline
Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:40 am1
great start to the new season of south park :timmy:
What the Hell is Going on! PostSun Apr 06, 2008 12:11 pm Offline
Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:08 pm4
Season 12 is better than season 11 but that is coming from a low base. I can't figure it out. Animation is better etc... etc... but the writing seems to be letting everything down.

When you look at the storylines it seems that all the pieces for a great episode are there but it fails to gel together. Cartman has become lame. Old plotlines/jokes revisited. I'm not saying that you shouldn't reuse old plots since every story is built along a few core ideas but you have develop a new take on it.

My only explanation is that it might be what you might term "season rot" where after a certain threshold (in SPs case season 10) the whole series just loses direction. It seems to be a phenomenon of american shows but this is usually attributed to the star having too much influence over the writing. This is not the case for SP.

Matt and Trey could keep on writing new shows and I admit I'll probably watch them but I think I'll be going "Man, that episode reminds me of 705" or whatever. Guys, do you really want to end the series this way with a slow, painful death. For me it should have finished with season 10. I read you are going on till season 15!

SP has always been hit and miss but lately the misses far outweigh the hits. Don't do what so many other American shows have done and milk it for all its worth. You've made your money now keep the shows credibility.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 06, 2008 2:20 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
I think the series reached their lowest point in season nine, then ten was extremely good. I thought season eleven was better than season ten.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 06, 2008 2:30 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:59 pm793under the cork tree
i am so pissed off cause everyone is saying south park is getting worse. i know i can't change your opinion, but give it a chance! personally, i think season twelve is great. say what you want about my sense of humor, i thought the new episodes were hilarious.
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny

Sort by  
Page 9 of 12 177 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next