Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 10 of 12 175 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 13, 2008 11:09 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:51 pm4
largesponge wrote:
redlightsp wrote:
THIS EPISODE IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. Not 1 laugh the whole episode. As a devoted fan since the beginning, my hopes have come crashing down for there to be much of a future. I dont know if they are losing their touch, gone mad gay, or just hired some horny and slutty interns to guest write. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. Its ashame because they can be so on key with many episodes and then they release this horseshit. Quick make a recall before its not too late.


why do people always pull out the "i've been a devoted fan from the beginning" and "the writing is crap" whenever there is an episode they do not like? i majorly disliked tonsil trouble, yet knew it was either not to my taste or just an off episode (this point has now been proved as all the other episodes have been AWESOME). if you dont think there is much hope for the future, then DON'T WATCH! its that simple!

right, now thats out of my system, on with my ep review

loved all the part involving garrison (HE is an ace character), although not seeing the parodied movie, cartmans part flew over my head (although still quite funny). Best part: all the bits with the flopping penis mouse! Worst bit: Kyle ranting at cartman (glad he had little airtime for once)

Overall: 8.5/10


First of all, why does this concern you so much. Clearly many others feel the same way. This is an OFF episode. I know they are capable of much better. I have seen all their episodes, and when they are in true form or at least half, they produce some quality episodes, and that is why I am a fan of the show and WILL CONTINUE to watch, despite this crap that aired last week. Now that that is out of your system as you claim, why don't you recover your brain as well, because your accusations are illogical.
Last edited by redlightsp on Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 13, 2008 11:19 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:51 pm4
Kensuke wrote:
Joe Siracuse wrote:
I can't believe any of you die-hard South Park fans could call this a "good" episode. You must not have been watching the same episode that I was. I definitely have no idea where some people are getting "GREAT" from. This episode was horrible!!!

I saw someone asking why people always mention that they've been there from the beginning while saying they don't like a new episode - It's because they are trying to say that they have many reference points from the shows earlier days to compare to when talking about a new episode. At least that's why i've said it.

For the brilliance that Matt & Trey have come up with so many times and all the amazing episodes they've done - This can't even be considered an "okay" episode.

It seemed like they weren't even trying with this. The writing seemed totally thrown together with very little effort.

Some of the episodes from this season have been good, some bad...but if this is an example of what we can expect from episodes down the road, I really fear for this show's future.

Worst of this season so far BY FAR and one of the worst episodes they've EVER done in my opinion.

"Canada On Strike" was incredible. It felt like an episode from a past season. Give us more of that stuff guys! Please!!!! I know coming up with new ideas is difficult and you guys are really pressed for time a lot while making the show but come on!!! You guys can do so much better than this.

Please, never ever ever make another episode like this again.


I disagree, I think Canada on Strike was the one that was thrown together with very little effort. And I believe the worst episode of the season is Brittany's New look. This episode was good because first off, It brought Mr.Garrison Back, also every character had somewhat of a small part in the episode, plus it made fun of those inspirational teacher movies (I hate those movies so much!!!!) and it's just my kind of humor because a rat with a penis on it's back was running around town. Especially the part with the sketch of Micky Mouse with an erection and when Butters said "That's my teacher's Penis!" and his dad said "Butters, how do you know what your teacher's penis looks like?". So there has been way worse episodes.


I could not agree more with Joe Siracuse. Canada on strike was one that I enjoyed this season - I particularly like how they continue with the flip top heads and they surprisingly the Danes have them as well and they further tie in references from South Park past. Britneys new look was not so great and was kinda sick, although was at least watchable unlike this past weeks. Dude, If you classify that as your kind of humor, Im guessing you are probably not into girls, because clearly you have some fixation.
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 7:43 am Offline
  • Profile
Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:22 am24
redlightsp wrote:
largesponge wrote:
redlightsp wrote:
THIS EPISODE IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. Not 1 laugh the whole episode. As a devoted fan since the beginning, my hopes have come crashing down for there to be much of a future. I dont know if they are losing their touch, gone mad gay, or just hired some horny and slutty interns to guest write. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. Its ashame because they can be so on key with many episodes and then they release this horseshit. Quick make a recall before its not too late.


why do people always pull out the "i've been a devoted fan from the beginning" and "the writing is crap" whenever there is an episode they do not like? i majorly disliked tonsil trouble, yet knew it was either not to my taste or just an off episode (this point has now been proved as all the other episodes have been AWESOME). if you dont think there is much hope for the future, then DON'T WATCH! its that simple!

right, now thats out of my system, on with my ep review

loved all the part involving garrison (HE is an ace character), although not seeing the parodied movie, cartmans part flew over my head (although still quite funny). Best part: all the bits with the flopping penis mouse! Worst bit: Kyle ranting at cartman (glad he had little airtime for once)

Overall: 8.5/10


First of all, why does this concern you so much. Clearly many others feel the same way. This is an OFF episode. I know they are capable of much better. I have seen all their episodes, and when they are in true form or at least half, they produce some quality episodes, and that is why I am a fan of the show and WILL CONTINUE to watch, despite this crap that aired last week. Now that that is out of your system as you claim, why don't you recover your brain as well, because your accusations are illogical.



it does not concern me at all, i was just wondering why if someone dislikes an episode, they jump onto the 'bad writing' bandwagon. i enjoyed this ep, others did not, which is fine, everyone disliks at least one ep, i just dont see the reasoning in blaming the writing.

and there is no need to throw around insults
Yes, at first I was happy to be learning how to read. It seemed exciting and magical, but then I read this: Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of sh*t, I am never reading again
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 2:42 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
redlightsp wrote:
Kensuke wrote:
Joe Siracuse wrote:
I can't believe any of you die-hard South Park fans could call this a "good" episode. You must not have been watching the same episode that I was. I definitely have no idea where some people are getting "GREAT" from. This episode was horrible!!!

I saw someone asking why people always mention that they've been there from the beginning while saying they don't like a new episode - It's because they are trying to say that they have many reference points from the shows earlier days to compare to when talking about a new episode. At least that's why i've said it.

For the brilliance that Matt & Trey have come up with so many times and all the amazing episodes they've done - This can't even be considered an "okay" episode.

It seemed like they weren't even trying with this. The writing seemed totally thrown together with very little effort.

Some of the episodes from this season have been good, some bad...but if this is an example of what we can expect from episodes down the road, I really fear for this show's future.

Worst of this season so far BY FAR and one of the worst episodes they've EVER done in my opinion.

"Canada On Strike" was incredible. It felt like an episode from a past season. Give us more of that stuff guys! Please!!!! I know coming up with new ideas is difficult and you guys are really pressed for time a lot while making the show but come on!!! You guys can do so much better than this.

Please, never ever ever make another episode like this again.


I disagree, I think Canada on Strike was the one that was thrown together with very little effort. And I believe the worst episode of the season is Brittany's New look. This episode was good because first off, It brought Mr.Garrison Back, also every character had somewhat of a small part in the episode, plus it made fun of those inspirational teacher movies (I hate those movies so much!!!!) and it's just my kind of humor because a rat with a penis on it's back was running around town. Especially the part with the sketch of Micky Mouse with an erection and when Butters said "That's my teacher's Penis!" and his dad said "Butters, how do you know what your teacher's penis looks like?". So there has been way worse episodes.


I could not agree more with Joe Siracuse. Canada on strike was one that I enjoyed this season - I particularly like how they continue with the flip top heads and they surprisingly the Danes have them as well and they further tie in references from South Park past. Britneys new look was not so great and was kinda sick, although was at least watchable unlike this past weeks. Dude, If you classify that as your kind of humor, Im guessing you are probably not into girls, because clearly you have some fixation.



Dude, If you like insulting people's personal life without actually knowing them, you obviously don't have a life. Yes I'm into girls if you have to know, and the kind of humor I'm talking about is potty humor. If you want to throw insults at people, you have no business here.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 4:19 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:36 am82
Here's my take on the whole thing: This season has been a disappointment, save for Major Boobage. That episode redeemed the letdown of the first two episodes, but there needs to be another Major Boobage-quality episode to salvage the second half of the season.

I think there have been things to laugh at in each episode, but not the episode as a whole.

Magic Johnson and the cure for AIDS was out of nowhere, but the scene where the doctor's admitted Cartman has AIDS had me busting up laughing.

The Britney episode wasn't really that funny, though the paparazzi making zombie like noises was mildly amusing.

Canada on Strike was mediocre, though the spurning of the Writer's Union was appreciated. Butters singing What What in the butt was gold, as was the "I'm not your buddy, guy" exchanges. But that was about it.

Eek a Penis was mediocre as well, but the "How do I reech these keeeds" and the moonlight duet by mouse and penis was good stuff.

I don't know what all the bitching and moaning is about though. Say an episode sucked, say the season is just okay, but don't take it personally just because "You've been watching since the beginning."
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 4:29 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:52 pm6
Now this was a well thought up episode. I'd give it a 6.8/10
for luaghs but I love it how Mr./Mrs. Garrason's life keeps on changing. First he's strieght, then gay, then a woman, then lesbien, NOW a man again! Friggin genius! :mrgreen:
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 8:40 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:51 pm4
I was not intending on insulting you, and I apologize if i did. I just cannot figure out why many guys are so into "that kind of humor", potty humor fine, but you led me to think otherwise, as to the likings of this episode. I just look further into in to discover why it is truly funny.
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 8:47 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
redlightsp wrote:
I was not intending on insulting you, and I apologize if i did. I just cannot figure out why many guys are so into "that kind of humor", potty humor fine, but you led me to think otherwise, as to the likings of this episode. I just look further into in to discover why it is truly funny.


Accepted. I'm not sure why it's funny, It just is I guess.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 8:53 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:46 pm2
Olivia42 wrote:
It was an okay episode, but did anyone else find it highly Freudian?

In his lecture on Femininity, Freud states that all women have penis envy (which you've probably heard of) and that the only way to overcome it is to have a baby to serve as a substitute. If a woman does not have or want to have a baby, she has either deluded herself into believing she has a penis, (butch or lesbian) or developed neuroses from the anxiety. (Complete bullsh*t if you ask me.)

Garrison's quest for a penis becuase he can't have kids and is therefore not a woman reflects that in a fairly literal way. It's not the first time I've seen something explicitly Freudian in South Park. And I don't think it's intentional.

Aside from that interesting note, I now believe I'm a sucker for the musical numbers, because they have been my favorite parts of several episodes this season.


true, but have you ever considered why they havent coined a term vagina envy? Did Garrison have it? Or are all men really more secure than women?
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 8:55 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:46 pm2
DevilAngel16 wrote:
Oh my God, that was hilarious.

Can I just be totally immature and say that I loved the penis jokes? 'Cause I did. XDD I loved the "Women, always so afraid of penises." line and that scene when Ms. Garrison was telling the boys, "my penis is on the loose!" and all of those women being scared of the penis mouse, and that drawing of Mickey Mouse with a boner...oh my God. I laughed my ass off at all of those penis jokes. XD

I enjoyed the Garrison subplot more than the Cartman subplot, though. It was pretty good, but I dunno...teaching those "keedz" to cheat...that's just crazy. I didn't realize that cheating was considered the white people method. XD (Cartman's accent was funny though. And him comparing cheating to the Patriots and to abortion was funny too.)

Well, the best part of this episode is the fact that Mr. Garrison is back! I'm so happy he's a dude again. I'm sure that pretty much the entire SP fanbase is happy about that. (Now one question remains: is Mr. Garrison gay or straight? As far as we know, he still likes women, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if that's still true.)


just dont let daddy find out his little girl is not his little angel anymore
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 15, 2008 4:18 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
Second best episode of the season so far - the best is 1204 - and beside "Canada on strike" the only really funny one. I really don't get it why the reception of this episode is so mixed: here there are lovers and haters, in another forum I went to the reactions were mainly positive, and in another they were mainly negative. It seems to be pretty much a "love it or hate it"- episode.

Positive:
- best Garrison episode since "South Park is gay"

- the Garrison plotline was very South Park-like, if you ask me

- I laughed at Butters reaction to Garrison's explanation: "Ow. That hurt my brain". Lines like that and above all, the way he says them are the reason why I still prefer him over Kenny, even if he's overused sometimes.

- I know he was going to say that, but Mr. Stotch's line: "Butters, how do you know what your teacher's penis looks like?" was still funny to me, even though I was a little disappointed that Butters didn't get grounded. He's been grounded for less in the past.

- I didn't find identikit picture particularly funny, but as it is often with South Park, Garrison's reaction was.
"No, no, not like that! That's just silly."


- "Women. Always afraid of penises." - cracked me up. That's saying so much with such few words.

- The 60's parody of the shrieking women was hilarious - and I'm saying that as a woman.

- "Well then get an AIDS test, Thompson, 'cause your wife's a dude, f*ggot!" was pretty funny and very Garrison-like
- seems as if homophobic and probably in the closet Garrison is back

- The best thing of this episode were some of Cartman's lines : "How do you think white people always get ahead? Because we cheat all the time"

and: ".... in America
it's okay to cheat. As long as you cheat your way to the top."
- this statement is among the most accurate I've ever heard on television.



Negative:
- Like others already said, I'd have preferred Cartman teaching his own class - they wasted so much potential by dropping that storyline.

- I've always seen M&T as being against abortion (though the jabs in "Woodland Critter Christmas" and other episodes could just have criticized the way some people see abortion - which would be fine. ) Though I don't think I will ever have an abortion - but then again, I'm not a teenager anymore - I find their arguments a little one-sided. And I don't buy into the nature argument: as somebody already said, contraception also hasn't to do anything with nature, as it is with a lot of things in our society, and honestly, who gives a damn about nature nowadays.

- for the love of god, T&M, please stop using film parodies as main- or side plots, it's just not that funny or creative. A few references, like the "Sixth Sense" one in Imaginationland, can be funny though

- Generally about the course of the series, not this episode: Less political/social criticism and more stories revolving around the kids, though critical remarks about society are welcome and can be dropped in as one-liners - just not as the main story line.
A good example of that would be in Timmy2000, where a woman complains that people are cheering at Timmy:
Stan: "He looks pretty happy to me." - "Oh, you people make me sick".

I'll give it a 7 or 8 out of 10, but I'm more leaning towards 8, mainly because of the Garrison plot.

Edit: I've made up my mind. It's an 8.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 16, 2008 1:30 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:34 pm10
I thought it was a good, double-threaded plot, though I liked the Cartman subplot better than the Garrison one. The whole bit with chasing the penis with mouse mobility properties is such a huge gag set-up that you could expect a milder version on Saturday Night Live.
Favorite episodes: "Cartman joins NAMBLA" and "Make Love Not Warcraft"
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 16, 2008 8:46 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:30 pm2
Guys, Gals,

Settle down!

This season is incredible!. Canada, Major Boobage, and Eek.... all outstanding.

I don't watch this show critically. It is a highlight of the week. It is when I get to laugh out loud. Every character is hilarious, and the artists know better than
anyone how to harness them.

The " American Tale" song cut short was one of the best moments in SP history. Settle down! The goods keep on coming.

That is all it is.

Chill out. It is the best show on TV.

Jesus.
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 18, 2008 6:58 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:52 pm5The U.S.A.
Although I can't say that I've watched South Park from the beginning or that I grew up with the show, I actually do say I'm a fan at heart, die hard. I've seen almost every episode, working on the few that I haven't, and must say that though some episodes have been a bit...Well...half ass, you can;t just say that it's complete sh*t. I mean, if you're a South Park fan until the end, then just take the bad ones in stride(Though i loved this episode), go on with life.

Now for this episode. I absolutely adored it. I love South Park to the point where it is unhealthy. I love all four boys and in the beginning when Cartman smacked the stick thing, I sqealed. ^-^ The whole Stand and Deliver spoof was hilarious, though I haven't seen the movie. I almost shitted myself when I watched the penis and the mouse singing together, One of my favorites, definitely.
Bombs are flying. People are dying. Children are crying and politicians are lying, too. Texico's spilling, cancer is killing. The whole world's going to hell, but how are you?
Re: *1205: Eek, A Penis!* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 24, 2008 2:43 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:50 pm1
So uh... is anyone else confused about Garrison's current sexuality now, lol?

It's gone from straight, to gay, to straight(as a woman), to lesbian, and now straight again?

So does he like girls now again(assuming so from the 300 parody), or is he going to go back to being gay?
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 10 of 12 175 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X