Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 6 80 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 9:25 am Offline
Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:13 am1
Oh boy. Are we going to have another freakout episode? Like Two Days Before The Day After Tomorrow ("WE DIDN'T LISTEN!!"), for instance? Perhaps it'll be more like Cartoon Wars I and II, with people burying their heads in the sand? It has the same feel to it, and with Randy involved I don't doubt it at all. He has a tendency to, uh, overreact a bit.

-Ben
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 9:33 am Offline
Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:12 pm1
Its going to be another amazing episode with Randy as the main character :cartmanlaugh:
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 9:56 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
People who say that this may delve into the country's economic state: Maybe it will.

But this also could be a parody of what happened in Asia. Underwater cables were cut and many people had difficulties with the internet. This may be a parody of that; A "What If?" scenario. What if it happened in America, only worse?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 1:08 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:42 pm8
The press release says it all, this is gonna be a good one. Matt and Trey don't fail me now! Every randy-centric episode has been amazing, whether he's at odds with the ominous force of global warming or suffering from the disease of alcoholism, I can only imagine to what lengths he'll go to find life's most precious resource: the internet...
Listen. Listen! We finished running the tests.
Global warming is going to strike two days before the day after tomorrow.
Oh my god. That's today!
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 2:28 pm Offline
Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:25 pm30
Sounds interesting. I'm not overly excited about this episodes premise, but that doesn't mean it won't be good. I'll just have to see.
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 2:35 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
The Grapes of Wrath theme seems likely.

But I've got to wonder if they just need an excuse to move the characters to California in order to rip on something endemic to California.

In any case, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Stan/Kyle A story.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 3:36 pm Offline
Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:22 am24
i love randy eps!

im giddy with excitment!
Yes, at first I was happy to be learning how to read. It seemed exciting and magical, but then I read this: Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand. I read every last word of this garbage, and because of this piece of sh*t, I am never reading again
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 4:00 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I've gotta say, I'm not too keen on the name they chose for this one. I think they should have gone with what they called the preview clip "Out Californee Way".
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 4:19 pm Offline
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 pm3912California, where the homeless are.
Google, YouTube, Yahoo, HP, Apple, and a lot of other big Internet and PC places are based in California, so it's no wonder California still has Internet. California is the birth place of the Internet, it was started as a project for connecting universities with each other in California and beyond. The US military invented the protocols used for it's development. (TCP/IP) But, good old England provided us the man who made it easier to use and added the term 'WWW'.

(Reminds me of the movie "A Day Without a Mexican" for some reason. :? look here.)
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 5:43 pm Offline
Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:57 pm1018Earth definetly... most likely somewhere on land
Ah it was only a matter of time before a Randy ep. came along. Judging on the plot this will at least be intresting.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 6:03 pm Offline
Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:54 pm57You'll figure it out...
Funny, I was just recently learning about global villages and I was just wondering what the world would be like without any kind of electronical communication or transportation.
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 pm Offline
Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:51 am1
nice. this is totally going to be about the economic recession. can't wait to see it!
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 7:50 pm Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:46 am13Texas
I always look forward to Cartman and his twisted opinion. I hope he has a part in this episode.
"As long as we're here, we might as well enjoy ourselves."
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 8:17 pm Offline
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:31 pm38
Darn! I was beaten to it!

I totally think this looks like, atleast partly, Grapes of Wrath-ish.

If you've never seen that movie, watch it. Actually depicts the Great Depression well...

But that is only a subplot... There are usually other complimentary storylines that make up the plot. I'm going to guess it's about the economy. (Since Grapes of Wrath took place in depression, and people in today's day and age are overreacting over the economy like it's the Great Depression).

But that's just my guess... How much internet stuff can you do? You tube was just done last week, and in the 911 Conspiracy Episode, in the internet was used as well.... So I'm guessing even though the clip refers to the internet and the title including "Logging", the internet is only a sub-plot.

can't wait
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 14, 2008 8:42 pm Offline
Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:31 pm7
I think this episode sounds awesome! Us South Park fans are a whiny bunch. Not that that excludes me, I was complaining about last episode but just going through everybody's comments we're pretty full of complaints! Anyway I'm a Randy fan and this seems like more of the regular characters should get some actions so I'm excited. I definitely can't see Stan being gone for good. Actually I don't know if I emphasized that enough - I think that's a retarded guess. But hey I can be proven wrong and you can all laugh at me. I also would be cool with this episode not referencing anything political/literary. I like a good just plain old funny episode every now and then :assface:
Maury, I am out of control. Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 6 80 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next