Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 14 210 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 27, 2008 11:48 pm Offline
Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:44 am2
No Offense but it became the show it didnt want to become many seasons back
which was just parody episodes,it was still good enough
b/c the parody just came in small dosage and clean ideas still came clean like the n*gger guy episode

but lately its just been parody episodes with no clean ideas if anything with small dosage of jokes, trey and matt need to bring new writters to help, optimistic sadist
Or even take suggestions or plots from fans there out of ideas since SP has been such a routine...
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 28, 2008 11:13 am Offline
Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am287Glasgow, Scotland
This episode was... well, it was alright.

It was funny, the 'never coming out of character' element was brilliantly done and the whole Butters/Cartman friendship is always fun to watch. It definately was a better episode than some of the others of the season but I also realize that, overall, Season 12 is one of the worst seasons I've ever seen. And I'll tell you why.

You had all these great storylines but horribly executed. Cartman with HIV? Giving it to Kyle? And the episode ends up turning into a ridiculous 'Magic Johnson' storyline where the storyline went extremely downhill. You had the Britney Spears episode.. which ended up being a travesty and turning into some lame parody and making no sense whatsoever. Cheesing? I found that episode ridiculously unfunny and, whereas the animation wasn't bad, it still didn't deserve the 'Emmy award winning' episode praise. The writers strike episode was mostly just parody and satire of Youtube which was the best part of the episode, Internet (which wasn't bad) and, finally, this episode. Two average episodes and 1 good out of about six. Not good. Whatever has changed in South Park, unchange it. It's lost the formula that made South Park the controversial, funny show it once was.

Someone said to me earlier that it may have been down to the show, being controversial for so many years, finally not being AS controversial. Remember, it's been around since 1997. That's a long time - nearly eleven years. Usually, shows end up getting worse towards the end. And I'm afraid that this may be the fate of one of my favourite shows. These latest episodes haven't been the funny episodes I once saw - instead, it's become average television where you laugh at some bits and merely stare stone faced at others.

I'm going to be totally honest - if this is just down to exhaustion maybe on the creator' parts, maybe they should take a step back from the show. Bring it back when they feel energetic and creative once again instead of just throwing random ideas together. And I know how hard people work to bring South Park to us - but when you lose that important factor of humour, the show will wither and die. Becoming 'that show which was funny once until it got old'. My feeling is - Imaginationland was the peak of the recent batch of episodes from both seasons. The rest have been average and predictable save from a few.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 28, 2008 2:44 pm Offline
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 am261The grand capital of MI, Detroit
funny how cartman always represents a movie in his actions,
i personaly hate Cartman, but he is seemingly being less of an ass hole as usual, probably just me :|

and why is everyonne here wining about season 12? Souhtpark is always gonna be be kick-ass in my opinion 8)

just be happy they let you watch 100% of the episodes anytime for free
C? care about your feelings just as much u do mine. :P
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 28, 2008 10:59 pm Offline
Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:04 pm2
i love this episode!!!

it was great that Butters was in it so much!

this was by far the very best of the season. i hope all the rest are just as awsome.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 29, 2008 7:40 am Offline
Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:30 am7Baden, Austria
as long as south park isn't as bad as th simpsons, goddamnit the simpsons suck matt groening mother's balls
I am austrian, that means i gotta be 16 to be able to buy alcohol, I'm 14 and I drink anyway. HAHAHA you gotta wait until you're 21 HAHAHA
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 29, 2008 12:37 pm Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
Viktorguy, kinda wrote:
as long as south park isn't as bad as th simpsons, goddamnit the simpsons suck matt groening mother's balls

That statement just gave me the same face as my avatar. Honestly, The Simpsons is far better than the new episodes of South Park because The Simpsons always makes me laugh at least 10 times every episode. The new South Park...meh.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 29, 2008 3:05 pm Offline
Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:18 pm183Marklar
Kensuke wrote:
Viktorguy, kinda wrote:

That statement just gave me the same face as my avatar. Honestly, The Simpsons is far better than the new episodes of South Park because The Simpsons always makes me laugh at least 10 times every episode. The new South Park...meh.

Agreed. The Simpsons is a great show. They're soon to enter their 20th season and there is a reason for that: it's a awesome show!

As for the latest episode of South Park, I liked it. Pioneer Paul reminded me of Bell from Cannibal! The Musical. Butters being the straight guy was great. It was my second favorite episode from the season so far. [#1 is major boobage]
"Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!"
"Intelligent and friendly on rye bread, with some mayonaise."
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 29, 2008 3:41 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
chel wrote:
Agreed. The Simpsons is a great show. They're soon to enter their 20th season and there is a reason for that: it's a awesome show!

Simpsons is okay. And the fact that the Simpsons has 20 seasons is evidence to the merit of the show. However, I don't see how it's evidence against the merit of South Park. Like Simpsons is for Fox, South Park is the flagship program of Comedy Central (or at least the flagship cartoon).

Just like the Simpsons, I'm sure South Park will be on the air until they decide to quit--Comedy Central ain't giving them up any time soon.

Whatever, and to Viktorguy, The Simpsons definitely doesn't suck. :mrgreen:
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 29, 2008 6:35 pm Offline
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 pm51
You can't be serious. The Simpsons has been horrible beyond comprehension for the past half-decade at least. It used to be excellent, but now everyone has fallen completely of character, and the show's jokes are basically all terrible puns and awful attempts at Family Guy-style humor backed by a less than substantial plot.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 29, 2008 7:33 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
GotACoolName wrote:
You can't be serious. The Simpsons has been horrible beyond comprehension for the past half-decade at least. It used to be excellent, but now everyone has fallen completely of character, and the show's jokes are basically all terrible puns and awful attempts at Family Guy-style humor backed by a less than substantial plot.

Someone must be watching it. 20 seasons dude.

I mean, 20 f***ing seasons.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 29, 2008 8:36 pm Offline
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:37 am261The grand capital of MI, Detroit
Viktorguy, kinda wrote:

after they grossed like, 400 million dollers on there movie(over that amount), i think theyre writing has gotten slightly lame... probably just the increased num of poeple means larger variety of ages=restrictions on actions... can't be sure

btw, (DON'T ASK) Kensuki i can so tell you are in collage and that you watch anime, pre-teen instinct :|
C? care about your feelings just as much u do mine. :P
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 30, 2008 12:11 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
If y'all don't mind, take this discussion elsewhere. This thread is about Super Fun Time, after all.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 30, 2008 4:28 am Offline
Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:03 pm112
And how much it sucked. :roll:
Let's fighting love!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 30, 2008 4:41 am Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
A Little Overboard wrote:
Viktorguy, kinda wrote:

after they grossed like, 400 million dollers on there movie(over that amount), i think theyre writing has gotten slightly lame... probably just the increased num of poeple means larger variety of ages=restrictions on actions... can't be sure

btw, (DON'T ASK) Kensuki i can so tell you are in collage and that you watch anime, pre-teen instinct :|

I'm not in college and I hate anime. I got the name Kensuke from the episode 'Good times with weapons'. It was Kenny's ninja name. As for super fun time, I give it a 8/10, to get back on discussion. THEY KILLED MAH PAR!!!!
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 30, 2008 9:03 am Offline
Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:30 am7Baden, Austria
well because of me living in gmt +1, about 8 hours later than you i cant answer immediately, so....the simpsons are many years older than so thats why they have more seasons and they have many writers so they've been able to make more episodes. the lsat episode (the one with the cow being slaughtered) i didn't laugh once, the one before (with the dixie chicks(they suck)) i laughed trice. since about the 15th season its boring bullsh*t. i laughed about 5 times during the last episode of south park and a few times before, though south park isn't as good, funny and cheap looking as it once was
I am austrian, that means i gotta be 16 to be able to buy alcohol, I'm 14 and I drink anyway. HAHAHA you gotta wait until you're 21 HAHAHA

Sort by  
Page 11 of 14 210 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next