Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 28 of 31 460 posts Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 28, 2010 9:32 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
ButtersYouWhore wrote:
Obviously there is much controversy around Mysterions' identity. and i don't suppose there are any right answers since Matt and Trey didn't specify.
Thinking about it logically Matt and Trey don't want us to know who Mysterion really is. They love to F***k with us so nobody should expect a proper answer.

however if i had to choose who i thought Mysterion really is..

It can't be Clyde. Personality wise Clyde is a scaredy cat. he'd burst into tears every time the wind blew in his direction.
i love him but it's true. his constant bawling is part of his charm.

and

it can't be Craig. because Craig hates involving himself in dangerous/crazy things, In Pandemic he made a big show about wanting to have a normal day and stating that nobody want's to hang out with Cartman's group because they get caught up in all these crazy things.
and in S06E13 The Return Of The Fellowship of The Ring To The Two Towers. Craig left as soon as things got complicated and refused to cross the river.

not to mention, Craig is a chronic-flipper not once during the episode have i seen Mysterion flip anyone off. though In the newer episode's Craig doesn't flip anyone off as much.

and

it can't be Kenny. because he hates putting himself in danger, He went out of his way to avoid Shop Class so he doesn't get killed. true Kenny occasionally risks himself for his friends. but he wont rush to peoples aid especially people he doesn't know.
also he's not the type of person that has that heroic flare.
the only thing that could disprove my theory right now is if someone said that" Kenny is Mysterion to attract chicks." then I'd say that i've got nothing on you. he would totally scale a building for a woman

and

it can't be Wendy. a major reason is Wendy is the student body president she rarely has time to hang out with her boyfriend Stan, so i really doubt that she'd use that free time to save South Park from petty crimes.
Personality wise I can't deny 100% that it could be Wendy. though i am inclined to believe that physically Mysterion is a boy. moreover, Mysterion asked for help from Kyle mentioning that Kyle:" is the smartest kid in the class." I don't think Wendy thinks kyle is any smarter than her and since Mysterion is looking for help from a smarter kid that would mean that Mysterion is not very smart himself/herself.

that leaves

Stan Marsh. IT HAS TO BE STAN! why? main reason is try as i might. i can't find a single reason to deny Stan being Mysterion.
Stan is always helping people. he saves whales, becomes a hippy with the intention of helping people, In super Phun time he saves everyone from the terrorists using quick thinking and a funny accent.
he is always standing up for things. whether they are a people or their right's. In lil crime stoppers he's determined to stay with his job. he says and i quote the he want's to "protect and serve South Park."
another reason is. Stan definitely thinks Kyle is the smartest kid in class.
he would go out of his way to piss Cartman off.
he would negotiate with the enemy.

that's it my brain stopped. :p

Very well-said and very true. I didn't think it was Stan at all at first. I thought Kenny just because when Mysterion pulled off his mask you still couldn't tell who it was and they're always coming up with diff ideas to cover Kenny's face.

What you said about Stan is so true. I just can't see Stan going around town helping South Park even though that is exactly what kind of person he is. But I am sure it's him too.

Man, really wanna go back and watch this episode again!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 05, 2010 6:50 am Offline
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:57 am6
ButtersYouWhore wrote:

that leaves

Stan Marsh. IT HAS TO BE STAN! why? main reason is try as i might. i can't find a single reason to deny Stan being Mysterion.
Stan is always helping people. he saves whales, becomes a hippy with the intention of helping people, In super Phun time he saves everyone from the terrorists using quick thinking and a funny accent.
he is always standing up for things. whether they are a people or their right's. In lil crime stoppers he's determined to stay with his job. he says and i quote the he want's to "protect and serve South Park."
another reason is. Stan definitely thinks Kyle is the smartest kid in class.
he would go out of his way to piss Cartman off.
he would negotiate with the enemy.

that's it my brain stopped. :p

I like your theory but i will add mine - Obviously we will never know who mysterion is and there probably isnt an answer, but none the less, its fun to speculate and come up with theories, so here is mine.

so since season 14 has started the shot at the end of the credits shows the boys waving from the SP sign and in the background the big group shot of characters. In this shot includes mysterion kneeling down. therefore this would indicate it cannot be stan. The only characters left, not shown in the opening sequence shot and who cartman mentioned it could be, is craig and clyde

Soooo that leaves me with a few points to consider to have a logical guess who mysterion may be out of the two.

1) During Cartmans show and tell about the coon, clyde is awoken to listen. However it also should be noted that craig is not shown in class in this segment. This could be intrepreted either way being, a specific higlighted clue reminding clyde whn to see the coon, or craig is off school already, possibly prepairing to become mysterion later that night.

my thought is that its too obvious of a clue to the fans to sucker them into clyde. logically south park is meant to be a small town so whoever mysterion is, they wouldve ran into the coon pretty quickly anyway if they didnt know when and were the coon would be as said in class

+1 point to craig

2) when cartman is going thru the hallway he calls out kenny and we see clyde showing the pictures of mysterion in the hallways. we also can see craig just barely visible in the background of the crowd. my thinking is in their real life alter ego mysterion wouldnt draw extra attention to himself with having pictures in his locker and he would stay in the background, out of sight, out of mind, as craig has

+1 point to craig

3) In kyles bedroom mysterion mentions that he needs his help because he thinks kyle is the smartest kid in his class. This point may lean itself more looking like somehting clyde would ask, as he is always portrayed as the dumb kid, and that craig may be reluctant to ask for kyles help. although if you think about it, craig may be smart enough to ask kyle for help as he knows that kyle hates cartman/coon.' note: mysterion does mention earlier that he knows cartman hates kyle

+1 point to craig

4) my final point. cartmans first suspician is craig. craig has a history of being cartmans nemisis in previous eps, (e.g. amongst others 801 good times with weapons and 811 quest for ratings). therefore i believe it is also craig in this case. the style of the whole character oozes craig, i dont believe clyde is able to pull this character off - also doesnt clyde only have one ball and cant do dukes in the urinal?? doesnt sound very super hero-ie to me ;)

therefore craig with the win with 4 points to nill from the points i chose to focus on and my interpretations. but i guess you could prob pick your own points/interpretations to argue otherwise, but hey, its fun to have a think about these important mysteries in life :D
who is MYSTER?ON PostMon Apr 12, 2010 3:26 pm Offline
Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:57 am1
there are THREE possible answers.

1) clyde-if u google search "southpark clyde" one of the first pics you will find is clyde admireing himself in his underwear.(he thinks wearing them on the outside is a fashion statement)
A) he is sleeping in class which means he must have had a long night fighting evil( if you have watched the movie "batman" it is not that hard!)
B)When cartman says "clyde" on top of the rooftop mysterion says he must go(he might think he is getting close to the truth)

2) stan marsh
A)mysterion's voice sounds a bit like stan when he goes goth
B) Mysterion has the letters stn & mrs (u say it like stan marsh)
C)Stan's uncle Jimbo is the only man in southpark that has a history of smuggling in fire-works
D)Wendy is his girl-friend so she must have been covering for him when she said"how do you know it was even a boy?"
3)Kenny
(it might be hard to understand but it makes sense)
A)it shows just as much of mysterion's face as it does kenny's
B)stop saying kenny couldn't "afford it " we all know how he mannaged to get a psp in a previos episode
C)the scene where mysterion & proffesser kaos are fighting mysterion "dies" if you will and suddenely comes back to life and we know how kenny has a habit of doing this

But i am going to investigate the episode after that to see if anyone is missing or in jail.

But my final opinion is that matt and trey made it so no one in the 4th grade is mysterion and they just want us to debate forever.
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 13, 2010 9:37 am Offline
Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 am36
i Think now it is clyde becouse cartman said "I KNEW IT WAS YOU"
Or something to mysterion.

And i thought that he did somethin when clyde was sleeping in the class
I dont give a crap about wales so go hug a tree xD :lol:
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 13, 2010 10:35 am Offline
Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:36 am215
I can't believe some people put all this thought into his identity, still. :chaos:
At least we have Đ°ssholes, you dumb girl!
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 13, 2010 12:41 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
GregW wrote:
I can't believe some people put all this thought into his identity, still. :chaos:

You think this is something (still going on)?

Check out the southparkstudios site in Germany on who is Mysterion:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=40855&start=0
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 16, 2010 3:42 am Offline
Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:22 pm8
Well the hotly contested unanswered debate as to who exactly is Mysterion will rage on forever it appears unless M+T throw us a bone or flat out tell us (something I'm not holding my breathe on). However, I would like to share my thoughts as to who I personally feel Mysterion looking at the clues from this website from a unique perspective.

First off, the basic knowledge every one already knows. We know that according to Mr Garrison, it was a student in his class. Secondly, on Professor Chaos' Mysterion board of suspects, the following students are listed: Kyle, Tweek, Stan, Clyde, Craig, Kevin, Kenny, and Jason.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/answers ... 00_281.jpg

Since Kyle actually chats with Mysterion during the episode, we know it isn't him.

Well here is what I find interesting. Has any one ever noticed that on this very board's character guide, 7 of the 8 characters listed above and Mysterion are shown and one of the characters is missing? (Click on "Guide" and then "Characters"). Kyle, Stan, Kenny, Clyde and Craig on have photos on Page 1. Tweek is listed on Page 3 and Jason is listed on Page 4. Mysterion is also listed on Page 4. But where oh where is Kevin? This strikes me as VERY odd that a character who has been in several episodes in the past is conveniently left off of Matt and Trey's board of characters. In my opinion, he hasn't been left off intentionally because he is represented as Mysterion! Also at then end of the episode, Mysterion was arrested and was to be placed in jail. In the episode immediately following "The Coon" called "Margaritaville", 7 of the 8 previously listed boys can be seen sitting at the "Last Supper Table". Who is missing? Again it is Kevin (because he is still in jail).

Obviously, the counter argument to this would be that Cartman says during the episode that "I even said it was you before." However, one could argue that Cartman claims to say a lot of things which have latter been proven to be false. (I refer you to the Fishsticks episode and Cartman's "memory" about how he "remembered" the events surrounding writing the Fishsticks joke. )

My personal opinion about the true identity of Mysterion ...... Kevin Stoley

Just some food for thought!
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 16, 2010 6:28 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
stledmonds15 wrote:

Since Kyle actually chats with Mysterion during the episode, we know it isn't him.

And that's all we know. From the clues we do know, and the unveiling of the face at the end of the episode, I've said it before but I'll say it again: It appears to me that Mysterion is SPS poster Niels0827. It's a spitting image of the unhodded Mysterion. Finally, case closed :) We now know the definitive answer.

See what I mean?

Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 am Offline
Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:27 am36
stledmonds15 wrote:
Well the hotly contested unanswered debate as to who exactly is Mysterion will rage on forever it appears unless M+T throw us a bone or flat out tell us (something I'm not holding my breathe on). However, I would like to share my thoughts as to who I personally feel Mysterion looking at the clues from this website from a unique perspective.

First off, the basic knowledge every one already knows. We know that according to Mr Garrison, it was a student in his class. Secondly, on Professor Chaos' Mysterion board of suspects, the following students are listed: Kyle, Tweek, Stan, Clyde, Craig, Kevin, Kenny, and Jason.

Well here is what I find interesting. Has any one ever noticed that on this very board's character guide, 7 of the 8 characters listed above and Mysterion are shown and one of the characters is missing? (Click on "Guide" and then "Characters"). Kyle, Stan, Kenny, Clyde and Craig on have photos on Page 1. Tweek is listed on Page 3 and Jason is listed on Page 4. Mysterion is also listed on Page 4. But where oh where is Kevin? This strikes me as VERY odd that a character who has been in several episodes in the past is conveniently left off of Matt and Trey's board of characters. In my opinion, he hasn't been left off intentionally because he is represented as Mysterion! Also at then end of the episode, Mysterion was arrested and was to be placed in jail. In the episode immediately following "The Coon" called "Margaritaville", 7 of the 8 previously listed boys can be seen sitting at the "Last Supper Table". Who is missing? Again it is Kevin (because he is still in jail).

Obviously, the counter argument to this would be that Cartman says during the episode that "I even said it was you before." However, one could argue that Cartman claims to say a lot of things which have latter been proven to be false. (I refer you to the Fishsticks episode and Cartman's "memory" about how he "remembered" the events surrounding writing the Fishsticks joke. )

My personal opinion about the true identity of Mysterion ...... Kevin Stoley

Just some food for thought!

I think you are right and i saw on wikipedia that he is fan of Star Wars and maybe learned theased things
I dont give a crap about wales so go hug a tree xD :lol:
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 22, 2010 2:04 am Offline
Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:20 am29West Sussex England UK
I think it could be Stan. Isn't there a scene where he goes to Kyle for help or whatever? Plus, the voice kind of sounds like him.
Who I think Mysterion is? PostSat May 01, 2010 10:25 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:10 pm1
Mysterion is Stan Marsh. It couldnt by Clyde because:

He is sleeping in class because more likely he is BORED to sleep. Besides, his voice does not fit with the quality of a deep voice Mysterion posseses.

Cannot be Keeny McCormick because he is too poor to be a superhero. Besides, more likely he does not care about saving peoples lives and it is proven in the episode Whale Whores.

HAS TO BE STAN MARSH because proven in Whale Whores and Fun with Veal, Stan can save anyone. If he saved the cows and the whales, more likely he will save people as well.
PLEASE IF ANY ONE READS THIS PLEASE MAKE AN EPISODE ABOUT TH PostSat May 01, 2010 10:30 pm Offline
Sat May 01, 2010 10:14 pm1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Margera

and its playing on the worst music channel in the universe this is seriously disgusting please tear these dirt bags a new A-HOLE!!!!! I BEG YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostMon May 10, 2010 9:14 pm Offline
Fri May 07, 2010 1:55 pm106Southpark (that's right)
This episode was really funny. Loved it. When I first saw kyle in his bedroom thinking I was like omg it's Kyle!! But then I saw mysterion and I was like, oh wait no it's not.

For people who are confused by that one Kyle scene, in the southpark commentary for the coon Matt and Trey said that at the end of the episode they were gonna have mysterion revealed to the town as Kyle so then he is put in jail. That way everyone in southpark thinks it's Kyle, but while Kyle is in jail the real mysterion comes, still unrevealed, and asks why Kyle took the blame and Kyle says that he Knows who he/she is and he says that he thinks mysterion should keep on doing what he's doing but he doesn't say the name and it ends like that. But Matt and Trey said it took up too much time so they made it the way it is today. Just go on YouTube and type up southpark the coon commentary and u can hear it.

Matt and Trey also said that they have no idea o mysterion is because they never really thought of who he is but they may just be fooling us. If it is someone I think it's Stan. I have a few reasons and here they are-
1) mysterions voice sounds a lot like Stan!!
2) who else would go to Kyle for help? Like if it's Craig he would prob go to someone that he's real close to, same with Clyde and the rest of them. But since everyone Knows who the coon is and everyone knows Kyle hates cartman they mat go to him for that reason
3) mysterion says he knows that Kyle hates cartman but again like I said everyone knows that. But it just seems like mysterion knows slot about Kyle and Stan is kyles best friend.

Anyways I think mysterion is Stan. And I hope they have an episode where mysterion comes back and it's revealed to be Stan and then Kyle has to help him get out of trouble :) that would be a good style episode :P lol

yeah I think I've rabled on for too long. Lol yeah my opinion and such...
ManBearPigs #1 Fan <3

Kyle, Craig and Kenny Kick a$$!! :D
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostMon May 10, 2010 11:20 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
LoveKyleAndStyle wrote :
> This episode was really funny. Loved it. When I first saw kyle in his
> bedroom thinking I was like omg it's Kyle!! But then I saw mysterion and I
> was like, oh wait no it's not.
>
> For people who are confused by that one Kyle scene, in the southpark
> commentary for the coon Matt and Trey said that at the end of the episode
> they were gonna have mysterion revealed to the town as Kyle so then he is
> put in jail. That way everyone in southpark thinks it's Kyle, but while
> Kyle is in jail the real mysterion comes, still unrevealed, and asks why
> Kyle took the blame and Kyle says that he Knows who he/she is and he says
> that he thinks mysterion should keep on doing what he's doing but he
> doesn't say the name and it ends like that. But Matt and Trey said it took
> up too much time so they made it the way it is today. Just go on YouTube
> and type up southpark the coon commentary and u can hear it.
>
> Matt and Trey also said that they have no idea o mysterion is because they
> never really thought of who he is but they may just be fooling us. If it is
> someone I think it's Stan. I have a few reasons and here they are-
> 1) mysterions voice sounds a lot like Stan!!
> 2) who else would go to Kyle for help? Like if it's Craig he would prob go
> to someone that he's real close to, same with Clyde and the rest of them.
> But since everyone Knows who the coon is and everyone knows Kyle hates
> cartman they mat go to him for that reason
> 3) mysterion says he knows that Kyle hates cartman but again like I said
> everyone knows that. But it just seems like mysterion knows slot about Kyle
> and Stan is kyles best friend.
>
> Anyways I think mysterion is Stan. And I hope they have an episode where
> mysterion comes back and it's revealed to be Stan and then Kyle has to help
> him get out of trouble :) that would be a good style episode :P lol
>
> yeah I think I've rabled on for too long. Lol yeah my opinion and such...

Awww, yeah, I would love it if it's revealed to be Stan and Kyle has to help him out somehow. Style!!! :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostTue May 11, 2010 10:43 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Mysterion is nobody.

M&T said it "The Coon" mini-commentary. They have no idea who he is. Putting theories on the table is fine, but you can't act as M&T put hints in there themselves.

Anyway, every character is debunkable in some way:

First off, if you count the deleted scene as canon, neither Cartman's nor Garrison's final statements can be taken as fact, so it can be someone we haven't even seen, or someone Cartman didn't accuse like Tweek or Kevin.

Even if you ignore it, it's debunked as:

Clyde: He would cry. Though he was sleepy in class, Mysterion wasn't active until the NEXT evening. Also, Clyde doesn't do many heroic things over the course of the series. Plus he has no desire to best Cartman and usually sympathizes with him.

Craig: He likes things boring as we see in "Pandemic" and even when he got his chance to save the world, he really didn't care. He's cynical - he wouldn't go out to save the town. Also he's voiced by, Matt, not Trey.

Kenny: He hates putting himself in danger, as mentioned. He's also poor and probably couldn't afford a whole costume and fireworks although other stuff's been shown. He's voiced by Matt, not Trey.

Kyle: He was with Mysterion. It's obviously not him. Plus he's voiced by Matt, not Trey.

Stan: Stan hates how screwed up his town is and would not want to deal with this kind of stuff. He never really cares about issues and hates fighting them. He would be too sensitive to beat the crap out of Butters or Cartman or people he knows.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o

Sort by  
Page 28 of 31 460 posts Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next