Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 14 210 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 7:36 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:25 pm1
when do they add it to the episode viewer?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 7:37 pm Offline
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 pm51
Ugh... that episode sucked hard. I didn't so much as chuckle once. I thought season 12 was off to a mediocre start before, but it's just not getting any better.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 7:47 pm Offline
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:01 am23New York, NY
Another brilliant episode! First "The List" and now "Super Fun Time" end their 1/2 seasons with a bang! Adorable and flawless and hilarious and the best episode of the half-season.

Are the final episodes the best because Trey has a few months to work on it? Or do you guys just save the best for last?

Either way, it's another episode that I'm going to save, study, deconstruct, and steal from.

Christ on a crutch! I'm always stunned how you guys cram a full movie's worth of storytelling into 22 minutes AND have me laughing out loud. (Cartman and Butters on the street light..... priceless.)

*bows to your writing greatness*

sloppy kisses,
Lisa
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 7:50 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
My Season 12 Breakdown (like you care):

Tonsil Trouble - 9/10. I was kinda surprised to see that not alot of people liked this.

Britney's New Look - 4/10. Ugh.

Major Boobage - 10/10. Pure genius. Plus plenty of :unhoodedkenny:

Canada on Strike - 8/10. That may be a little generous.

Eek, a Penis! - 7.25/10. Kinda meh.

Over Logging - 7.5/10. Purely because of the ectoplasm.

Super Fun Time - 9.75/10. Yay, Stan/Wendy. Booyah Cartman/Butters.

And there you have it. See you next run!
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 8:04 pm Offline
Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:31 am263
Overall, I enjoyed Season 12. Sure, Over-Logging, Eek, A Penis!, and Brittney's New Look may not have been the most hilarious episodes of the series, but they had their moments and at least I wasn't turned off completely by them.

This episode, however, was the best episode of Season 12 thus far. Singing Cartman and crying Butters? Ohman.
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 8:09 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
sp150 wrote:
Godammit, they didn't kill Kenny!

Seriously, they even acknowledged the chance and passed it up!

I liked it otherwise, especially the Stan/Wendy bits, and I really like the new assertive Butters. The show is really going back to it's starting place. I mean, think about it. This episode could probably be swapped back into Season 3 and you could barely notice except for the advanced animation, Butters and Kenny not dying.

Seriously tho, why didn't they kill Kenny?

You Bastards.

I seriously hope this gets some kind of 'Deleted Scene' with Kenny dying, like "The List"'s ending.

And is it just me or did Jimmy have 1 line?

I'm rather happy they didn't kill Kenny, keeps the viewers on their toes. Me and my brother thought for sure Kenny was gonna die, and Stan stepping up and acting like he did way back when sorta goes with the episode idea, South Park at it's roots, that goes double with Stan/Wendy working together again.

No Pip though, but they had the 4 main, and the tier 2's: Token, Craig, Clyde, Tweek, Jimmy, Timmy, Bebe, Butters, Wendy, Lola, Anne and Heidi.

As much as I hate Butters, I did like him opposing Cartman, I wish he acted like this more often. Good way to close the 1/2 season.

Should i point out there was 8 robbers who left the car, and then most of which vanished, or was the shoot out cut short?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 8:12 pm Offline
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 pm3912California, where the homeless are.
This is another confirmation to me that Butters and Cartman will be a gay married couple when they grow up. :)

Biggest impact on the series from this episode:

Stan and Wendy are back together, for sure, not like in "The List" where it was just an educated guess. :P
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 8:26 pm Offline
Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:47 pm5
"This is gonna suck"
"trappers..."

Could those be 'Cannibal!' references?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 8:29 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 pm1
Anyone else notice when Cartman was trying to find a partner, he looks at Clyde and Token and says "Craig, Token..." by mistake?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 8:45 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
The whole thing reminds me of Follow That Egg except in reverse.

1. Stan just goes with Wendy. No assignment from Garrison.

2. Where Butters drags Cartman onto the bus says "we got to the bus ok" and falls on his back (both in torn clothes) is the same as "teacher, our egg is ok"

3. In Follow That Egg, Wendy complimented Stan by saying "you'd make a great father" and Stan replies "like anybody gives a crap about what you think Wendy" this time she sort of insults him (southern accent thing) and he's just like "yeah"

Its like taking those 2 episodes and putting them on the air. 1 forwards and another backwards.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 8:54 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:42 pm8
I think this episode was solid, but not my favorite. I personally like more cultural references and melodramatic plotlines, but I do realize it's the end of the run and vacation was calling...

And good point, kfgg. Maybe they WERE running out of ideas...

My Season 12 faves so far:
1. Major Boobage (South Park at its BEST)
2. Canada on Strike (Internet celebrities/ridiculing the WGA=priceless)
3. Tonsil Trouble (just horrible...but hilarious)
4. Super Fun Time (Yay Stan and Wendy!)
5. Over Logging (could have been better, but still good)
6. Eek! A Penis! (loved the moon serenade but will miss ms. garrison...)
7. Britney's New Look (not the best, except for the harvest sacrifice at the end)
Listen. Listen! We finished running the tests.
Global warming is going to strike two days before the day after tomorrow.
Oh my god. That's today!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 9:05 pm Offline
Mon May 03, 2004 6:29 pm692Hot Florida
As others have stated, seeing Wendy in another role was something, oh, and seeing Stan get to actually save the day/do stuff was great. Loved Butters as the "straight man" to Cartman, too.

I was a bit miffed that there was no Pip in the crowd of students (but once more, Jimmy. Personally I think Tweek or someone would've been funnier to see paired with Kyle. The reactions, man! And having to keep Tweek quiet and to shut up in the face of danger, too XD), though I've noticed they put in some random students, including some of the committee girls from "The List" in the class (Nelly was with Bradley, and the nameless black-haired one was with what looked like a gray-haired Rebecca Cotswolds of some sort)

There could've been more to the episode, it seemed to go by so fast, but what we got wasn't too horrible. Just lacking a bit, somewhat. And yeah, I'm sure Kenny dying would've been the expected reaction, but he got away lucky this time.

I'm seeing the typical "NOOO, NOT STAN/WENDY, BAAAW KILL THAT BITCH!" reaction at other places already. Geez, you know, they could've thrown in a makeout to make those fangirls cry sweet tears of blood some more, that's how ridiculous it is :P
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 9:18 pm Offline
Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:26 pm5
Cerisa_Roz wrote:
I'm seeing the typical "NOOO, NOT STAN/WENDY, BAAAW KILL THAT BITCH!" reaction at other places already. Geez, you know, they could've thrown in a makeout to make those fangirls cry sweet tears of blood some more, that's how ridiculous it is :P

:( I hate when fangirls make sane people look bad. Some of us dislike Stan/Wendy, but don't want her to die. Some of us even like her, just not the pairing. We exist, I promise!

As far as the episode itself goes, despite the Stan/Wendy, I loved it. Butters cracked me up the whole time, and Stan's solution to save Kenny was awesome. Great job, guys.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 9:20 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:15 pm1
I noticed one glaring issue...

When the terrorists are interrogating the second man, he begins to tell them the number; which is as follows:

5 - 2 - *Dead*

Later on the villagers say that the code is 1 - 8 - 4 - 6 (Whatever year they think they are in)

So were they lying, or did Trey and Matt slip up?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 9:37 pm Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
One word: WIN.

The episode had a simple premise and was just fun and entertaining. No celebrities, no current events, no sappy or preachy messages, just a good old fun time. The episode also made great use of many characters: all four main boys (including Kenny), Wendy, Butters. Great way to end this half of the season. I give this episode a 9/10. It and Major Boobage really made Season 12 for me. I'm definitely putting this episode on my iPod as soon as it comes out on iTunes.

Man, I'm beginning to love South Park again. :D

Sort by  
Page 2 of 14 210 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next