Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 18 of 23 334 posts Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 28, 2008 7:34 pm Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
Season 12:

Tonsil Trouble: 6/10: A pretty weak way to start the season, I laughed once in the whole episode.

Brittany's new look: 2/10: One of the worst episodes ever. Painfully unfunny and stupid.

Major Boobage: 6/10: It was good to see Kenny have the spotlight, and it was funny at times, but not a hilarious episode.

Canada on Strike: 4/10: A very dumb episode, it's like they tried their best to be funny. A laughed once or twice, but cringed about 10 times at how unfunny some parts were.

Eek a Penis: 7/10: A decent episode. I was glad to see the old Mr. Garrison back.

Over Logging: 5/10: Dull and Boring. Not one thing made me laugh.

Super Phun Time: 8/10: A good way to end the first half of season 12. It was pretty good and junk.

The China Probrem: 8/10: A very nice way to open the second half. All though the rape scenes made me uncomfortable...

The Breast Cancer Show Ever: 5.5/10: One of the main reasons I don't like it is because it made Cartman look like a pussy and then he gets his ass kicked too. Plus the ending was so cliche, and predictable.

Pandemic 1: 7/10: It was decent, good laughs, good times.

Pandemic 2: The startling: 5/10: "I am so startled" was funny the first freaking time and now they make an episode of Randy saying it over and over. They really shouldn't have streached out the episode to two parts.

About last night: 4.5/10: The whole thing was dumb. That's it.

Elementary School Musical: 9/10: Great episode, maybe the best of the season. The Queermo guy was hilarious.

The Ungroundable: 6.5/10: Pretty weak. I did like some parts and I now like the goth kids a little more, but I don't think it had that season finale power.

Overall: 6/10: I miss the old south park...
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 28, 2008 10:15 pm Offline
Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:56 pm1
though i will admit the episode ran so well! goth vs. vamps.... butters ep mixed with goth kids (finally!!!!!)... i digged it. even the homemade music was perfect XD "burn down hot topic" probably is my fav lol.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 12:42 pm Offline
Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:01 pm7
I only have one question for you all.

Why is there HAMBURGER HELPER, in a glass of MILK?

Mehe, it made me laugh. It was a pretty funny episode, I laughed at when Butters gave Cartman a hickie, and when they burnt down Hot Topic I laughed and thought of my best friend.

Good episode, but it disappoints me that it's the season finale and there was no :zombiekenny: Kenny death. That just saddens me. :(
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 29, 2008 6:31 pm Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:40 pm5NY
Hmm well...I enjoyed it but it could have been better. Many recent episodes have been lacking the usual bite.
Sometimes it is nice to break away from the main characters for a change, but Butters, being a weak character in himself, made the episode a little dull. Wonder what it would have been like to have Cartman as the vampire, haha.

I like the goth kids, they make me laugh. To me, the best part was when they donned Gap clothes and went back to their former labels momentarily...so true.

Where did "per se" come from anyway; why is it the head vamp's catch phrase? Did they use it a lot in Twilight? (Never read the books and will never see the movie)? Or is it just because the saying mirrors the head vamp's lameness and snobbishness, someone please clarify...

Here's my opinion on season 12 episodes:

Tonsil Trouble: 8/10. Not bad, good points made.

Britney's New Look: 7/10. I liked this one, it made a lot of sense
at the time.

Major Boobage: 9/10

Canada On Strike: 5/10...ehhh...not memorable...if I am remembering correctly then the best parts were of Butters' YouTube debut and the other YouTube stars.

Eek a Penis: 8/10 Good episode.. favorite part: "HEY you're not my penis! *Slap*"

Overlogging: 9/10 Ironically computers and internet (MYSPACE UGH) really piss me off, so I could relate to this one easily

Super Fun Time: 10/10 Best one this season, good storyline, good character interactions.

China Probrem: 3/10 Did not like this one at all...it's been done before and the rape scenes were awkward and didn't make any sense to me...although the part with the storm trooper cracked me up. I also liked the fake chinese teeth they wore as disguise.

Breast Cancer Show Ever: 9/10 About time they had a showdown. Principal Victoria's speech was perfect.

Pandemic and Sequel: 8.5/10 I liked them, and glad that Craig finally got a bigger role, but Randy claimed he was startled one too many times for my liking! The guinea pigs' outfits were so cute!

About Last Night: 8/10 Interesting...highlights on the fact that everyone gets so obsessed over elections. My brother and I agreed that Cartman should have had a bigger role - "I win, you lose" IS his thing, after all.

Elementary School Musical: 10/10 I am SO GLAD they made fun of HSM...god I hate that movie, I could only stomach 15 min. of it while babysitting some brats.

The Ungroundable: 7/10 the music made me laugh. Not a good ending to the season (I didn't even know it was the last epi until I checked here); wasn't strong enough.

SP needs to return to its caustic ways...it's a little too "nice" lately, but I am still anticipating Season 13 nonetheless! :)
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 01, 2008 4:46 pm Offline
Thu May 10, 2007 3:01 am14Greece
Really liked it. The Goth music was priceless. btw, when is the next season starting?
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 01, 2008 6:48 pm Offline
Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 pm1
"I thought the "Burn the Hot Topic Down" seemed more Christian Death than Joy Division, The first tune "I'm not part of your society" is definitely Bauhaus The tune in the car scene and the Gap clothes scene was definitely Siouxsie and the Banshees. A very loving tribute too. I wish they'd post them they were a hoot!"

I agree. They were great songs! And I spend two hours trying to think what was those bands until I realised they were made up songs just for this episode. ;D The goth rock song that goth kids listen with gap clothes on and the song that they listen in the car were really good and almost fooled me to think they vere real songs. There was something so familiar with those female vocals. I bet that the singer at those two songs is Debra Fogarty from goth rock/darkwave band called Diva Destruction, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diva_Destruction

If you listen carefully Diva Destructions songs female vocals match and specially last part of the the song, that starts at the end of the car drivings scene, sounds exactly like part of the Diva Destruction hit song The Broken Ones from the album PassionĀ“s Price (2000).

I hope that I am right and I hope that I can fonfirm this information soon. :D
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 01, 2008 8:44 pm Offline
Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:57 pm1
I thought it was the best episode of the season. Very funny, even though I am a huge Twilight fan!
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Dec 01, 2008 8:52 pm
I like how Butters is still trying to fit in. Butters doesn't get any breaks. He joins the Vamps, only to disown them, and helps the Goths get rid of the Vamps by burning down Hot Topic :lol:
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 04, 2008 9:17 am Offline
Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:10 pm33
holly sh#t they were playing the new call of duty at the start of the episode. right on!!! :craig:
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Dec 27, 2008 4:05 pm Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Butters hissing at his parents was classic. Great episode.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 28, 2008 1:14 am Offline
Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:28 am9
Loved this episode! The Goths were first, after all, so I guess they were kinda pissed when the Vamps started copying their style...Butters as a Vamp was adorable!

Can't wait for next season!

:unhoodedkenny:
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Dec 28, 2008 1:25 am Offline
Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:28 am9
While reading this thread I noticed something about some of the reviews...the "China Problem" episode has some rape scenes that illustrate how very disappointed the boys (and the creators) were with the newest 'Indiana Jones' movie...they are references to classic scenes in other movies (ie: the last one is the seminal male rape reference in "Deliverance")...I hope that will let anyone who didn't get that part enjoy the show a little more...I personally thought that was brilliant, being very disappointed in the 'IJ' movie myself...
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Dec 30, 2008 12:55 pm Offline
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:50 pm1
I'm curious if anybody thinks the "Vampires" are a metaphor for the "emo craze"? Sort of like what they did with the time traveling "Goobacks" which was obviously about mexicans and immigration. Or is there actually a growing vampire scene out there? Because I haven't seen any yet. However, the emos are all around.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Dec 30, 2008 10:35 pm Offline
Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:49 pm1MD
lolz this episode was freakin hilarious. i luved when every1 was playing CoD5 and cartman got 0wn3d by bebe. hahaha.
SliPKnoT RuLeZ xD
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Jan 01, 2009 6:20 pm Offline
Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:21 am8
I think the Goth Kids need more air time. Their nonchalant voices are simply one of the most amusing things ever to me and I'm not sure why. And Kindergoth needs more lines. He's adorable. :D

And, for some reason, I was sent into a fit of giggles with the line, "That's true, Bloodrayne."
That's true, Bloodrayne.

Sort by  
Page 18 of 23 334 posts Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next