Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 5 of 14 199 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
Author Message
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 5:52 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:48 pm3
The episode had its funny moments, like the simulator and when we saw his juice all over the room.
But this episode and eek a penis, havent been great
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 6:51 am Offline
  • Profile
Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:37 pm24
This episode was pretty funny!

The SIMULATOR was AWESOME! :shock:

I give it a 6.
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 6:52 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
Tonsil Trouble: 7.5/10
Brittany's new look: 1/10
Major Boobage: 9.5/10
Canada On Strike: 3/10
Eek, a penis: 8/10
Over-Logging: 4/10
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 7:56 am Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:43 pm4
I think, despite what others have said (about the episode sucking, Cartman not saying anything, etc.) this episode had its laughs!

It might have not been "the greatest" episode but the main idea that we as a society "must" LIVE with the internet is so true. A great stab at how live is in the 21st century and how people must always be "connected" to the internet in general.

Overall, good episode and hope to see more great episodes on the way!

~Christopher
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 9:27 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:53 am1
Never have I witnessed an entire season in which my total laughs can be counted on three fingers.

This latest episode was plain ol' boring. Maybe the creators could sit and watch their first few seasons again for inspiration.

Or maybe it's time to throw in the Towelie.....
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 9:36 am Offline
  • Profile
Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:26 am1
Internet shut down... aye it seems so,
I can not watch this fckn vid, caus what? I don t know,
it 's not my connexion I v already seen adverts again and again and I m kinda pissed right now,
I can tell u I m not going to buy imaginationland dvd and it s not going to be today!!
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 9:51 am Offline
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:13 pm49Hero City
I saw a lot of thruths in this episode regarding the Internet and how some have gotten so accustomed to not living a day without it [I'm sort of guilty myself]. However, I like the fact that Matt and Trey are going with more cultural references and parodies of classic films, which honestly adds a different twist to the show and is very good.

I've read this entire thread through, and while some loved it, there are some here who cared less for it. I think that these changes are what make a show evolve. Take the Simpsons for example: If the Simspons didn't evolve to what it is today, it probably wouldn't have been considered the longest running animated sitcom, outbeating the Flintstones.
"Bullies beware! The Hero Signal means you'll be hurting now!"
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 10:14 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:49 pm1
I AGREE WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS. WHEN I SAY THIS EPISODE REALLY DID SUCK!
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 10:21 am Offline
  • Profile
Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:08 pm222UK
(Sorry)

Really, i thought this one was an absoulte balls episode. Nothing funny for me expect "Fax! Fax!" other than that, not a good episode. I did not like it.

2/10
The Most Under-Rated FanFic Writer since "Cyberdemons on Holiday" was banned.
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 10:36 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 am239San Clemente, California
So someone (Trey I’m looking at you) lost service and didn’t think to reboot the router…durrr.

He went all weekend and discovered the thing he missed most was internet porn. That, of course, is the way to make money on the internet. It has been true since it took off in the ‘90’s and it is still true today. If Hollywood writers want to make money on the net they need to set up porn sites or sell schlong enlargers and cheap watches from China.

The episode had many moments that made me smile; no big laughs though. The smile moments came mostly when Stan and Shelly were on. I did like the Grapes of Wrath references and Randy did sing a folk song! I did find it funny that the show concludes with Randy telling everyone that the internet must be conserved like a natural resource. To do this he dresses in a Native American guise and pounds emotionally on the podium to emphasize the point. Was this a reference to some movie or news conference perhaps? Was that Steven Segal’s jacket Randy was wearing from Deadly Ground? (I think itsallok is right.)

No, the internet is not natural! Use it all you want! Suck up all the bandwidth you need. It is for entertainment and information. It is as lame and, at the same time, interesting as TV was in its beginning. Actually it is better than TV was at the beginning because it is 24/7 (unless you forget to reboot the router) and you can search for ANYTHING …and usually find it!

The interesting question is do we get more entertainment from the net or from TV??? This episode suggests the majority of the entertainment from the net is in the form of: porn, lame videos like Dancing Kitty, or meaningless email relationships.

However this ignores all the cool sites that have won Webbys. You know, the web awards…
http://www.webbyawards.com/

Also, what of all the news and information sites that abound?
Internet gambling; that’s big!
What of sites devoted to your favorite TV show or musician?

Anyway…
Pretty good but not great because no REAL hilarity ensued.
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 10:53 am Offline
  • Profile
Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:32 pm6
Butterskicksass wrote:
Shiksah wrote:
I really enjoyed this episode. I hate to say that I wasn't too impressed with the beginning of season 12, but this episode gave me some hope.

Also, I could really relate to it in so many ways. I rely so much on the internet for school, e-mail and other things. I actually get concerned if the Internet doesn't work (of course not hysterical like the people of South Park). When Kyle said that he tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, I definitely related because that's what I do when the wireless goes off. What a great connector with the audience!!

It was cool to see the Mac screen with "you are not connected to the internet" shown on Stan's computer. I have a Mac and actually said aloud, "It's a Mac!." I love Mac computers. In fact, I'm using mine to type this message.

Anyway, round of applause to Trey and Matt!! This episode was a hit in my book.


Yeah... it hit the bottom of the barrel!! How can you say that it was funny?? The ONLY thing funny about this episode was when Randy Spunked all over himself!!! You obviously havent been watching SP very long... Watch some of the older seasons and then judge this episode... I'm sure you will see that this episode wasnt funny at all!!


You obviously don't know me. I'VE BEEN A HUGE SOUTH PARK FAN FOR MANY, MANY YEARS!! I OWN EVERY SEASON THAT'S BEEN OUT ON DVD.

I DO AGREE WITH YOU IN THAT THERE HAVE BEEN FUNNIER EPISODES IN THE PAST, BUT I STILL LIKED THIS EPISODE BECAUSE, LIKE I MENTIONED BEFORE, I COULD RELATE TO IT.

It's all about perspective. Some thought it was funny and some didn't. I thought it was good and you didn't think so, and that's OK.

I'm sorry that you didn't like it like I did, but you shouldn't assume that I don't anything about South Park because I liked this particular episode.
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 11:21 am Offline
  • Profile
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Sure enough, at work, I was the only one who thought last night's episode was good, but lacking. The guys at work pointed something out to me, that i guess I neglected, maybe you guys did too, maybe not. But here was their point.

South Park season 11 was incredibly strong, we had "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson", "Cartman Sucks", "Fantastic Easter Special", "Le Petit Tourette", All 3 Imaginationland episodes, "Guitar Queero" and they ended it strong with "The List". So out of 14, they had 9 strong episodes, 3 decent (More Crap, The snuke, Night of the Living Homeless) and Lice Capades and D-Yikes as the 2 weaker episodes.

Season 10 had "Make Love, not Warcraft", possibly the most well known episode to date, even to non SP fans, "Manbearpig", "Miss teacher bangs a boy", "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce", "Tsst", and "Go god Go/(XII)" and "Cartoon Wars (Part 1/2)". That's 9/14 again strong, with "Stanley's cup", "Return of Chef", "Smug Alert" and "Hell on Earth 2006" going decent, strong to some viewers, with "Million Little fibers" being the weakest episode.

Now, Season 12. The overall from my coworkers and from the average I read on here seem to vary. Some thought "Tonsil Trouble" was sheer brilliance, as was "Britney's New look", while others thought they were weak. But seriously, A weak season was sorta expected, almost like the American economy getting in a recession. When was the last bad season? Season 6? (IMO), Season 7/8 weren't bad, 9 had it's charm. We were due for a weak one, and I guess we can use the Writer Strike as a scape goat for this. I don't know if the Season's 1/2 over yet, but I'm sure this episode will get stronger. My personal bias on who/what I want to see aside, I'm certain as a fan of South Park since it's debut there'll be plenty worth remembering from this season, if "Major Boobage" wasn't gold to many of you guys and nothing in the other 5 brought promise, in theory there's one more episode before the season split, therefore they'll have plenty of weeks to sit and brain storm.

Take these thoughts into account guys.
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 11:32 am Offline
  • Profile
Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:32 pm6
HAcoreRD wrote:
Sure enough, at work, I was the only one who thought last night's episode was good, but lacking. The guys at work pointed something out to me, that i guess I neglected, maybe you guys did too, maybe not. But here was their point.

South Park season 11 was incredibly strong, we had "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson", "Cartman Sucks", "Fantastic Easter Special", "Le Petit Tourette", All 3 Imaginationland episodes, "Guitar Queero" and they ended it strong with "The List". So out of 14, they had 9 strong episodes, 3 decent (More Crap, The snuke, Night of the Living Homeless) and Lice Capades and D-Yikes as the 2 weaker episodes.

Season 10 had "Make Love, not Warcraft", possibly the most well known episode to date, even to non SP fans, "Manbearpig", "Miss teacher bangs a boy", "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce", "Tsst", and "Go god Go/(XII)" and "Cartoon Wars (Part 1/2)". That's 9/14 again strong, with "Stanley's cup", "Return of Chef", "Smug Alert" and "Hell on Earth 2006" going decent, strong to some viewers, with "Million Little fibers" being the weakest episode.

Now, Season 12. The overall from my coworkers and from the average I read on here seem to vary. Some thought "Tonsil Trouble" was sheer brilliance, as was "Britney's New look", while others thought they were weak. But seriously, A weak season was sorta expected, almost like the American economy getting in a recession. When was the last bad season? Season 6? (IMO), Season 7/8 weren't bad, 9 had it's charm. We were due for a weak one, and I guess we can use the Writer Strike as a scape goat for this. I don't know if the Season's 1/2 over yet, but I'm sure this episode will get stronger. My personal bias on who/what I want to see aside, I'm certain as a fan of South Park since it's debut there'll be plenty worth remembering from this season, if "Major Boobage" wasn't gold to many of you guys and nothing in the other 5 brought promise, in theory there's one more episode before the season split, therefore they'll have plenty of weeks to sit and brain storm.

Take these thoughts into account guys.


HAcoreRD does comment on something I agree with. There are moments in South Park that weren't the best. I personally thought that Season 6 wasn't really that good either.

Also, it's nice to know that I'm not the only big fan who thought that this episode was good. The only replies to my very 1st post were from people who obviously don't know me. One thought that I wasn't a fan and haven't been watching South Park for a long time. I'M A HUGE FAN!! Just because they thought it was bad doesn't mean that I have to feel the same way and that my feelings are wrong. I've seen every episode of the series so far and saying that, I still like this episode very much.

Thanks HAcoreRD for your comments.
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 11:36 am Offline
  • Profile
Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:22 am3
Everything possible has already been said, but nonetheless, I guess I'll throw in my two cents.

I thought the episode was good, but not great. I mean, I would have really enjoyed seeing more of the boys rather an episode focusing on Randy. I enjoy Randy, but I think the episode would have been far more amusing had Cartman and the boys had more of a presence. I still had my fill of laughs, but not nearly enough as I would have hoped!

Oh, well, I am still optimistic for the rest of the season!
Re: *1206: Over Logging* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 17, 2008 11:39 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
@Hardcore:
They have eight episodes left for the season- one more for this run. Also, the writer's strike didn't affect the show in any meaningful way. Trey Parker writes the majority of the show, the vast majority, and he didn't go with the strike. Plus, the strike ended before the season started(Right?) and the show is written on a week-by-week basis. So, the writer's strike couldn't have affected it.

As for this season being weak: I do agree that it is weak. Bad? No, but weak. Tonsil Trouble was solid, Britney's New Look was terrible, major Boobage was great, Canada on Strike was solid, and Eek! A Penis! was decent. This episode is middling. Major Boobage and BNL cancel each other out. Tonssil Trouble and Canada on Strike cancel out Eek! A Penis! and Over Logging. It is still better than the first half of season nine which is IMHO the worst season the show has ever had.

Season 11: 10/14 episodes were great. "Snuke" was good, but not great. "Lice Capades" and "D-Yikes!" were middling, More Crap sucked.

Season Ten: 8/14 were great. "Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy" and "Stanley's Cup" were decent. "Hell on Earth 2006" and both "Go God Go" parts were bad. They bored me to tears. "A Million Little Fibers" sucked balls.

Season Six: 13/17 were great. It also has three of my favorite episodes, "My Future Self N' Me", "The Biggest Douche in the Universe", and "The Return of the Lord of the Rings to the Two Towers". "Jared Has Aides", "Freak Strike", "The Death Camp of Tolerance", and "Red Sleigh Down" are all good, solid episodes. This is my favorite season. This season and season five are when the show was at it's peak IMHO: Good stories, good points, good jokes, good character development.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 5 of 14 199 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X