Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 21 301 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:14 pm Offline
Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:04 pm4
im starting to think that south park should be canceled. the quality of the episodes has seriously declined in the last few seasons. when a terrible episode called imagination land can win an emmy, i die a little inside. and, even though south park has never had a good multi-episode arc, parker and stone keep cranking them out. pandemic is just plain awful. making fun of cloverfield is unnecessary. that movie is so bad, its kinda funny in itself. south park is funny when stupid things happen to the -boys, not in a plot-strong story arc. matt and trey just need to move on to bigger and better things at this point. this show is just being run into the ground.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:19 pm Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:44 pm102
jamiep319 wrote:
im starting to think that south park should be canceled. the quality of the episodes has seriously declined in the last few seasons. when a terrible episode called imagination land can win an emmy, i die a little inside. and, even though south park has never had a good multi-episode arc, parker and stone keep cranking them out. pandemic is just plain awful. making fun of cloverfield is unnecessary. that movie is so bad, its kinda funny in itself. south park is funny when stupid things happen to the -boys, not in a plot-strong story arc. matt and trey just need to move on to bigger and better things at this point. this show is just being run into the ground.

you didn't like Imaginationland? what is wrong with you? South Park should be canceled? I think you should be canceled!!! This season had a lot of fantastic episodes, just watch "Breast Cancer Show Ever" again, it was brilliant. I think you are one of those Family Guy fans, you should forget that this site exists and go away!
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm Offline
Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:33 pm14Coldwater, Ohio
Finally! this page is working!

As for the episode: awesome! Maybe not the greatest, but still very very good! It's one of the few (including last week's) that my wife is willing to watch because she loves Guinea pigs!

Three-parter? Hard to say actually. The cliffhanger isn't as intense as last week, but is still relevant. It seemed like Craig closed it up with his final monologue, but then again, I still feel this storyline lacks some closure. But they could just leave this Pandemic thing alone for now and then randomly throw in a third part to it in the middle of Season 13 when we would least expect it.

I like how Craig finally began to avoid conflict. In a way, it could kind of be a message to all those people who hate it when the boys get involved with big crises and bring the military and such into the story. I mean, it's good when T and M can keep things simple with "common people" plots, but it doesn't mean they have to abolish the big plots altogether. It helps keeps things interesting and fresh.

I like the irony of Craig's apathy being the key to the antagonist's defeat, too. That was clever.

Randy was hilarious, as usual! Probably my favorite character... "Ah! I didn't have a tape in it!"

So, my rating of this ep comprehensive to last week's:
4/5 cheesy poofs! (this may change if it does turn out to be another trilogy.)
Fingerbang.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm230Mecca
luke4215 wrote:
I don't see why a lot of people make a big deal out of the new South Parks. The new season, I think, is for the most part very funny. Everyone says that South Park has 'lost its way' and isn't as good as the first seasons.

I'll probably get hammered for saying this, but I don't think the first South Parks were that funny. It was just a few kids calling eachother dildos all the time, with some gay plotlines.

I like how Matt and Trey intertwine real-world events with their South Park episodes. Maybe it's because I didn't really start watching till about season 7 or 8, or maybe it's just my sense of humor, but I would choose an episode to watch out of the new season than an episode from season 1-2 or 3 any day.

Keep up the Good work guys.

For the most part I agree. The first few seasons aren't among my favorites by far. They are funny in their own way, but if you watch an episode from each season you can easily see the humor change.

Unlike some people though, I don't think it's a bad thing. My favorite seasons are seasons 5 and 11, I don't tend to distinquish between 'new' and 'old' South Park, it's all South Park to me and I like some episodes and I don't like others.

Overall though? South Park is awesome even if it isn't always the funniest thing in the history of the world. I don't expect it to be, I just expect it to make me laugh a few times and it never fails to, to be honest.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm Offline
Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:43 am5
jamiep319 wrote:

....You're a towel
Favorite Character: Randy Marsh, Butters

"BAH!!"
"What is it Randy?!"
"Nothing... Just startled myself... BAH!!"
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:26 pm Offline
erzhik wrote:
jamiep319 wrote:

you didn't like Imaginationland? what is wrong with you? South Park should be canceled? I think you should be canceled!!! This season had a lot of fantastic episodes, just watch "Breast Cancer Show Ever" again, it was brilliant. I think you are one of those Family Guy fans, you should forget that this site exists and go away!

i dont watch family guy anymore. it hasnt been funny in years.

i have to agree with you on breast cancer show. its that kind of humor that has kept me watching.

and please, explain to me what was funny about imaginationland. those episodes got too caught up in their own, retarded plot. it would have been funny if it had been one or two episodes. but three? thats almost half of the episodes. south park is only on for seven weeks at a time, and i dont want to spend 3 of them not laughing.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:28 pm Offline
luke4215 wrote:

....You're a towel

see, thats the kind of humor that i miss. towlie is one of the best parts of the show (except for million little fibers)

and you're a towel
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:31 pm Offline
Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:43 am5
jamiep319 wrote:
luke4215 wrote:

....You're a towel

see, thats the kind of humor that i miss. towlie is one of the best parts of the show (except for million little fibers)

and you're a towel

No sir, I believe you are the towel here... lol

And why can't you be a hybrid like me? I love the new episodes. I love the medium episodes. And I love the old episodes (though less on the love). All of South Park is great. Plus, I don't emit a smug cloud :D
Favorite Character: Randy Marsh, Butters

"BAH!!"
"What is it Randy?!"
"Nothing... Just startled myself... BAH!!"
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:37 pm Offline
luke4215 wrote:
No sir, I believe you are the towel here... lol

And why can't you be a hybrid like me? I love the new episodes. I love the medium episodes. And I love the old episodes (though less on the love). All of South Park is great. Plus, I don't emit a smug cloud :D

lol indeed.

i disagree with you on the old episodes. mocking current events is funny, but something about an episode called "an elephant f*cks a pig" just makes me laugh more than a cloverfield spoof. the new episodes just don't have the comedic standard of the early ones.

and you're right, i think my smug cloud came near george cloony's
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:43 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I doubt there'll be a third half of "Pandemic". :D
Oh, and Guinea Pigs dressed up in costumes; there's your Halloween tie in.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:46 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm230Mecca
BRMBug wrote:
I doubt there'll be a third half of "Pandemic". :D
Oh, and Guinea Pigs dressed up in costumes; there's your Halloween tie in.

A third half?
Like the three halfs of ManBearPig?
8D
Yeah, and it was a spoof on Cloverfield which was a monster movie which is sort of Halloween-ish...maybe?
Well, that's how I saw it, at least.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:54 pm Offline
Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:43 am4
cant wait !!! :wink:
DO NOT KILL KENNY!
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 8:57 pm Offline
Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:43 pm1
couldn't stop laughing when Randy found out he didn't have a tape in... good show......needed more butters.

my sign says randy 4 prez...nuts to the giant turd and the big douche running now.
Last edited by randy4president on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 9:00 pm Offline
Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:34 pm24
Hahaha that episode rocked!

Can't figure out the new avatar thing, oh well.

The Guinea Pigs were just, and I hate using this word because everyone else does, and now anything can be it so its kinda worthless, but trust me when I say I use it genuinely as a compliment... brilliant.

Definitely you guys just want to have more fun with it. And I can't blame you. Why the hell do you have to make "sharp, revolutionary TV" all the time, thats what people expect from you. Don't give in, have fun doing your thing.

I really loved this episode, its definitely my second favourite of the run. You made Craig interesting, and you actually didn't just follow the generic big 24/Heroes kinda drama in the conventional way... I loved the surprise use of the Clyde V.O and them just leaving their big adventure... that was very appropriate.
And the BEEES!! And Pirate!!

And Here in My Car does as a pan flute band is really great. I really hope you guys use the full version of it in the DVD credits.

But for sure you guys are in your new phase of the show, and I really like it. The history books will say it sucked more than season 1-4, 5-9, 10-11, but f*ck history books.
Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 29, 2008 9:36 pm Offline
Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:52 pm25
I'm kinda wondering... Did Stan's parents even notice he was gone?

btw.. excellent episode.. 8/10

Sort by  
Page 3 of 21 301 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next