Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 24 of 26 378 posts Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am Offline
Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:58 pm2
Lol, I thought the episode was great, and they were using scenes from The Accused and Deliverance. I almost died laughing when they found Lucas and Spielberg raping the storm trooper. XDD
When Cartman says
"I'd rather be Chinese than a nation of unethical dick shooters."
I laughed even more. I don't know why some people hated this episode, I thought it was the good old disturbing south park comedy we're use to.
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 16, 2008 4:49 pm Offline
Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am287Glasgow, Scotland
loveable rascal wrote:
superiorsavior wrote:
Quote:
many other jews were

Can you name some of these nurotic freaks who are offended by Jewish people being on TV, or do they only exist in your head? Even if this episode was being offensive to jews, it's not the first offensive thing they've ever said, this is South Park, and if the Jews could laugh at Bloody Mary they bloody better take this with a smile unless they want to join Issac Haays in Hypocrit camp. Not that these people actually exist, like most offended minority groups it's the tollerence crazed hippies who think they know what it is to be a jew BETTER than Jewish people themselves do who get offended.

Of all the things to find offensive in this episode.... why do they need to go invent something?

whatever.

Stop being so juvenile.

South Park will always be offensive to somebody - somewhere. Jews find this offensive, blacks find this offensive... yadda yadda and so forth. But you know why people like it? It's because usually, the satire and references are handled with such delicacy that there's always a message in them. Take the anti-semitism showed by Cartman - not ONCE has a character agreed with Cartman; they hate him for it, think he's an assh*le and Cartman eventually ends up on the losing side. There's never really been a moment in South Park where I thought they handled something in a manner that a character who has controversial opinions or manners in a positive light - they sh*t on these people. As lame as this sounds, South Park actually has moral lessons besides normal comedy (such as the N word episode - how white people will never know how it feels for a black person to be called that slur, therefore showing the impact of that word).

Usually, the 'controversy' that surrounds it goes away after a while because people defend it and justify their reasons for doing so, that it's all in the name of comedy and each subject is handled sensitively so that it isn't downright racist or offensive to everybody, just a small number of people who cant take jokes or are very sensitive. Also, comedy is the right to joke about everything without any discrimination which is why they did Cartoon Wars.

Which is why this latest 'controversy' over this episode will fade away - because, in the end, it won't catch on. Just doesn't have the steam.
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 17, 2008 8:28 pm Offline
Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:19 pm1Ontario, Canada.
Hi,

Strangely today was the first time I saw this episode... over a week since it was originally aired. Damn Canadian time slots.... Anyway, I actually loved this episode for the stinging commentary on the latest Indiana Jones film. I didn't hate it but I was disappointed. It did not spoil or "rape" my nostalgic moments of the first three films. I enjoyed this episode despite the graphic nature and I am a FAN of both Steven Spielberg and George Lucas (hell I even liked the Star Wars prequels). Yet I still enjoyed it nonetheless for it's comedic timing and awesome script.

My only complaint with the episode was that it did not tie the two plots together. These plot ideas would have probably been better used had they been their own episodes. I agree with an earlier poster that the two plots could have come together at the end with Butters "accidentally" shooting Spielberg and Lucas in the dick. That would have made for a good ending. I was also expecting Lu Kim to show up but instead they are continuing to lampoon P.F. Changs instead of City Wok.

All and all an enjoyable episode. Not their best but not bad or stale. 3.5 out of 5.
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 18, 2008 12:28 am Offline
Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:21 am9
This episode was absolutely terrible at best. I knew the episodes were declining when last season was nothing but movie parodies but this made me die a little inside. Seriously? Even the Breast Cancer episode was mediocre at best. This made me consider switching back to Family Guy as being my favorite show. I'm not angry...I'm sad.
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 18, 2008 2:01 am Offline
Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:57 pm15
Where is comic-book guy when we need him? "Worst episode ever." The sp guys had a pertinent subject(s), american paranoia over china's climb from horrible poverty to somewhat less poverty, and the weird attitudes that permeate uaa culture ( "a rich china would be our enemy, as opposed to being a valued trading partner") . Instead of tackling these targets, the lads decided to focus on... retarded people who can't differentiate reality from movie-dom.! Yes, i know these people exist in great numbers. However, for the sake of civilization, we cannot focus on the lowest common denominator. Americans are largely retarded; i mean, ya voted for bushII twice. That much is obvious. However, there is no reason to cater to this state of imbecility... (is obama any different? let's hope so....) cheers, wally
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 19, 2008 2:10 am Offline
Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:57 am2
jacquesmoran wrote:
Where is comic-book guy when we need him? "Worst episode ever." The sp guys had a pertinent subject(s), american paranoia over china's climb from horrible poverty to somewhat less poverty, and the weird attitudes that permeate uaa culture ( "a rich china would be our enemy, as opposed to being a valued trading partner") . Instead of tackling these targets, the lads decided to focus on... retarded people who can't differentiate reality from movie-dom.! Yes, i know these people exist in great numbers. However, for the sake of civilization, we cannot focus on the lowest common denominator. Americans are largely retarded; i mean, ya voted for bushII twice. That much is obvious. However, there is no reason to cater to this state of imbecility... (is obama any different? let's hope so....) cheers, wally

... wel it cant be worse then bush can it ... i'm european and i like southpark .. alot :p
i thought this episode was pretty good especialy becous i aslo thought wen i saw the new indiana jones " WTF " !!!!
so i'm glad they gave that litle hint :p also i think if they dont get sued for letting those two rape like that ... wel that would be special .. i would sue em :p
anyway the shooting in the dick was a realy funny part to :p herro prease !!!
:assface:
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 19, 2008 11:36 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:53 am11
This episode was so funny. The new Indiana Jones movie was pretty bad.
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 19, 2008 2:21 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
Quote:
The sp guys had a pertinent subject(s)
Which is why it was so dissapointing that they failed to adress the issue, thusfar under-represented in comedy. If they're going to make a political message, might as well make a good one, about a topic people like to keep quiet about, rather than just take the easy option of tackling.... an issue that doesn't really exist.

The absence of South Park's resident chineese was another blow for the show's regular cast of charactars.

Quote:
this latest 'controversy' over this episode will fade away - because, in the end, it won't catch on

Unlike the real contraversy of it just not being a very funny episode :(
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 20, 2008 8:08 pm Offline
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:53 pm1
haha funny stormtrooper at the end. wat a bitch lol :lol:
I can't view this episode! plz help! PostThu Oct 23, 2008 3:18 am Offline
Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:57 am1
Hello,

I really want to watch this episode! But there's something wrong. Each time I try to watch it'll say:

Due to pre-existing Contractual Obligations, we cannot stream this episode until

And sinds it is 23.10.08 I really don't get why I can't watch it :(

Please help me :(
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 23, 2008 3:23 am Offline
Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:25 pm22Palmer,MI
It can't be watched on here. Try googling it or Itunes has it for like $2 or something.
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 24, 2008 4:57 am Offline
Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:28 am34
After the last run kicked off with the dreadful Tonsil Trouble and ended with the rather weak Super Fun Time, I was understandably pessimistic for South Park's return. But The China Probrem is actually rather good and is a really hopeful way to kick off the run. OK, the China stuff was a bit strange, and the Indiana stuff was even more bizzare, but at least it was funny and a fairly enjoyable episode overall.

7.5/10
You know Jews are people too! Smaller, more insignificant people.
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 03, 2008 7:01 pm Offline
Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:10 am3
Screw the contract. Stream it. STREEEEAAAAAAM!
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 09, 2008 10:10 am Offline
Thu May 29, 2008 5:01 pm5
has to be one of my top 10 favorite episodes couldnt wait til 11/08
to veiw it again that last rape seen was pricelist "squeel like a pig,kneel down on them brigdes yes sir"hahahahaha. Eric and Butters dressed as chinese never seen before Butters look was great. This episode is a classic.
Re: *1208: The China Probrem* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 09, 2008 1:09 pm Offline
Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:01 am12
it was great at the begining then it was pretty good towards the end :D :lol: :D :) :| :|

Sort by  
Page 24 of 26 378 posts Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next