Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 12 of 16 238 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 11:22 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
whatthejew wrote:
Rambowl wrote:
What was the name of that piano song playing at the end of the episode where Obama decides to be President after all?

Not going to say for sure, but it sounded like Clair De Lune (the third movement of Suite bergamasque by Claude Debussy) to me.

Oh, go ahead and say it for sure. :) You are correct.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 12:32 pm Offline
Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:08 am17
Loved this episode, never would have guessed that ike would be responsible for the cover up: Great oceans parody. As for the reactions of the voters of both sides, they were not far off base from the reactions of the voters in real life.The plot was masterfully carried out with the introductions of new characters being used to reveal new elements of story. Great job on this episode!
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 12:59 pm Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
Tarasupiterbuts wrote:
as always - since I sleep with all of you every night
great comfort in your message
for the comfortless

haha, I really hope English is not your first language, or that you are very young, because that statement is hilariously garbled. You sound like Borat!

Decent episode, though not great. I did like the crappy catch-phrase "Boom, baby," but I didn't really laugh all that much. I too am tired of the parodies. I have respect for the South Park team for consistently pulling them off well, as that's very difficult to do, but even then, parodies usually aren't all that funny.

Also, I agree with whoever else pointed out how the flaw with the plot was that the means -- a national political race in which both sides spent hundreds of millions of dollars -- do not live up to the end: a big diamond worth 200-million split between twelve people.

I think they should have tried to use the election to distract people while they robbed Fort Knox -- only to find that all the gold bullion there has been sold off by the Federal Reserve.

But then that's not all that funny, though it does serve as a decent analogy for America's current politico-economic state.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 2:13 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:59 pm58
They only made one version of the episode and they said they were going to air it even if Obama lost.
Top 5 Favorite Characters
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
3. Leopold "Butters" Stotch
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 2:43 pm Offline
Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:38 pm3
Love Ocean 11 parody. Sarah Palin British accent was pretty funny, but
where is Joe Biden? :(
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 3:28 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
One of the better episodes of this season. I never saw the 'Oceans' movies; I took the parody at face value and found it funny enough - so many Americans were so passionate about either one candidate or the other, when in reality, they're both in cahoots to fleece the nation (i.e. steal the diamond.)

Ike was great. Randy was awesome; I want to party with him, flip cop cars over and tell my boss off with him :twisted:.

I was a bit surprised to see Principal Victoria and Mr. Mackey on the McCain side; typically those in education are leftists (Mr. Garrison being an obvious exception) and Mackey was against the war in the 100th episode.

The unflattering Palin caricature was funny too. :lol: Good episode, Guys. :mrgreen:
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 4:34 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
The joke that Palin can't really be that stupid as she seems was the best; her transformation into Lara Palin was such a Bond Moment. Supprised that her Alaska accent was so simmilar to Principle Victoria's; is vic supposed to be alaskan?

I've always wanted to see Ike do a bit of candestine secret agent style stuff. And we got moar barbradey!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 4:50 pm Offline
Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:34 pm1
Quote:
Also, I agree with whoever else pointed out how the flaw with the plot was that the means -- a national political race in which both sides spent hundreds of millions of dollars -- do not live up to the end: a big diamond worth 200-million split between twelve people.

I suggest you two look up the word "irony" in a dictionary.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 4:57 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm230Mecca
superiorsavior wrote:
Supprised that her Alaska accent was so simmilar to Principle Victoria's; is vic supposed to be alaskan?

I always thought Principal Victoria had a Minnesotan accent. But now that you mention it, Palin's voice did sound very similiar to Victoria's. The accents might simply be similiar though, I'm not sure. s:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 5:41 pm Offline
Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:08 am17
Aym_Dand wrote:

you forget that both mccain and obama's campaigns were heavily funded by donations. EX: 200 mil of obamas campaign funds came from donations on the internet. McCain did not recieve nearly the amount of contributions that Obama did, thus making his campaign much smaller and less effective. So it is somewhat plausible.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 10:34 pm Offline
Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:28 am34
I laughed 10x more in the first 5 minutes than I did over both Pandemic eps. Some of it was quite cringeworthy, but overall it was surprisingly good and one of the best of the season.

And wtfs up with my avatar?
You know Jews are people too! Smaller, more insignificant people.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 11:02 pm Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:32 pm148
People were talking about it would be cool if they did a thing on 4chan a while ago.
Here's a better idea: An Encyclopedia Dramatica episode. If you don't know what Encyclopedia Dramatica is, look it up.

Anyway, it was a cool episode, 9/10 in my opinion.
Partly because I like how it didn't get too preachy which would be difficult to do in an episode such as this. I also got big laughs out of the Obama supporters because that was pretty much what my (liberal) friends and I were doing the night before. The guy with the Obama sign stuck in his ass was so f*cking awesome :lol: , can't wait to get on iTunes and hear the part where Randy was yelling at his boss uncensored.

It was also AWESOME to see some Barbrady and some Stan and Kyle this season.

Anyway, I want to hear from people on the Encyclopedia Dramatica thing, the episode would bring moar epic lulz than any other and it would instantly make South Park an hero like in the 11th season.
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 07, 2008 11:10 pm Offline
Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:03 pm79New Jersey Respek
I'm still sore that a communist is in office but all in all a wonderful episode.
"I rarely drive steamboats dad. There's a lot of sh*t you don't know about me"
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 08, 2008 1:25 am Offline
Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:10 am43Ohio, USA
It was pretty good, compared with the awful 'Pandemic' arc. :roll:
Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 08, 2008 3:14 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Sntncd wrote:
I suggest you two look up the word "irony" in a dictionary.

"Irony - Noun; Thing like Goldy or Bronzey, only it's made of Iron."

Sort by  
Page 12 of 16 238 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next