Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 23 334 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:18 pm Offline
Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:19 pm27
the_stapler wrote:
well, i liked the ep, it was funny and it had a great message. all throughout my highschool life i had to deal with douchy posers and emos like that, it sucked. granted i didn't really like the goth kids because i think they were just sad people who needed to learn how to socialize properly, but now that i'm in college the only emo people i have to deal with are my prof.s.lol. however, like it has been said, it was definitely not a very good season finale, and i wish something more outrageous would have happened. aye, i just hope they're not just losing it at all, but they just seem like they're being too nice lately. they need something more like :assface:

Twilight isn't a huge thing in college, is it?
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm230Mecca
VAVROOMM wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
VAVROOMM wrote:
DAMN! I walked around school telling my friends how much Twilight sucked and South Park was going to totally bash it tonight. (I admit I was all too excited to see something so stupid get thrown back in everyone's faces.)

The moral of the story? Twilight still sucks.

Just think of it this way: Twilight sucks so hard South Park doesn't even have to make fun of it, it makes fun of itself, no help needed.

HAHA that's a GIVEN. Yeah, well, now I've got to deal with BS like this:
http://www.sodahead.com/question/192541 ... 192541_sq1

How...how is Harry Potter losing? That's...wrong. Gross, ew, something is wrong the world, I...don't like this... D:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 pm Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:44 pm102
see what happens when you people demand episodes that are not focused around Kenny, Kyle, Stan and Eric. You get some lame episode as a season finale. Thanks a lot assh*les SP fans who want a episode thats not about usual 4 boys.

That was the worst episode of the entire season.
Last edited by erzhik on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:21 pm Offline
Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:52 pm25
VAVROOMM wrote:
the_stapler wrote:
well, i liked the ep, it was funny and it had a great message. all throughout my highschool life i had to deal with douchy posers and emos like that, it sucked. granted i didn't really like the goth kids because i think they were just sad people who needed to learn how to socialize properly, but now that i'm in college the only emo people i have to deal with are my prof.s.lol. however, like it has been said, it was definitely not a very good season finale, and i wish something more outrageous would have happened. aye, i just hope they're not just losing it at all, but they just seem like they're being too nice lately. they need something more like :assface:

I know ALOT of college girls that love it.. and no they are not all necessarily dumb.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:22 pm Offline
Jaber612 wrote:
VAVROOMM wrote:
the_stapler wrote:

I know ALOT of college girls that love it.. and no they are not all necessarily dumb.

Well, then, they've got no idea what the outside world is like if they're stll read BS books like Twilight. Considering I'll be in college in a couple months, most of my friends have said not a soul there knows about Twilight. And, if it is so that girls read Twilight books in college, people need to get out more.
Last edited by VAVROOMM on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:22 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
I'll speak for myself here, this episode wasn't the best way to end 12, and wasn't a 'great' episode. Mediocre at best.

Butters bores me, and standing alone, showed his naive personality wasn't enough to push himself. His character developed and reverted in under 18 minutes (mid episode), and I didn't follow a single thing. I don't really think me reading any of Twilight was going to help, just felt like poor execution, but great concept.

Overall, i felt there was 4 strong episodes this season, 3 of which will be "memorable" (IE: episodes that'll come to mind at mention of Season 12), but this wont be one of them. Is this the end of Season 12, or the start of a fresh start (Season 13)? At any rate, i'll wait and hope next season feels stronger
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:29 pm Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:32 pm148
whatthejew wrote:
Calm down about Kenny not dying anyway. I was dissapointed too, I wanted him to die this season, but who knows, the next season is 13, unlucky, you know? ;D

Kenny dying was the thing that I was waiting for this episode, the whole episode I was saying, "Will he die here?" and he never died...that was just such a let down. The second the episode ended my eyes just widened. But whatever, maybe they can put an extra death...I mean, no never mind, I never said put an extra death in season 13, hear that Matt and Trey? No one will expect Kenny to die next season, so um, make him die some extra times...

If he doesn't die next season then I'll go batsh!t insane. I'm just going to watch the episode later, I'll probably like it better, but you have to admit, they had so many chances to make this episode epic. I mean, they could make fun of emos somewhere in here, or y'know have Kenny die, and they knew it, but they still didn't. I mean, why? I'm sure when I watch it later I'll like it, but I know it will never be special or really cool or anything. But look at these people, they were all saying it was okay, because it had a clear shot to be an awesome episode, and ended up to be okay. I mean come on. I think the thing that also pissed me off was they never really had the boys in it. The first part was really cool, the Cartman part was cool, but I mean, ugh.

Whatever, at least this season has had some gems like Major Boobage, BCSE, About Last Night, ESM and I really liked Canada On Strike.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:30 pm Offline
Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:59 pm19
whatthejew wrote:
VAVROOMM wrote:
whatthejew wrote:

HAHA that's a GIVEN. Yeah, well, now I've got to deal with BS like this:
http://www.sodahead.com/question/192541 ... 192541_sq1

How...how is Harry Potter losing? That's...wrong. Gross, ew, something is wrong the world, I...don't like this... D:

Because of hype:

Harry Potter has been finished for at least 6 months now. The hype dies down. Twilight just finished and is continuing its hype by getting another book. JKR needs to release her HP dictionary, and that'll get some hype for Harry Potter again.

The movies don't count because they always suck.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:32 pm Offline
Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 pm13
This episode was boring.

There were a few memorable episodes this season, but for the most part I liked last season (11) a lot better.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:34 pm Offline
Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:59 pm19
RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
Calm down about Kenny not dying anyway. I was dissapointed too, I wanted him to die this season, but who knows, the next season is 13, unlucky, you know? ;D

Kenny dying was the thing that I was waiting for this episode, the whole episode I was saying, "Will he die here?" and he never died...that was just such a let down. The second the episode ended my eyes just widened. But whatever, maybe they can put an extra death...I mean, no never mind, I never said put an extra death in season 13, hear that Matt and Trey? No one will expect Kenny to die next season, so um, make him die some extra times...

If he doesn't die next season then I'll go batsh!t insane. I'm just going to watch the episode later, I'll probably like it better, but you have to admit, they had so many chances to make this episode epic. I mean, they could make fun of emos somewhere in here, or y'know have Kenny die, and they knew it, but they still didn't. I mean, why? I'm sure when I watch it later I'll like it, but I know it will never be special or really cool or anything. But look at these people, they were all saying it was okay, because it had a clear shot to be an awesome episode, and ended up to be okay. I mean come on. I think the thing that also pissed me off was they never really had the boys in it. The first part was really cool, the Cartman part was cool, but I mean, ugh.

Whatever, at least this season has had some gems like Major Boobage, BCSE, About Last Night, ESM and I really liked Canada On Strike.

Um. You're obsessed. You need to go buy a Kenny plushie or three and rip the heads off them right now and get over yourself. The Kenny dying joke got old, and so Matt and Trey killed Kenny for a season to break the requirement to kill him. They're now exorcising their liberty. Just.... just stop. You're obsessed! :shock:
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:35 pm Offline
Tustin2121 wrote:
Because of hype:

Harry Potter has been finished for at least 6 months now. The hype dies down. Twilight just finished and is continuing its hype by getting another book. JKR needs to release her HP dictionary, and that'll get some hype for Harry Potter again.

The movies don't count because they always suck.

I know there's 'hype' but there's this other thing called 'quality,' in other words, Harry Potter has it, Twilight does not, and if you're going to ask which one is a better series...guh, think about it. I get why Twilight is winning, if you look at the comments there's a bunch that say 'omg edward cullen is so hottttt lol' One person said Harry Potter has 'Sedric but no Edward,' which...well, I think they meant Cedric, but that just proves something to me. It's just sad that we're confusing hype for quality, I suppose.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 pm Offline
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:31 pm4
i signed up to express my feelings about this season...

Analysis: Anytime the creators of South Park venture away from the four boys, the episode fails to be funny. Why do an entire episode of minor characters? There is no background of such characters, in which case the viewer fails to relate to characters like the Goths and Vampire Kids. Why do an episode on undeveloped characters, it almost doesn't makes sense to do an episode without the fully developed characters. This seaon finale could have been funny, had all four boys been involved. Last week (High School musical) was perfect as it criticized pop culture using main characters as "rational human beings" in the situation. That's what made it funny, the reaction to society as understood from the main chracters' perspectives.

The essence of South Park is the four boys: Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Butters and their unique interactions in society and between each other and their reactions in society and between each other. It's about growing up in an era where society contradicts itself and exposes those contradictions by utilizing the four main characters; that's what makes it funny. Without the developed characters critique on the episode, it fails in humour.

This season finale was terrible. The only funny part was when Cartman told his mom about Butter's love for him. I give it a 1.5/10. They need to create episodes more when its just Cartman returning to his devious ways or at least two main characters interacting. All the other minor characters blow compared to Kenny, Stan, Cartman, Kyle and Butters(except for Randi, "OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA...LoL). There needs to be more episodes with them and less with everyone else.

My favorite episodes thus far have all involved the main characters: Awesomo!, Guitar Queer-O, Imaginationland, Cartman sucks, Make Love not Warcraft, ManBearPig, Die Hippee Die, and Good Times with Weapons. My absolute favorite episodes and wth no coincidence have a big portion dedicated to the main chracters. I hope the South Park creators read this. South Park is about the only thing I watch on a consistent basis.

Thank you.

ShadowMasamune
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:43 pm Offline
Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 pm13
Well, I think Randy can be hilarious.

But yeah, I think probably the funniest part of this episode was the opening scene where they're all playing cod4 (or is it some other game?).
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:46 pm Offline
ShadowMasamune wrote:
i signed up to express my feelings about this season...

Analysis: Anytime the creators of South Park venture away from the four boys, the episode fails to be funny. Why do an entire episode of minor characters? There is no background of such characters, in which case the viewer fails to relate to characters like the Goths and Vampire Kids. Why do an episode on undeveloped characters, it almost doesn't makes sense to do an episode without the fully developed characters. This seaon finale could have been funny, had all four boys been involved. Last week (High School musical) was perfect as it criticized pop culture using main characters as "rational human beings" in the situation. That's what made it funny, the reaction to society as understood from the main chracters' perspectives.

The essence of South Park is the four boys: Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Butters and their unique interactions in society and between each other and their reactions in society and between each other. It's about growing up in an era where society contradicts itself and exposes those contradictions by utilizing the four main characters; that's what makes it funny. Without the developed characters critique on the episode, it fails in humour.

This season finale was terrible. The only funny part was when Cartman told his mom about Butter's love for him. I give it a 1.5/10. They need to create episodes more when its just Cartman returning to his devious ways or at least two main characters interacting. All the other minor characters blow compared to Kenny, Stan, Cartman, Kyle and Butters(except for Randi, "OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA...LoL). There needs to be more episodes with them and less with everyone else.

My favorite episodes thus far have all involved the main characters: Awesomo!, Guitar Queer-O, Imaginationland, Cartman sucks, Make Love not Warcraft, ManBearPig, Die Hippee Die, and Good Times with Weapons. My absolute favorite episodes and wth no coincidence have a big portion dedicated to the main chracters. I hope the South Park creators read this. South Park is about the only thing I watch on a consistent basis.

Thank you.

ShadowMasamune

I agree- I like when they focus around Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman. Those are ALWAYS the best. Hopefully, they'l get back on track for the second season.
Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 19, 2008 9:48 pm Offline
cromlis wrote:
Well, I think Randy can be hilarious.

But yeah, I think probably the funniest part of this episode was the opening scene where they're all playing cod4 (or is it some other game?).

I'm like 99% sure it was COD4, only because I suck at the game.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 23 334 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next