Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 14 209 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 9:44 pm Offline
Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:32 pm6
This was a good episode; I really enjoyed it like the last episode "Over Logging." I loved seeing Stan and Wendy back together again. The parts with Cartman and Butters were really good, too. It was so funny seeing them hang from the traffic light and Butters not wanting to let go because he wouldn't break the rules. Good fun!!

A really great scene was when Stan decided that he had to do something to stop the situation and told Wendy not to look. That was a cliff hanger! I was thinking, "what's he gonna do?!"

We remember Stan saying in the beginning that he didn't want to act in character because he didn't want to look stupid in front of Wendy. It was cute how he was acting brave by playing in character to save everyone, and Wendy even said that he was brave to do that, although she mentioned that he "did look like a dork" (I'm not sure if these were the EXACT WORDS but I'm pretty sure it's close).

Stan seems to have matured a lot. He wasn't nervous at all with Wendy when he was holding her hand. I thought that was so adorable :) It looks like their relationship is going to evolve. We all remember in "Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls" how he threw up all over the guy in front of them in the theater when she grabbed his hand.

Well, in a nutshell, my hope for Stan and Wendy to officially get back together has become a reality. It'll be interesting to see what's in store for the future for South Park with this relationship back in place.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:10 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
I laughed harder at this ep than any of the others so far this season, even more than "Canada on Strike."

I'm guessing there was a movie reference while Cartman and Butters were hand-in-hand. That would be "The Defiant Ones," right?

(That was a movie with Sidney Poitier and Tony Curtis handcuffed together--1958)

As always, Butters was a riot. His attempt to punch Cartman while sobbing like an angry girlfriend was hilarious, and his determination to not let go was funny as hell, like he's trying to develop more courage. And what a grip he's got!

But what really got me howling was how the bad guys robbed the Burger King, and the guy wanting his "cut" was checking his Whopper to see if he has all his fixings! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

One of the best I've seen in a while. 11/10!

My top eps of S12:

1. Super Fun Time
2. Canada on Strike
3. Major Boobage
4. Over Logging
5. Tonsil Trouble
6. Eek! A Penis!
7. Britney's New Look
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:22 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
kfgg wrote:
The whole thing reminds me of Follow That Egg except in reverse.

1. Stan just goes with Wendy. No assignment from Garrison.

Good observation.

Personally, i saw it that Garrison would 'let' Stan/Wendy pair because he's a guy now. Mr. Garrison flipped on Stan in "D-yikes" and was acting sexist in his woman form, so who knows, maybe he wanted to keep Stan/Wendy seperate in "Follow that egg".

So basically, I saw Mr. Garrison letting Stan/Wendy pair up because he's a guy (again) and knowing Garrison, he'd encourage the boys to work with the girls...

anyways, since were giving episode rankings:

1. Summer Fun Time
2. Major Boobage
3. Canada on Strike
4. Overlogging
5. Tonsil Trouble
6. Britney's New Look
7. Eek, A Penis!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:26 pm Offline
Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:02 am3545New England
My Voting this year:

1. Major Boobage
2. Super Pun Tyme
3. Eek, A Penis
4. Tonsil Trouble
5. Canada on Strike
6. Over Logging
7. Brittney's New Look

P.S: Trey and Matt kinda killed off Pip last season after "The Snuke".
(He never said goodbye, they just wrote him off unofically).

See ya in October :D
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:29 pm Offline
Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:05 am2australia
That was as bad as "Brittany's new look"

My list is
Major Boobage
Canada on Strike
Over Logging
Tonsil Trouble
Super Fun Time
Eek a Penis
Brittany's New Look
Last edited by tj styles1 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:31 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
Oh yeah, trend-following:

1. Major Boobage
2. Super Fun Time
3. Tonsil Trouble
4. Canada on Strike
5. Over Logging
6. Eek, a Penis!
7. Britney's New Look

Ok, I promise this is my last post on this thread. :P
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:47 pm Offline
Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:49 am23Everywhere
It was awesome, why does everyone keep complaining about not killing Kenny? They CAN'T kill Kenny in this episode because a terrorist takeover is too fitting a situation. Once they actually SET UP Kenny's impending death, his chance of dying is ruined because his deaths are better when they happen unexpectedly, without any warning beforehand. I would have been disappointed had they actually killed him.

And it's nice that they're using the phrase 'Jesus Christ monkeyballs' more.

NO YOU FABRIC
Last edited by ~McBob on Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:48 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:18 pm180the American prairie
That was a really good episode. Everything in it was great.

There were only a few things i didn't quite get. Like why Kyle paired with Jimmy. I mean Kenny is more of a friend to Kyle than Jimmy. And why wouldn't Jimmy pair with Timmy, since he's the only one that understands Timmy (and they're best friends.) It was kinda random. It's not like Jimmy did anything except have one antagonizing line.

Pip is still nowhere to be found since the snuke (he was probaby arrested as a spy.) There also seems another head to the police department. What's with officer Barbrady and sergeant Yates? Was it not their shifts or did they get lost or something?
Might I also add that it looks really weird to see Mr. Garrison like a perfectly normal teacher.

There were so many funny and entertaining parts I can't list them. That makes a good episode. Pissed off Butters is so much better than lame Butters. Stan had a role for once! And he didn't throw up with Wendy and he saved the day. Kudos to Stan.

9.7/10
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:53 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
This episode is on the site in case anyone was waiting. :)
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:55 pm Offline
Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:27 am2
Butters is so adorable.
Expected Stan's puking at Wendy again.

Sorry for some Japanese fans with crappy translation scripts by the douche.
They will never ever get this wonderful episode straight. :cry:

MAX!!!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 10:55 pm Offline
Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:27 am2
Butters is so adorable.
Expected Stan's puking at Wendy again.

Sorry for some Japanese fans with crappy translation scripts by the douche.
They will never ever get this wonderful episode straight. :cry:

MAX!!!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 11:05 pm Offline
Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:06 pm42
Great episode, so funny. Butters/Cartman combo works everytime.
Yes, they were made for each other and M&T knows it.
Nice way to end mid-season.
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 11:15 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:11 pm1
Wow - That was fantastic. And as a Denver Native, I love the toss ups.

Pretty sure the Burger King bit was a result of a shootout they had in Denver last fall as the result of a BK robbery.

That and I'm still trying to figure out if theres a Pioneer town on Kipling :p

Seriously, 8.5/10 - Good times!
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 11:20 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Pioneer Village, that is.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1207: Super Fun Time* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 23, 2008 11:24 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
First half of season 12 was ok. I have OCD and some things really get to me which is why 1207 messed me up. But I got through 1114. This was a bit harder but I know if I can laugh at my mom's mirror taped to the car while taking a midnight drive to pick my sister up I should be able to make it through this one.

Pretty much all of the 2nd half of season 11 and season 12 so far helped me get 1009 out of my system. That really f*cked us up over here. In November 2007 we took a Greyhound and transfered at the Chicago bus station and I was still so messed up about what happened over a year before that I went and took a piss on the toilet seat on purpose because of it. I was never the same after 1009 and I really wish I could go back to being the same sort of in the way South Park keeps going backwards (Mr. Garrison becoming a man again, etc)

I hope and pray I'll be able to keep going thru the second half of 12 and beyond.

Sorry if what I'm saying seems weird but hey, thats pretty much me.
Stan and Kyle :)

Sort by  
Page 3 of 14 209 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next