Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 7 102 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 2:12 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
They're both bad choices tbh. We're going to be screwed either way. I can't wait for this epi, it's long overdue!
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 3:05 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
Quote:
Storylines without the boys

They havn't given enough away to say that the boys won't have at least some role in this...

Quote:
I'm totally expecting someone beside Obama or McCain to be in the White House

Bush? Hillary? Maybe even one of the show's recuring cast? Mr Kitty perhaps?

Quote:
The title is "About Last Night...".

It's pretty obvious that it's going to be about that which means it probably won't be, you know how matt and trey are with predictability. But if it is about that, weather this'll be good or not depends how they use it. If they make it into a romantic drama and forget completely about the whole them being presidential candidates thing until maybe right at the end if that it'd be unexpected and so probably funny. If they make this a soap box to say that the policies of the democrats and the republicans are 'sleeping together' in the metaphorical sense, it could distract the show from being funny unless it's subtly masked and subtlty isn't M and T's no. 1 thing.

Quote:
Palin

How about having no Palin, becuase she's such an easy targer? Or perhaps have Lianne appointed the Republican vice president as a stand in for her :p

Quote:
it's getting old.

Was that Pun Intended :lol:
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 3:45 pm Offline
Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:21 pm3
I can't wait for this! This is the first one with McCain in it, they've drawn Obama once, though, I think, on Britney's New Look, in the beginning. Anyway, PLEASE have Stan, or Kyle, or Kenny in this, kind of sick of Cartman hogging the spotlight so far in the second half of the season :unhoodedkenny:

~Nick
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 5:13 pm Offline
Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:59 pm19
griffyfan wrote:
I can't wait for this! This is the first one with McCain in it, they've drawn Obama once, though, I think, on Britney's New Look, in the beginning. Anyway, PLEASE have Stan, or Kyle, or Kenny in this, kind of sick of Cartman hogging the spotlight so far in the second half of the season :unhoodedkenny:

~Nick

totally agree. Too. Much. Cartman! :( Stan should be in it more!! But anyways, come on everyone, we knew a presidential episode was inevitable lol :D Hope it lives up to everyones expectations and still manages its funny factor which I know it will :D :D
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 5:24 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm230Mecca
CartmansWhore wrote:
They're both bad choices tbh. We're going to be screwed either way.

Well, a lot of people are saying it's a choice between the lesser of two evils. But that's simply not true, in most states you have the ability to vote for a third party candidate, so if you agree with one of them, you should vote for them. There isn't much of a chance they will win, but if more and more people vote for a third party, well, that's how they become a major party. It's the bad thing about the two-party system we have right now, most people don't realize they have more than two choices.

griffyfan wrote:
Anyway, PLEASE have Stan, or Kyle, or Kenny in this, kind of sick of Cartman hogging the spotlight so far in the second half of the season :unhoodedkenny:

~Nick

Agreed. As much as I love Cartman, and really I do, I don't like how much he's been used. I love when he's more subtly funny, to be honest. His little 'screw you Kahl...' when they were playing the board game in Pandemic was one of my favorite moments from him this season (besides Tonsil Trouble, I really did love him in that). I'm in need of more Kenny, Kyle and Stan, definitely, maybe an episode around Kenny with one of the other two would be nice...
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 7:50 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
dorkjackson wrote:
They don't give much away in the press release this week, do they? I'm not entirely sure about this episode. Storylines without the boys never usually go that well for me, but hopefully the political satire will be funny enough that they're not missed. Oh, and the signs praising the 'Awesomeness' of 'Change' on the 2nd press image are really funny.

:lol:

:lol: reminds me of the dark twisted sarcasm m/t have sometimes. Sth along the lines of "Scott Tennorman" and "Britney's New Look."
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 9:13 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:26 pm28
It obviously has to do with Barack Obama since he won by unanimous vote against John McCain. (333 - 145)

I hope they have Cartman still be a main character. :cartmanhappy:

Besides, they should change the episode thumbnail from Randy (too much Randy on the thumbnails in Season 12) to Barack Obama (since he is our new president).
Last edited by CartmanSlayer on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 9:15 pm Offline
Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:03 pm7
What is SP without good yummy FUNNY AS HELL Art imitating life controversial material like this?

Well I'll tell you.......

not as great... not as great. ;P

Obama baby!

South park makes ya laugh at the stuff that you wouldn't in public ^_^
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 9:25 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm230Mecca
CartmanSlayer wrote:
It obviously has to do with Barack Obama since he won by unanimous vote against John McCain. (297 - 135)

That wouldn't be unanimous, that would just be a majority win. Unanimous would be if Obama has won every single electoral college vote, which is virtually impossible.

Anyway, I wouldn't be so sure that it will be Obama though, although he obviously will be involved somehow because of that press image, it just depends on what part he plays. o:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 pm Offline
whatthejew wrote:
CartmanSlayer wrote:
It obviously has to do with Barack Obama since he won by unanimous vote against John McCain. (333 - 145)

That wouldn't be unanimous, that would just be a majority win. Unanimous would be if Obama has won every single electoral college vote, which is virtually impossible.

Eh, close enough I guess (on the votes)...
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 12:36 am Offline
What's going on with South Park Studios right now? I missed the episode tonight on Comedy Central "AW GODDAMMIT!!" :cartmanangry: , and since I came back here at 11 PM to see it, the episode is not up (BTW I'm in California) for watching, and I really don't know if it aired tonight. What's the deal here?
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 4:41 am Offline
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:28 pm7
Lol. Don't worry. I was a bit 'WTF' when I logged on today but no, the episode hasn't aired yet.

Re: Election. Uhg. I voted McCain and I'm not scared to say that. Obama better not live up to my misgivings and prove me wrong.
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 8:12 am Offline
Sorry about those posts however. My clock systems were screwed up yesterday, and I actually thought yesterday was Wednesday but today is really Wednesday! :timmy:

Wow, that sucked.
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Is anyone else predicting an orgy?
Re: *1212 - About Last Night* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 05, 2008 11:45 am Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2907East Hartford, CT
To those who vote for Obama, you're in luck:

And get this: Colorado has move votes for Obama (53%) than McCain (46%), the same as my home state of Connecticut (Obama 60%, McCain 39%). Only North Carolina has tied, though. :cartmansmile:

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 7 102 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next