Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 31 460 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:09 pm Offline
Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:56 am38Campbell CA
The way we will find out who mysterion is is very simple

In a few episodes the boys will remark at the bus stop...... o remember when "Insert name" got arrested for being mysterion...... and it will be like nothing..... Or after all the hate mail....we will get another Terrance and PHiliP episode!!!!!
"Yes.......I'm a rocker" - Skylar
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:13 pm Offline
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:05 pm6155in
crecentmoon2 wrote:
I wonder if they will make a part two to this because Mysterion met up with Kyle and asked for help, but they didn't elaborate after that! I don't think they would put that in for no reason so, sequel maybe? (Hopes so XD)
And as for who mysterion is, it was someone Cartman mentioned right?
Oh well, I liked this Episode a lot and I can't wait for the next one!

That's right. So it could be Craig, Clyde, Stan, Kenny, or Wendy. Did he say once though? I will have to rewatch to be sure that he didn't say a person's name more than once. I am leaning on Kenny on this one, he has only a slightly higher pitched voice than Stan, so he could be Mysterion, and he is a bit of a pyro. Mysterion was well aware that he was going to be punished for revealing his face, but he does so. Kenny seems to be the only person who is willing to sacrifice himself for the people. That and a tad of BLU reference. But notice that he didn't speak after that.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:16 pm Offline
Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:06 pm3
There was just one line of dialogue missing, but since it was more of a Dark Knight spoof than a Watchmen spoof, I still have hope:

The Coon: "All the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'save us,' and I'll look down and whisper 'suck my balls.'"

DO A WATCHMEN SPOOF!
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:19 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
crecentmoon2 wrote:
I wonder if they will make a part two to this because Mysterion met up with Kyle and asked for help, but they didn't elaborate after that! I don't think they would put that in for no reason so, sequel maybe? (Hopes so XD)

Kenny seems to be the only person who is willing to sacrifice himself for the people.

Super Fun Time.
(Attempted) Cherokee Hair Tampons.
Beyond that, it is an unfair statement as the others don't out themselves in stupid situations where they face that choice, unlike Kenny. Here, it is a parody, so that opens the doors for characters. I'll bet you one hundred dollars that if Stan OR Kyle were placed in the same situations as Kenny where they can sacrifice themselves for the people or not, they would.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Last edited by ShaneHaughey on Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:21 pm Offline
Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:03 pm76
My thoughts on "The Coon."

I like how the overall feel of a superhero parody was done. Very cool animation styles and it had the feel of a superhero movie. Matt and Trey did an overall good job of spoofing The Dark Knight, and I guess Watchmen. This episode was nowhere near as good as "The Ring" but it's good enough to be 2 for 2.

Highlights:
-The amateur sketch
-The "reveal" at the end
-The fight on the building, and everyone somehow knowing Professor Chaos and General Dissoray
-Cartman appearing in random places

Overall score:
:assface: :assface: :assface: .5/ :assface: :assface: :assface: :assface: :assface:

(3.5 parka assfaces out of 5 parka assfaces)

Another suggestion. In the episode guide, you guys should change the episode picture to Cartman in the Coon costume instead of having a silhouette on a wall. It would look better.
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:26 pm Offline
Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:17 pm22
dunno why people seem so hesitant on comparing this to "Watchmen." a lot of what the characters said were clearly parodies to lines from the movie, especially from Rorschach.
in addition, Trey and Matt obviously left who 'Mysterion' was up in the air on purpose. they probably don't know and don't give a crap themselves. you crazy fans! :assface:
<3 -> Jason Voorhees

+MMFCL+
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:28 pm Offline
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:05 pm6155in
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
crecentmoon2 wrote:

Kenny seems to be the only person who is willing to sacrifice himself for the people.

Super Fun Time.
(Attempted) Cherokee Hair Tampons.
Beyond that, it is an unfair statement as the others don't out themselves in stupid situations where they face that choice, unlike Kenny. Here, it is a parody, so that opens the doors for characters. I'll bet you one hundred dollars that if Stan OR Kyle were placed in the same situations as Kenny where they can sacrifice themselves for the people or not, they would.

Okay... sorry :/

hmmmmmmm............

WHO IS MYSTERION?

maybe it's a two parter
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:37 pm Offline
Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:16 am2
I gotta say that I laughed pretty hard at the Obama poster in the alley with "CHANGE" and then "when?" spray painted across it. And Cartman's comments about Obama were pretty hilarious. I love how Trey and Matt don't really lean one way or the other politically - very refreshing.

as to who Mysterion was - my vote is Kenny. But face it, we're never going to find out.
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:41 pm Offline
Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:02 am3545New England
This will NOT be a 2 parter...

Love my favorite Professor Chaos is back! :chaos: :chaos:

and this was pure Cartman :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, the only downside to this episode was TOTALLY the ending....They needed to show who it was. For Christ sake's it could have been KEVIN for all we know!!

I have a GOOD feeling it was either stan or craig. In a way, who else would have good access to Kyle and would want to ruin Cartmans plan, while also keeping an eye on the actions of "chaos".....My first prediction would be stan!! But we'll never know, and that is what upsets me. :|

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 out of 10 (would have been a 9 if not for ending).
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:42 pm Offline
Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:03 pm76
The ending was perfect. Matt and Trey are known to f*ck with the audience. The funnier part was that when he took his mask off everyone knew who it was. It one of the best parts of the episode. I'm sure they'll make a weird reference in a future episode this season.
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 8:49 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
meh. I liked it. It's probably going to be one of my most favorite episodes ever. But I don't like how he showed up in Kyle's room for no reason unless that was just to throw everyone off. Which is still funny, but kinda sloppy. And I've, like everyone else around here I'm sure, seen every SP episode throughout the seasons. And even though this one made me giggle all the way through it, and the "open ending" is cute, that scene in Kyle's room was like "hm. I have no clue what else to put here to fill in time so let's just throw this scene in that makes no sense!" ... And yeah, I know, it's kinda dumb to be complaining how an SP scene doesn't make sense. But it still felt sloppy to me. Oh well. Brilliant nonetheless. *Still bows to Matt and Trey*

Edit- I changed my mind! I think I get that scene with Kyle now! I know a couple other people were confused too but you know how Batman always ran to what's his face for help? That's all it was. Just a scene to parody that. So, yeah, no 2 parter. Just a cute lil open ending to screw with everyone. Still brilliant!
I don't have a signature
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 pm Offline
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:21 am2
Anybody know why I can't watch the episode?

I was constantly distracted and didn't get to soak in the episode like I had originally planned.

I guess it hasn't been uploaded to the site yet?
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 9:16 pm Offline
Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:17 pm22
an additional observation:
in Watchmen, Rorschach's character is based on another character called "the Question." Mysterion had a question mark over his head. thought that made for a pretty obvious reference.
the Obama poster with the spray paint was also one of many Watchmen parodies. go watch the movie, peeps.
<3 -> Jason Voorhees

+MMFCL+
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 9:28 pm Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:49 am8
It's got to be either Stan, Kenny, Clyde, or Craig. Cartman says that he had named Mysterion at the end, and those are the only people he actually accuses by name during the episode.

I don't suppose any of them called Kyle "the smartest kid in class" in a prior episode...
Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Mar 18, 2009 9:29 pm Offline
Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:00 pm268Euclid, Ohio: the least interesting place in the western hemisphere
It was Clyde. Remember, he was passed out in class, which means he was up all night. Plus Cartman says "I already said it!". He says Clyde's name along with others who were already not Mysterion (Kenny, Kyle, Butters, Craig).
Athena1999 wrote:
AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig

Sort by  
Page 4 of 31 460 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next