Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 12 177 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
For the love of God and all that is holy PostWed Apr 02, 2008 11:30 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:27 pm1
I hope SOMEONE (anyone!) noticed that the entire episode was an allegory for the Writer's Strike.

Trey and Matt, you did it again!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 02, 2008 11:57 pm Offline
Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:57 am7
For what it was, it was OK. Loved the Butters video, the mass deaths of the viral video guys, and Canadians singing is always fantastic.

But, do NOT f*cking promise me T&P and give me this! Matt and Trey now have to make two T&P only episodes to make up for this. It was funny in parts, but the "buddy/guy/friend" stuff sounded so forced, and especially out of the mouths of characters that I thought Matt and Trey would be very comfortable doing at this point.

Actually, if Matt and Trey are this far afield of the comedy they created back when they first started, then maybe I don't want them to start messing with T&P again. Especially if they're going to use those characters as mouthpieces. Ugh.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 12:06 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
After a slow start the episode got going,funny parts were the butters video and that gerbal made me chuckle and that chris "leave everyone alone" crocker was also a highlight.Kyle had his i learn`t something today speech which i had to watch a couple of times i was expecting stan to say what or just stay silent but a great episode 8/10 would have been 10/10 if kenny had been in it.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Last edited by James--76 on Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 12:12 am Offline
Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:18 pm183Marklar
Butters' cover of Samwell's What What was hilarious!

Samwell's video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."
Re: For the love of God and all that is holy PostThu Apr 03, 2008 12:18 am Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:42 pm8
dprodigy19 wrote:
I hope SOMEONE (anyone!) noticed that the entire episode was an allegory for the Writer's Strike.

Trey and Matt, you did it again!

I should hope that was quite obvious, seeing as matt and trey just decided to call the "World Canadian Bureau" the WGA, having no logical connection but that Canadians represented striking WGA writers. It was sort of like the end of "Here Comes the Neighborhood" when they finished this intricate allegory of racism with the n word...

It was a great episode, and I highly commend matt and trey for waiting to release this episode until after they launched their FREE online episode streaming, very smart.
Listen. Listen! We finished running the tests.
Global warming is going to strike two days before the day after tomorrow.
Oh my god. That's today!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 12:31 am Offline
Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:06 am1
Sonic Man78 wrote:
Who would've thought Phillip was diabetic? Not me, no sir! Did anyone here besides me find the Danish characters from Denmark odd looking?

I enjoyed it. Perhaps a Terrance and Phillip Spinoff?? I'd love that.

Yeah they looked pretty weird.. I love that our country (being a dane and all) is considered the European version of Canada, but why are we always described more or less like the Dutch? I saw the same thing in Simpsons a couple of times, and am now a bit confused. Are danes/dutch considered the same in the US/rest of the world or is it some older joke i just didn't picked up on? :?:

I also loved all the youtube references, a pure mosaic delight. :D
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 12:36 am Offline
Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:25 pm30
God-damnit. They changed that scene on the phone and replaced Kenny with Butters. The episode was ok otherwise though. 7/10
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 12:37 am Offline
Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:12 pm5
overall, it was a decent episode. obviously does not compare to boobage, but canadians singing and butters dancing are always solid.

i was hoping to see some gellieman-'aicha' when all the youtube people were in it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fwQyo3agWak&feature=related
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 12:42 am Offline
Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:49 pm4
WGA... genius. just genius. And Kyle's "I've learned something... until digital medium offers creators something real, they'll be reluctant to stray from traditional mediums..." :lol: oh man, so good..

I think that Canadian guy was supposed to be the WGA's John Bowman.. ?

what what, in the butt.
"If you're offended, I'm just kidding."
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 12:47 am Offline
Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:52 am17
A very good,funny episode.Infact, half of me thinks it better than boobage.Butters spoof song was really funny, and the internet superstars part was HIllarous!"Chocolate pain,b****" Lol!!And chris crocker wass funny too,and the laughing baby.But like the other comments, The "Buddy/friend/guy" Joke got boring.I rate the episode 8/10.But again, I was hoping to see evolution of dance,too.
EDIT;For everyone who dosent know Tron Guy, Its a movie, And he goes into the computer.
You shall respect my athority!!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 1:03 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18783I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
What-what in the butt, sir.

I loved this one. I laughed my ass off at Butters, and was rolling on the floor once the YouTubers came on screen. (although I've never seen the Tron guy, the Pandas, or the guy that was sitting next to butters in the waiting room before)

It was funny seeing Butters in all of those different getups. It's nice to see the bear costume make a come back, but I didn't see if Marjorine was in there.

Hey, did anyone else get the feeling that Stephen Abootman was a sort of Canadian Cartman... attitudinally?

I'm going to have to watch it again and see what else I can pick up.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 1:10 am Offline
Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:16 am16
"Well, we've done our good deed for the week. I think now I can make love to your anus without making god angry!" - That line had me seriously rolling.

Good episode, would have liked to have seen Leeroy Jenkins come in for the fight scene and some death by Rickroll. Was that lonelygirl15 at the back of the room? Star Wars Guy is Canadian and should have been on strike. Star Wars Guy is a scab.

Butters kills every time.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 1:53 am Offline
Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:22 am76
that was so funny one of my fav eps now i rate it 9.5/10 now on youtube iv seen the singing fat guy so funny, the person who crys SO FUN NY i was crying and laughing so much, afro ninja was funny, the baby and the mouse, but havent watched the others, i loved this one of my favs now and so was the butters song so funny, cartman you genuis.

my fav eps are now - child abduction is not funny, the jeffersons, douche and tard, fatbut and pancake head, major boobage, canada on strike they are my favs now.
Favourite Character: Cartman
Favourite Episode: Child Abduction Is Not Funny OR The Jeffersons
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 1:55 am Offline
Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:11 am1
hey fellas, how u doin
i'm french, i downloaded the new episode, but i can't understand all the words...anybody got or can make subtitles (.srt) ????? please it'll be sooo nice
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 2:25 am Offline
Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 am2
CobainIsMyBitch wrote:
did anyone else notice that Kenny didnt appear at all? he appeared in 1201, didnt in 1202, did in 1203, and now didnt in 1204. do you think this pattern will continue the whole season?

Kenny was in the beginning of the episode. He was sitting in the gym at the Canada Appreciation Day assembly. :)

Sort by  
Page 3 of 12 177 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next