Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 7 of 12 177 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 3:11 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:29 pm202Where the sun Don't shine; England!
Quote:
When it consists of a thinly or not-at-all disguised rant like this, my attention wanes.

Well, it all depends on what they're ranting aboot. If it's psychics (aka. John the Docuhe Edwards) or something we could relate to without being members of staff at a Hollywood TV show, then yeah, it can work. But this rant was too much of an in joke.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 3:42 pm Offline
Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:38 am19
i enjoyed it, i love when they have canadians but they totally under used T&P wich is a shame. the internet dorks were funny to its just weird they didnt use that "leave britney alone!!" loser for the britney episode but i understand why he was in this one instead. and of course the best part....im not your friend guy, im not your guy buddy, im not your buddy friend....
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 5:03 pm Offline
Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:36 am1Bellevue, WA
There were some pretty funny parts, but I can't believe they would portray the WGA (Writer's Guild of America) that way. Do they not realize how much money producers make through iTunes? Don't they think writers are entitled to some of that? And don't they realize that with the new contract, that's exactly what they're getting? I don't know if it was intentional or not, but this episode was a horrible representation of the writer's strike, and that made it difficult for me to enjoy it.
Molesting young boys is part of the Catholic Priests' way of life.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 5:07 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
patrickov wrote:
Once again Kenny is tossed aside to let Butters fill in. Seems SP is increasingly like season 6, the only difference is that Kenny is alive so he could take back the lead whenever Trey and Matt wants him to. :gaykenny:

I noticed that too...

It's early in the season...could this 'season 6' vibe possibly continue with later episodes (1207-1211) with TWEEK as Kenny's replacement???...Probably not, but that would be cool.

BTW, was there a reference to the MacKenzie Brothers in this episode? I could have sworn I heard an "eh" in there somewhere.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 5:13 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:46 pm5A place not even remotely liveable.. New Jersey.
I can always count on South Park for stuff like this. All throughout the strike I couldn't believe no one agreed with me that it was silly. I really did love the "WGA.. World Canadian Bureau" thing.

I was so happy when I heard this week's episode would revolve around Canada, as the day before I was watching all the Canadian episodes on here. Too bad there wasn't a lot of Terrance and Phillip. And no Scott?! He's a dick, but I love him.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 5:18 pm Offline
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 am24Italy
that's the gayest thing of all the planet

i mean this man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_What_(In_the_Butt)

9/10 vote from Italy (Vatican County)
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 5:43 pm Offline
Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:49 am23Everywhere
Bleh. I loved Butters' video and the scene with all the internet icons fighting each other, but overall I was kinda disappointed by this episode. I was hoping for a lot more Terrance and Phillip, and the ending was kinda weak. Oh well. Let's wait for next week.

NO YOU FABRIC
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 5:44 pm Offline
Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:12 am24Italy
Nearly everyone on Youtube is spreading this "I am not your friend, buddy" frenzy!!! Great Viral outcome :twisted:
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 6:54 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:15 pm1
Worst episode of the season. If I ranked them from best to worst, it would probably be:
Mostly because I didn't know much about the Heavy Metal Movie or the Internet stars.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 6:59 pm Offline
Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:56 pm1
Amazing episode.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 7:24 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
I also liked the part at the end of the Canadians' song, when they show all of Canada singing like on a map. And they even included those in the Washington Olympic Peninsula!

(That "handle" of land across the Puget Sound from Seattle.)

So, Washington State is part of Canada, eh?

Come to think of it, I think this was the first ep to have any Canadian say "Eh!"
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 7:29 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
In Washington, the people are so nice and laid back that Canadians feel very comfortable.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 7:31 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
You got a point there, Shane.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 7:33 pm Offline
Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:24 pm84New York State
south park is done. i feared it would happen. these last few seasons have been lacking greatly. i mean sure, they've had a few good episodes, but nothing like they used to be. i can't think of an episode from before chef died that i didn't like. matt and trey have become really self-righteous, and wednesday's episode was one of the worst offenders. i find it ironic that they continue to mock family guy when they themselves have succumbed to the lazy writing and formula that they satirize. in some ways, south park is much worse in that matt and trey have abandoned trying to make people laugh and instead just use the show as a surrogate for their opinions (which is fine, but it's really tiresome when the whole episode revolves around an oversimplified message). they also criticize family guy for not having "developed characters based on a plot" when really they've thrown all of the characters' personalities to hell and have made them all annoying and one-dimensional. also, the writing sucks. at least family guy still makes jokes.
Re: *1204: Canada on Strike* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 03, 2008 7:40 pm Offline
Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:30 pm1Northeast
Meh... A few laughs but overall a week episode. Unfortunately I'm sure some people will take it as an informed, thoughtful look at the recent strike while it only shows the most facile understanding of new media and the issues facing it. Many people, including rights managers, are overestimating (in my opinion) new media's potential but this came off as the same sort of argument that a couch potato who is simply unhappy about not getting a new episode of their favorite sitcom would make. Although, I suppose when an overall body of work is excellent, the occasional flub just looks bad by comparison. Keep up the overall good work.

The various internet stars were funny.
Last edited by Mmmbeer on Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
Page 7 of 12 177 posts Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next