Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 12 177 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 6:56 am Offline
Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:18 pm2
FredtheFrog wrote:
it started strong but finished very weak. ultimately it felt a little soulless to not frontally address the writer issue - and/or bring in the DGA and their influence in the outcome.

Of course there were a bunch of good laughs, and I loved to see the internet references (watching it online complete with stream farts and cyber commercials) and learned some I didn't know.

Thanks to Loserbait for the links, I never heard of chocolate rain before - tee hee.

One last thing, its true you cant account for taste - I never get tired of hearing that numa nonsense but the buddy-friend-guy thing lacked some imagination - what ever happened to a dude or mate or chap… ??

M&T you know we love you no matter what - and I still gush over the HIV one and heavy metal one (man that takes me back).

I agree. 5 out of 10.

Good but not great. Canadians weren't as great as they have been in previous episodes. Still a good laugh :) Liked the commentry on the internet as a new medium. "What aboot all that internet money?"

Ive been on those youtube links along with everyone commenting "Im not your buddy, guy"

Get in on it, good fun , most of the comment boards have closed down from it already :P
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 8:10 am Offline
Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:52 am1
Ah the youtube-parody was excellent, pretty good episode
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 8:23 am Offline
Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:19 am1
does somebody know, who these asian guys at 14:30 are?
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 8:32 am Offline
Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:06 am1
This season keeps on getting better and better. South Park freaking Rules!!!!!

Derp....... :mrgreen:
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 8:32 am Offline
Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:07 pm9
I liked the ep. Had me laughing through out. I'm not much of a You Tube fan, but found that part funny anyway...except the blood bath part...watching people shooting each other in South Park episodes has gotten old. The Canadians have been funnier in the past, but I thought it was funny as all get out when T&P put those other three Canadians out to sea.

All in all this ep looked more like the old south park...cool stuff. I give it 8 out of 10.

Later.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 8:56 am Offline
Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm33Melbourne, AU
jizz wrote:
does somebody know, who these asian guys at 14:30 are?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33662&p=656845
See my post.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 9:21 am Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:13 am40Hong Kong, China
Once again Kenny is tossed aside to let Butters fill in. Seems SP is increasingly like season 6, the only difference is that Kenny is alive so he could take back the lead whenever Trey and Matt wants him to. :gaykenny:

The most funny part in this episode is, no doubt, Butter's "mock up" and the massacre.

Cartman's role is diminishing recently so it's not surprising to see him not doing much in this episode. But when Ike, Terrance and Philip are also underused it's a problem -- to the very least T & P can do a bit more than standing around and letting the WGA guy go until the very end?

It's not bad, but it has its shortcomings. In addition being an episode after a big hit it could be easily forgotten. 7/10.
A Chinese Butters wearing a Bavarian shirt
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 9:24 am Offline
Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:19 am1
Wow. I literally rofl-ed when they were at the DIM with all the YouTube characters. Awesome episode about the WGA bs. Thanks buddy.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 9:46 am Offline
Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:54 am2
Oh my God! Were in it! Hooray! :D :D

Heh, its a pretty big thing for me as a Dane whenever SOMEONE notice us.. And for that someone to be Matt and Trey! Im soooo proud *sniffle*

To Tron guy
They didnt do our accent that well either.. It should sound more like you've got a large potato in your mouth :P

To drphrozen
Hvis det er tøjet du hentyder til, er det faktisk vores nationaldragt xD
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 10:04 am Offline
Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:57 am1
Anyone else find it ironic watching the episode online with advertisements? Who's that money going to? Aside from that part, I didn't really enjoy the episode, the WGA stuff is too "in" of an issue to satire.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 10:06 am Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
This one also could have been called "Ike Shrugged." Same premise as the Rand book: a culture of people who feel overused and underappreciated going on strike.

Good episode. I liked the buddy/friend/guy runner.

Does anyone have a transcript of Kyle's speech at the end? I'd like to read it. He talked too fast for me to understand it fully.

All Hail President Abootman!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 10:29 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Aym_Dand wrote:
This one also could have been called "Ike Shrugged." Same premise as the Rand book: a culture of people who feel overused and underappreciated going on strike.

Does anyone have a transcript of Kyle's speech at the end? I'd like to read it. He talked too fast for me to understand it fully.

We thought we could make money on the internet. But while the internet is new and exciting for creative people, it hasn't matured as a distribution mechanism to the extent that one should trade real and immediate opportunities for income for the promise of future online revenue. It will be a few years before digital distribution of media on the internet can be monetized to an extent that necessitates content producers to forgo their fair value in more traditional media
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 10:37 am Offline
  • YIM
Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:59 pm793under the cork tree
omg, i f*cking LOVE this episode!!! i could've freakin' died laughin when i saw the video tha the boys made!!
honk if you're f*cking steve carell (cause i really wish i was!)

"i like girls with big fat titties, i like girls with deep vaginas" - kenny
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 10:53 am Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
Best episode of season 12 so far.

Although I'm a huge fan of the Canadians in South Park I expected this to be rather mediocre: much more preachy and way less funny - but as I see it now it even exceeds ICTiC.
It's not as if the three other episodes were actually bad - they were decent - but I really missed laugh-out-loud funny moments and good music numbers that are so typical for SP. BNL's main purpose obviously wasn't to be funny, which is okay, and TT and MB had decent messages and jokes, but somehow they didn't get a laugh out of me more than once or twice. The jokes weren't bad at all - especially the Anne Frank - reference, but the way they were executed made me doubt M&T's ability to be laugh-out-loud-funny anymore when focusing on a social/political issue at the same time.

The only really negative aspect about CoS was the overreliance on violence - it gets old by now - and the complete lack of Kenny - but since he played a major role in the last episode I don't mind that much.

I'll give it a 8/10 or 9/10.

Call me childish, but I thought the "guy-buddy-friend"-joke was so stupid that it was hilarious.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 10:54 am Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
James--76 wrote:
Aym_Dand wrote:

We thought we could make money on the internet. But while the internet is new and exciting for creative people, it hasn't matured as a distribution mechanism to the extent that one should trade real and immediate opportunities for income for the promise of future online revenue. It will be a few years before digital distribution of media on the internet can be monetized to an extent that necessitates content producers to forgo their fair value in more traditional media

Thanks, guy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com

Sort by  
Page 5 of 12 177 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next