Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 9 of 14 209 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 24, 2008 9:09 pm Offline
Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:09 am19Australia
My only annoyance was Wendy's voice, I just can't get used to it. :(
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 24, 2008 10:41 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Yes Deb, we noticed the parallels to Die Hard. Nate mentioned as much in the last blog.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 24, 2008 11:56 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Ahh, so you're a Wendy hater. I'll leave you to a certain someone I know who will post 10,000 words to defend Wendy. :lol:

Huh?! Oh, it's my cue? Is this thing on? *taps mic* Uhh... Wendy rocks! Hmm... how can I stretch this out into 10,000 words? *someone whispers something in my ear* Ahh, copy and paste... that totally won't annoy people and get me in trouble for spamming! Okay then...

Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks Wendy rocks

And I'm going to leave it there so that this doesn't get too spammy.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 12:11 am Offline
Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:37 am11
I knew he was talking about a giddy, fan girl. What is it about Wendy that rocks? I can't think of ONE thing.
~I also knew that those 10,000 words would consist of nothing but copying and pasting :)

Oh well, I'm more of a Cartman&Kenny fan anyway. :unhoodedkenny: :cartmansmirk:
Re: BY THE WAY.. ANOTHER SITE TO WATCH SOUTH PARK PostFri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 am Offline
Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:05 pm4
Butterskicksass wrote:
I FORGOT TO TELL EVERYONE... THERE IS A SITE THAT YOU CAN WATCH EVERY SP EPISODE, EVEN CANADA ON STRIKE WHICH WONT BE ON HERE UNTIL 5/03, ITS CALLED mtelly.net AND IT HAS EVERY EPISODE THERE IS. GO TO MTELLY THEN GO TO TV AND THEN CLICK SOUTH PARK... IT WILL SHOW YOU ALL THE SEASONS. JUST PICK THE ONE YOU WANT. ANYWAYS, I HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CANT WATCH SOME OF THE EPISODES DUE TO WHERE YOU ARE AT. BY THE WAY... THAT SITE HAS MOVIES THAT ARE STILL IN THE THEATRE LIKE THE FORBIDDEN KINGDOM... ITS OKAY QUALITY BUT ITS STILL FREE. HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU GUYS AND GIRLS OUT THERE!!! (I CANT WAIT UNTIL OCT. 1ST!!!! THATS WHEN THE NEXT NEW SOUTH PARK WILL AIR!!!! YAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

btjunkie.org : Torrents r the only way to go bro.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 5:46 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
j-rab wrote:
I knew he was talking about a giddy, fan girl. What is it about Wendy that rocks? I can't think of ONE thing.
~I also knew that those 10,000 words would consist of nothing but copying and pasting :)

Oh well, I'm more of a Cartman&Kenny fan anyway. :unhoodedkenny: :cartmansmirk:

Oh, where to start with your idiocy:
1- HE is M-A-L-E. Do you know the different genders?
2- HE didn't feel like really debating with you when I linked HIM on MSN because HE thought your sh*t was so damned retarded and based on no facts that HE didn't(and still doesn't) think you are worth any of HIS time.

I could post more, but I am laughing so hard right now. Man, you're an idiot.
A funny one though.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 7:30 am Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:16 am2
Yeah, So I enjoyed the Die Hard parody. I thought the kill scenes were incredible. Those scenes have so much detail that you can't even understand because the kills happen so fast. As for the plot, I dunno, it just seems like so random to me. Maybe they got BK to sponsor them and they had to put them in a show? I saw on an earlier post somebody say they even saw 3 BK commercials! What is super phun thyme supposed to even be? Chucky Cheese / Roller world combined? The Parodies are starting to get to me a little bit.

P.S. Very sad that Months will pass before some new Eps come out.
<3 sp
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 8:31 am Offline
Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:37 pm24
OMG this episode was the best ever!

Butters is just soooo cute! When he cried and punched Eric, it was just one of those Butters' "AWWWWWWW!" moments...

And he just REFUSES to let go of Eric's hand!

He is just the best...

And I love how Mr. Garrison just tried to save himself HAHA...So funny...

"Wendy, I have to do something. Please look away!"

SO AWESOME.

I give it a 9.5/10.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 9:25 am Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:13 am40Hong Kong, China
Eric Cartman as a mighty wrecking ball!! I didn't know Butters can master such a weight like nothing!

Pity that Kenny didn't die, although maybe this death, if happened, would be too plain.

The death of the criminals remind me of watching my colleague playing Counter Strike earlier this day and getting PWNed.

Good enough for a high rate -- 8.5/10.
A Chinese Butters wearing a Bavarian shirt
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 11:02 am Offline
Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:02 am3545New England
IMDB post ratings are in on all seven episodes:

In order and rankings (out of 10)

1. Major Boobage 9.0
2. Super Fun Time 8.2
3. Eek, A Penis! 7.8
4. Canada On Strke 7.5
5. Tonsil Trouble 7.2
6. Over Logging 6.9
7. Brittney's New Look 6.0

*Note: The last two on the list were quoted as "Disasters!" Season 12 could very well be known as a season full of potential, that never fully developed as planned.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 11:38 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
Bit of an odd time to parody Die Hard, about a year after the resurection of the franchise failed miserably and... a lot longer since the original film. The lines were so ripped for the Deutsch burger-bandit.

Butters has inner streangth to hold Cartman up on the lamppost and actually SWING him as a weapon. He's pretty darn commited to 'teh mission.'

Stan's self sacrifice was... proof he loves her that doesn't invlove puking. I'm glad to see at least one female kid resurected, especially as it means more Stan time. The four kids all getting major roles with the secondry kids cameoing, just like in the good-old-days of the show and the better fics out there.

As for j-rab, why turn this into a debate? You don't like Wendy, fine, just keep that debate to the Wendy thread if you're going to have it at all. Or at least present some of these hundreds of reasons to hate the charactar. She's a bit bland, especially without her inner-bitch, but if she has more screen-time she gets the other boys in situations they'd never normally be in. She suddenly seems like a changed woman since she returned, the List and this mightn't be enough to show she's different but the Bitchiness seems to have disapeared, taking a lot of charactar depth with it. But at least she still brings out the best in some of the other kids, some non-Stan/Cartman interaction would rock though, showing what she can really do. What parings do you like, if any? What defences do you have for any paring except a 'squee, I LOVED that pair' remark? If you don't like parings then fine, but I suspect you're a slash-fan like most people this ANTI Wendy. How's other kids better than her? How is she worse than, say, Jimmy or her male form, Kyle?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 11:43 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
superiorsavior wrote:
Bit of an odd time to parody Die Hard, about a year after the resurection of the franchise failed miserably and... a lot longer since the original film. The lines were so ripped for the Deutsch burger-bandit.

Most of their spoofs are for 1980's films. Die Hard came out in 1988.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 12:23 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
I suppose it makes as much sense as a Heavy Metal spoof. Wish they hadn't spoofed historical recreations AGAIN though.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 2:15 pm Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
Another part that I found Hilarious was when Stan did is ol' pioneer voice. "If we was to invent some fan-say door, what would the code be? Shuk-em-up." Also, the reason Kenny wasn't killed is most likely because the creators wanted to show that Kenny can be in danger without actually dying for once.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 25, 2008 4:02 pm Offline
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 pm51
I just rewatched the episode... My number one reason for disliking it was that people seemed so out of character. Suddenly, Butters is incredibly stubborn for absolutely no reason. Suddenly, Cartman is compassionate for absolutely no reason. And everyone else's personality seemed incredibly weak. The only person who I can say actually seemed like he was playing his role well was Mr. Garrison.

I also think that Super Phun Thyme was incredibly tacked on. Totally superfluous. They could have done something with it, but they really didn't. It just felt like a half-assed attempt at strengthening the Carman-Butters sidestory.

Sort by  
Page 9 of 14 209 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next