Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 25 367 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 2:42 am Offline
Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:37 pm845Texas
I have to say I liked the episode. It's pretty sad when you have to rely on a cartoon to take the piss out of blatantly obvious bullsh*t. Nobody else has the nerve. Of course, when you have the fiery goliath like Disney breathing down your back it's hard not to be a little timid.

I know it was just a joke and I don't take it to seriously but I really hated the "women have dirty mouths" jokes. It was funny the first time because it was unexpected but after that it just kind of fell flat for me.

Other than that I found the episode to be spot on. My sister and I loved the sound Cartman made when he got shot in the neck with the dart.
JesusComplex is a girl *rawr*
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 3:02 am Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:58 pm23
Schitaco wrote:
I have to say, this episode was one of the worst. It was incredibly predictable, I don't see how anyone was laughing so loud they couldn't hear the TV. The only part I really laughed at was Mickey's first scene. Other parts were worth a chuckle...but it just seemed like a continuation of Season 12, which I think was the worst SP season yet.

I'm sorry for those of you that just got into the show, but for those of us that have been watching since we were little, this just doesn't measure up. This may go down for me as the most boring episode since that one about Pip that "parodies" Great Expectations.

I hope they start doing more episodes that aren't centered so much around "cultural phenomena" like vampire kids and the Jonas Brothers. It was so much funnier when Cartman was feeding some kid his own parents or Randy was competing for the biggest crap. Commentary and parody is more effective and hilarious when it is peripheral and implicit.

I agree that season 12 was the worst.

But this episode is way better than most of the eps in that one. First of all, I hated the giant Mickey, and guess what I thought when I saw it? "Seems very season 1ish." So don't go reminiscing about the "good ol' days" just yet. They weren't that great, and even that great Cartman episode is a rarity and you know it.

Also, you can't say that the crap episode was better than this one. They're ridiculously similar; both are overly-silly commentaries on people in the music industry, illustrating a deeper point. 'The Ungroundable' was bad, yes, and it would've been better if it poked at the feminist issues with Twilight, but this episode didn't suffer from that shallowness - it mocked some pretty big targets, including the Disney corp. and (to a lesser extent) Christians. (And considering that I know next to nothing about the Jonas Brothers and still enjoyed the episode, I don't think that ignorance could stop anyone else.)

I'm not a blind SP fan. I'll openly admit that seasons 11 & 12 are my least favorites, but I'm also big enough to admit when they've got something right, as I think they did in this case. Plus, I don't think it was predictable at all - Breast Cancer Show ever was predictable.

Random thoughts:
- I liked Tammy.
- Butters did seem a bit off.
- I was surprised that the boys knew what a bj was, but at least they were naive enough to find it icky.
- Mr. Slave!
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 am Offline
Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:32 am11
:lol: That . . . was . . . AWESOME!!!! If this is how Season 13 is jumping off, I am f*cking stoked!
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 4:50 am Offline
Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:19 pm10139Billy bonka's amazing Drug Factory
I liked this episode....A great start for season 13....and kenny died nice touch
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 5:12 am Offline
Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:09 am3
nice episode but carman was way to soft! i really missed his sarcastic sayings.
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 am Offline
Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:09 pm920
What *tries to steal kennies girl friend resulting in a conntinuation of the long fight*.
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 6:34 am Offline
Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:36 pm3
Great episode,,, im impressed,
A great cartoon that gives importand lessons and its damn funny.
you dont need to believe on any bullsh*t so u dont get f*cked til marriage,, our parents tells us what we are supposed to know and then its up to us to deside,, even tho, the episode tells that u can do what u want with your lives BUT u are taking the chance of diseases or even worse. (do what u want with your lives And becareful)
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 am Offline
Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:48 am2
i'm a huge fan of SP,i mean,i watch 1 or 2 episodes everyday,just to get me going!!I've been waiting for this new episode like a muth@#!
maybe i'm disappointed cause i believed that this season's opener would have to be crazy,just to make things right for the 12th..
it didn't totally sucked,i mean , disney got pawned in this one,
but come on!
this is southpark we're talkin about!!
i hope their keeping the good ones for later,or maybe someone has to throw his purity ring... :lol: :lol:
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 8:46 am Offline
Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:28 pm5
I loved it in HD. you can really see everything better.
Last edited by StuntGirl1985 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 8:48 am Offline
Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:21 am5
That was awesome 8)
Can't wait for the next one
Last edited by Quick_Ben on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 8:49 am Offline
Wed May 24, 2006 11:17 am287Glasgow, Scotland
It sure has been a while. Nice to be back.

I loved this episode. The fact that Mickey Mouse was the main antagonist made it even better. There were some great funny scenes a few underlying 'oh god' moments (with the Jonas brothers spraying their 'foam' onto the kids and the shot after) and all ending with an excellent hilarious Mickey Mouse tirade. I love Disney, personally, but it was great to see South Park make themselves funny again after alot of episodes being quite bland.

I've come to terms with South Park mainly being a show about pop-culture. It's been that way for quite sometime now - is it as good as past seasons? Of coarse not. You'll actually never get anything better than Season 9 from any comedy. But for three seasons, it's changed the format and still gets a great response from fans. And when they do the episodes that go back to simple stories (e.g. Cartman vs Wendy), they tell a terrific story. But this episode is proof that South Park can still be funny, still keep in line with the characters and their personalities in terms of actions etc and still send a message out there. But the suggestion that this episode was on the level of the Pip episode is merely an overexhaggeration, IMO.

My main concern now is the second episode - there's been this pattern for me that the second episode drops in quality and continues until one or two episodes are good, then dips in quality again. So I await, with much excitement, on the second episode. But heck.. they have alot to follow with that first one.
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 9:06 am Offline
Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:37 am1
This episode came as a shock for me. I mean, of course it had its funny moments, but otherwise this wasn't really ''South Park'' humor for me :( . I love all the other ''South Park'' episodes there is, exept for this one (don't wanna be negativ, just open-minded). Hopefully the next episode will be funny. But I'm glad that the new season has begun, I'm really excited! :D
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 9:07 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18783I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Gig-gle! This was a great season opener. (did anyone think that Tammy sounded like Mary Birdsong?)
Who didn't think that Kenny would be all celebratory over the whoo-oreishness of his lady friend? I mean really! :lol:
I laughed so hard at the hot foam, and was made slightly uncomfortable by the tingliness of such young vageens, but... whatever.
Oh, and I had a feeling that "The Boss" would be Mickey. :roll: Jesus. (oh no, it's Mecha Mickey!!! :D ) "...as Mickey returns to Valhalla to slumber and feed." :lol:
And speaking of Jesus, MR. SLAVE!!! :lol: Lord, you have to love that gay dirty whore.
Then there was the ending... Most anti-climactic Kenny death ever. Oh well, you know what they say. "You can't remember a thing when you have syphilis."

nall wrote:
P.S. Episode 1301 and Imaginationland: The Movie are in widescreen.

P.P.S. If you have a big monitor and a good internet connection, try them both in full screen. Really.

Oh, I noes! It looks so purdy on my laptop. It even looks good on my TV, but the camera doesn't show it. I was going to get some display domination going, but my computer doesn't support three displays at once. :(
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 9:13 am Offline
Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:14 am72
Schitaco wrote:
I have to say, this episode was one of the worst. It was incredibly predictable, I don't see how anyone was laughing so loud they couldn't hear the TV. The only part I really laughed at was Mickey's first scene. Other parts were worth a chuckle...but it just seemed like a continuation of Season 12, which I think was the worst SP season yet.

I'm sorry for those of you that just got into the show, but for those of us that have been watching since we were little, this just doesn't measure up. This may go down for me as the most boring episode since that one about Pip that "parodies" Great Expectations.

I hope they start doing more episodes that aren't centered so much around "cultural phenomena" like vampire kids and the Jonas Brothers. It was so much funnier when Cartman was feeding some kid his own parents or Randy was competing for the biggest crap. Commentary and parody is more effective and hilarious when it is peripheral and implicit.

I agree, I was a little disapointed by this episode. I really like the adventure-type episodes featuring the kids, and this one seemed to just be all about the Jonas brothers and Disney, something I find boring.

I'm hoping there will be better ones to come.
Last edited by Biscuits on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Mar 12, 2009 9:42 am Offline
Mon May 15, 2006 9:56 am1Atlanta, GA
Is it coincidence that the jonas brothers announced their world tour yesterday before the show aired?

I thought the episode was weak. Looking forward to some better topics in the following weeks.
Howdy Ho!

Sort by  
Page 8 of 25 367 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 25  Next