Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 23 of 24 359 posts Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Dec 30, 2008 11:24 pm Offline
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:19 pm1
Hey does anyone know the name of the song at the end when he looks at the picture of the kid after he kills the general dude?
THX!!
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jan 07, 2009 7:29 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
I don't know but i like it very much.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jan 28, 2009 9:51 pm Offline
Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:59 pm5
Somehow I knew SP would make a play on Cloverfield. XD
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Feb 19, 2009 9:52 pm Offline
Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm1
That was very funny. I laughed a lot bcause I am from Peru carajo.

oɾɐɹɐɔ nɹǝd ןǝ ɐʌıʌ
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Feb 22, 2009 8:09 pm Offline
Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:48 pm5
SLBPanda wrote:
lame

its not lame you but.=(
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Feb 22, 2009 8:15 pm Offline
nhdave wrote:
20 minutes in, haven't laughed once. Lame premises (Peruvian flute bands??? Randy shooting videos?). The commercials are funnier than the show.

Dude i was pissing my pants when that was on.
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Feb 22, 2009 8:16 pm Offline
sk8r4life777 wrote:
Hey does anyone know the name of the song at the end when he looks at the picture of the kid after he kills the general dude?
THX!!

no one knows what its called its a paroven flute band song
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 pm Offline
Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:24 pm3
not all pan flute bands are from peru, some are from ecuador, and bolivia. it also would have been cool if they spoke a little bit in quechua the inca language. that would have been a shock to hear eric cartman speak in quechua instead of spanish. :gothstan:
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 10, 2009 10:06 pm Offline
Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:24 pm3
to syll, not all of the pan flute bands are peruvian some are bolivian and some are ecuadorian, and they are making fun of the fact that you find them in all the tourist spots, when i went to italy they were in milan, venice, when i went to spain they were in madrid, bilbao, barcelona, they were in austria, i went to hawaii and they were also there, playing their music that comes from the andes. and the guinea pig is a typical thing they eat in the andes. they eat guinea pigs a lot in peru, ecuador, etc, all the andes eat a lot of guinea pig. i think thats why they put guinea pigs in the show.

Syll wrote:
[RANT - THIS IS TL;DR, TEXT WALL MATERIAL LIKE THE COMMENT ABOVE ME]

hellohelloHELLO

Let's just think here for a moment.

Peruvian Flute Bands = Terrorists, WMDs, etc.
Homeland Security flatout mimicking the US' handle of current events; leader taking matters into their own hands and controlling the military during press conference to fulfill 'our obligation as a democracy and what our country stands for blahblahblah foreign affairs' (US = now polar opposite of isolationists we should/could be)
Arresting all of them. (arresting suspected terrorists)
Holding them against their will. (explicitly in G.Bay, just like in real life)
Taking out where they came from; "stopped at the source". (whole idea behind the War in the Middle East)
"Isn't that a little extreme?" (American population's general feeling at the moment)

I mean sure, there's the obvious parody of Cloverfield in here, but did you notice what's attacking?
Guinea pigs. (aka, what the American people are seen as during false flag operations such as 9/11)

In the end, the Homeland leader is told about the situation, turns out he knew all along.. (he planned it, duh), he then kills the one who knew too much.. (silencing/hushing of people speaking out against 9/11, maybe?)

Maybe I'm crazy and it's all mere coincidence, or South Park has been taking advantage of their voice as a popular show as a soapbox to start a conversation about current troubling events (obviously - they've even admitted they get preachy and are 'up their own ass' with messages)

I skimmed the first few pages of this thread only to find "funny quote" and "not funny anymore but I still watch", and I just hope I'm not the only one to notice their (what should be) obvious parody on WHAT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IN REALITY LOL

...and it's funny how they know how to laugh at themselves now and again. (Craig attacking the whole premise and absurdity of the show's plots)

Sorry if actual discussion isn't welcome here, this is my first post.
[/RANT]

Kenny should have died and I wish someone would respect Cartman's 'ah-thor-a-tay' more often.
I'd love 12 seasons of running gags.
:zombiekenny:
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostMon May 04, 2009 5:49 pm Offline
Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:35 pm36
And now we really do have a pandemic
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostSun May 17, 2009 2:22 am Offline
Sun May 17, 2009 2:15 am1
Actually it really looks like a Clover field parody,with the camera and giant monster.
The only thing is that in Clover Field there were no "protectors",a "key to save everyone" and it wasn't operated by a human.Idk then,maybe it laughs on another movie.
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostSun May 17, 2009 12:14 pm Offline
Sun May 17, 2009 11:47 am4
pandemic and pandemic 2 are my favorite episodes because its funny and i like randys camera and the guniea pigs :D :
Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion PostSat May 23, 2009 12:49 am Offline
Sat May 23, 2009 12:42 am1
DuDe! i LivE iN pErU...nOt fUn aT aLL, BuT i sTiLL LuV SP
WhY cAn i Do?? :roll:
this show PostSun Oct 25, 2009 11:02 am Offline
Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:11 pm1
has really shown me that it can drive through a good 20 minutes without really making me laugh, and im still enjoying the hell out of it. its a giant portrait on so many things that occur right in front of us on a daily basis, and exaggerates in a relatable translation with ridiculous characters. in essence, the one thing this show did right that other shows, like family guy, failed to deliver on was making your audience love the characters and understand them. you can only have a show induce heart-attack level laughter for so long, without having to eventually rely on your characters and how much youve built into them
PostSun Aug 22, 2010 11:22 am Offline
Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:59 pm0
Im...so...startled...

Sort by  
Page 23 of 24 359 posts Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next