Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 8 106 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 10, 2008 11:39 pm Offline
Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:37 am87
Sonic Man78 wrote:
I couldn't have agreed more with the ripping of the High School Musical trilogy. I honestly hate how he madia makes younger audiences think this sort of programming is popular.

I totally know what you mean. I've never cared for "popular" music, let alone campy musicals about teenaged life, or the crappy .mp3's that came with my Android G1 Phone. However, waht I'm really wondering is how this episode is going to play out. I liked last week's and Brest Cancer Show Ever best because of how they played out. I personally like the episodes that focus mostly on the boys and other supporting child characters being kids.
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 am Offline
Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:05 am2
:lol: Well, I know this is gonna be great.............
Can You Just Buzz Off Jeez It's SouthParkRUULES! Don't You Get It?
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 9:02 am Offline
Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:12 pm1158New York, USA
I feel like Stan is about to break into song following that scene in the clip. 'Cause in the original HSM, the main girl (what's her name...Gabriella) starts randomly singing in the hallway (and she's somehow the ONLY person in the school, while everyone else is partying it up outside, for some reason. I don't completely remember) and it's supposed to be a sad song, so maybe Stan will express his feelings in song, too?

That would just be awesome. XDD I'm so damn excited. ><
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 10:26 am Offline
Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm42
Ah, High School Musical, that glorious moment that Disney did something they've been threatening to do for over a decade.

Rape their own A$$hole.

I think it would be hilarious if the singers were Cartman, Kenny, and Butters, or if they made some gay scene where everyone breaks into chorteographed dancing, even Mr. Garrison, and if they did something making fun of all the gay lipsyncing, I mean, if its gonna be a musical, you could at least TRY to actually sing your part!
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 1:28 pm Offline
Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:17 am4
this makes my day. i thought the season was over and now this!! damn i'm excited
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 2:07 pm Offline
Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 am9
I'm not gonna lie, i think this will be hilarious. I'm not a big fan of musicals, but I think parodied will be hilarious. Because the notion of people legitimately breaking out into song as if it were normal is incredulous. Can't wait to see what the boys at South Park Elementary have to say about this silly craze that is musical.
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 3:31 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:
Anyway...I do believe they had worked with Marc on Cripple Fight. Big Gay Al was packing and some guy (who looked like he'd been high on Acid, did you see his f*cking eyes!?) was playing a piano. And Al had referred to him as Marc, so it just might have possibly been Shaiman. So maybe it's only been 7 years...which is still a damn long time but come on! Matt and Trey did say they were pretty good buddies with him or something along the lines of that in the commentary mini for Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics. So maybe they've hung out with him since, you know? And Marc's cool, I think he can take a week off to work with some old friends. And I hear Marc is active these days. I didn't see Hamlet 2 (f*ck me) but while the commercials aired, it said, "From the creator", or "writer", or something "from South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut comes Hamlet 2." And it was a musical, so maybe Marc was active in creating songs in that, just bringing the hopes higher.

With or without Marc, I am looking forward to some new music from South Park out of this episode. They can't make fun of a "musical" without musical numbers, after all.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 3:32 pm Offline
Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:38 pm8
This episode looks sweet! 0.o cant WAIT!!!
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 3:50 pm Offline
Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:57 pm61somewhere
no way!!! I can't, I mean I can't really wait for tomorrow!!!
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 4:09 pm Offline
Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:57 pm61somewhere
whatthejew wrote:
Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:
Also, it's about time Kyle's fro got the recognition it deserves (although they turned it all douche-fro for the whole HSM thing).

The douche-fro in this episode isn't as bad as what 11 year-old fangirls describe his hair as being in their "omg!11 im in luv with stan but hes w/ that skank wendy!!!111!!" fanfiction. Either his hair "loosened up over the years and now lightly falls down into spiraling curls onto his shoulders" or Kyle spends each morning striaghtening his hair with a flat iron and gallons of hair products that in and of itself brings global warming upon the world. It makes me shudder violently.

I often find that Kyle has somehow (magically?) developed silky, beautiful curls, over the years. And naturally no one can resist silky, beautiful curls, so his hair turns everyone totally gay. Personally I like Kyle with a jewfro, just like I like Matt.

...I can almost never make it through a topic without mentioning my want of the return of Matt's jewfro.

I have to admit I'm part of the "Kyle-fro loving group" LOL!
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 5:10 pm Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:32 pm148
triplemultiplex wrote:

With or without Marc, I am looking forward to some new music from South Park out of this episode. They can't make fun of a "musical" without musical numbers, after all.

Very true. Chances are they won't have Marc. But there's always hope. Either way the music will be great. But I have a kind of a deep, eerie feeling that they won't put any songs in it. I don't know why, however. I mean either way the episode will be a spectacle of super-awesome-ness, and they probably will have songs, I'm just a retard :timmy: I still just don't want to get my hopes up THAT high. Because if they don't have any songs (for some gay reason) and you're expecting to hear something like Get'cha d!ck in the game, then you'll be pissed off :cartmansopissedrightnow: .
I mean think about it. Everyone was SO sure Pandemic 2 would be awe-f'ucking-some And it ended up to be a good episode, but since everyone was expecting it to be Godly, people felt like it sucked.
So you'll never know what to expect...But then again they probably will have songs in it and it will be in-f'ucking-credible and I'm just a skeptical dumb hunk of sh!t.
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 6:38 pm Offline
Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:11 pm1534argentina - the asshole of planet earth
i love stany wrote:
I have to admit I'm part of the "Kyle-fro loving group" LOL!

go the fro! :D

i bet he dances really bad lol
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 6:54 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:05 pm4262http://www.southparkstudios.com
Quote:
I have a kind of a deep, eerie feeling that they won't put any songs in it

So it isn't just me? The last episode, a politics ep with no politics, makes this likely. It'd be a very 'sp' thing to do. That COULD work but I <3 my M and T music!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 7:27 pm Offline
Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:19 pm27
I've never seen HSM before- well, I guess I have to admit to seeing the first one out of curiosity towards the mass obsession everyone has today- but I am so excited for this. Kyle's hair is adorable, but I'm a Stan fan truely. I've got to cross my fingers for Stan to have his long-awaited for main part.
Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 11, 2008 8:35 pm Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:32 pm148
superiorsavior wrote:
Quote:
I have a kind of a deep, eerie feeling that they won't put any songs in it

So it isn't just me? The last episode, a politics ep with no politics, makes this likely. It'd be a very 'sp' thing to do. That COULD work but I <3 my M and T music!

Don't we all? But na, I'm sure Matt and Trey will put in some songs. They're smart guys. It was just when Matt said they were stumped on coming up with an episode this week because nothing's really happening, so they lost some time. And it would take a little while to come up with songs and record them. But then again right now Linkin Park (I must be the only South Park fan to like them and yes, I am ashamed of it) are in the midst of recording an album. So I'm thinking of songs that take like a week to come up with because I'm used to hearing Linkin Park saying, "We came up with this song idea a week ago and we're almost done with it now.".
Why do I always expand something that could be said in one sentence into a paragraph? All I had to say was Matt and Trey are smart, they'll hopefully put songs in, I'm just not 100% sure. And now I'm making this even longer by adding what I just said and even longer by adding this! Sh!t!

Oh hey, and just for the record, I'm into metal, mostly thrash and heavy-Slayer, Deicide, 80's Metallica, Judas Priest, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Over Kill, Necrophagist, Pantera, Dream Theater, etc. and Linkin Park...(NOT calling Linkin Park metal by the way). DAMN IT NOW I'M JUST MAKING THIS COMMENT LONGER...AND EVEN LONGER WITH THE CAPS! F#CK!

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 8 106 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next