Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 15 of 21 302 posts Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 31, 2008 10:50 pm Offline
Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:43 pm15
[quote="CHEL BEAN"]Part of what makes South Park the show that it is today is the complete randomness. DUH. Crab People? Gamera? Mothra? Manbearpig?

They raped Indiana and then reaped it again.
It must be something personal. Like with Bono.
Part of growing up is to become more complex.
I feel that this show looses it's integrity a little trying to get to a higher level. It is like Rodney Dangerfield's humor - clever but doesn't cause uncontrolled laughter (with all due respect). But we still love it, even boring, just the way we like it.

They also killed my avatar. Bastards.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 01, 2008 1:20 am Offline
Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:28 am34
If you think about it, Pandemic is pretty much Puppies Close Up With A Wide Angle Lens. Except with Guinea pigs. It's boring and predictable yet people will love it and say Craig is a genious.
You know Jews are people too! Smaller, more insignificant people.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 01, 2008 6:31 am Offline
Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:20 am1
I liked the pandemic episodes. They were funny. I didn't like creg though. It's more fun when it's just Cartman, kenny, kyle and stan.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 01, 2008 8:50 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
Quote:
It's boring and predictable yet people will love it and say Craig is a genious.

Did I mention I was high on cough syrup when I watched this :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 01, 2008 2:06 pm Offline
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 pm51
Dragonskin wrote:
I liked the pandemic episodes. They were funny. I didn't like creg though. It's more fun when it's just Cartman, kenny, kyle and stan.

Still way goddamn better than Cartman and Butters.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:24 pm1
Craig is a dick, huh?
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 01, 2008 7:14 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:26 pm28
Both pandemic episode were pretty crappy. At first it seemed good, but I watched it again and it seemed lame. Craig is boring, and just seemed too much as a depressed douche bag. At least the original four were used, and yes, it is better than Cartman and Butters (even though it can be funny, they are starting to overuse it); I also liked Butters out of the spotlight (I hate it when he hogs the spotlight too much).

The guinea pigs (especially in retarded costumes and people being so stupid about thinking they are different creatures) were awful and really half-assed, as well as the pan-flute bands. And why the hell would the government be overly concerned about pan-flute bands? That was terrible, and is now on my worst episode list (Pip, Stanley's Cup, A Million Little FIbers, Britney's New Look, Overlogging, and now Pandemic/Pandemic 2: The Startling).

Randy is normally funny, but him with the camera was above overdoing and wasn't funny anymore.

They really need to stop with the overdramatic people (all of them are sheep) panicking over something retarded (mass panicing because of no Internet; lame) otherwise they're gonna turn into Disney Channel.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 01, 2008 7:26 pm Offline
Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:15 pm37Canada
CartmanSlayer wrote:
Both pandemic episode were pretty crappy. At first it seemed good, but I watched it again and it seemed lame. Craig is boring, and just seemed too much as a depressed douche bag. At least the original four were used, and yes, it is better than Cartman and Butters (even though it can be funny, they are starting to overuse it); I also liked Butters out of the spotlight (I hate it when he hogs the spotlight too much).

The guinea pigs (especially in retarded costumes and people being so stupid about thinking they are different creatures) were awful and really half-assed, as well as the pan-flute bands. And why the hell would the government be overly concerned about pan-flute bands? That was terrible, and is now on my worst episode list (Pip, Stanley's Cup, A Million Little FIbers, Britney's New Look, Overlogging, and now Pandemic/Pandemic 2: The Startling).

Randy is normally funny, but him with the camera was above overdoing and wasn't funny anymore.

They really need to stop with the overdramatic people (all of them are sheep) panicking over something retarded (mass panicing because of no Internet; lame) otherwise they're gonna turn into Disney Channel.

I agree with everything you have just stated. These 2 episodes have been anything but fun. The Cloverfield thing is boring. I didn't even chuckle.

Craig is just annoying, I hope there is a point to all of this. Sure it was fun to see him criticize the guys for a short while but he has been doing it for a major part of it and it's so lame.

I'm surprised that even Cartman put up with Craig, the Cartman I know would have shut the guy up...
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 02, 2008 4:09 am Offline
Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:45 am5
I liked it well enough, better than Part 1. Randy's idiotic pointless camera moves being called out and Craig's coup de grace were the best jokes (and a nice payoff for us tolerating Craig.)

Butters is really the only character I "care" about. If Butters died, I would be very sad and angry. All the other characters are more like masks Trey and Matt wear and talk through.

"South Park" seems to be digging for subject matter and plot - ribbing your own predictability is a way to squeeze more minutes into an episode. I mean, 12 seasons, whatareyagonnado? I've sometimes wondered if I could write an entertaining 22-minute script; I know many SP episodes verbatim. It sounds absurdly difficult. Maybe clip shows or more shows like Pip or a stylistic theme like a B&W film noir or something.

BTW, Pip is a good episode (though the voice work is annoying, I'll concede). The best episode is Woodland Critter Christmas, IMO. The worst is probably something like A Million Little Fibers, though I'm not sure and don't really feel like arguing.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 02, 2008 10:40 am Offline
Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:04 pm2
Pandemic 1 & 2 = Boring + Unfunny :( Yaawwwn :(
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 02, 2008 4:52 pm Offline
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:48 pm1
The Player for Pandemic 2 is totally broken, I can't see sh*t there and it doesn't play the episode :(
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 02, 2008 8:43 pm Offline
Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:19 am114
Zeis wrote:
The Player for Pandemic 2 is totally broken, I can't see sh*t there and it doesn't play the episode :(

Mine does. :assface:
I've watched this episode at least 6 times now and it never gets old.
Last edited by cartman04 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 02, 2008 8:56 pm Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:04 pm16
not their best stuff but not bad. to each his own i guess.
Stand tall and rock the heavens!
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 02, 2008 9:15 pm Offline
Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:08 pm1
For the first time in a really really long time. south park has not made me laugh. i really hope they dont do a third pandemic. this episode wasnt terrible but it wasnt at all funny or good
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 02, 2008 10:04 pm Offline
Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:46 pm1
there WILL have to be a part 3.

Sort by  
Page 15 of 21 302 posts Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next