Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 4 58 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 22, 2009 10:32 pm Offline
Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:22 am121In my land of games...
walterreally wrote:
However to others on this thread who have said that "M&T have got a real good vibe of old school classic episodes goin" I implore you to actually watch those old school episodes rather than make ridiculous statements like that.

You can have a different opinon, but you don't have to say their's is ridiculous...

Looks good.
Everyone knows it's butters!

That's me.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
Well...it can be good. I just hope Randy is used well and not over the top.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 12:56 am Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
Time to tackle the economy, eh, South Park? Sounds like an awesome plan.

As for Randy's involvement, I seem to be with everybody else when I say that Randy's involvement needs to be actively funny (a la The Losing Edge) and NOT overdone/the only plot device (the disability that More Crap suffered from). As for the preview clip... hilarious and probably irrevelant.... but hilarious nonetheless.

Season 13 has been solid so far; let's just hope they can keep up their streak.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 5:47 am Offline
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm3652anywhere
walterreally wrote:
"M&T have got a real good vibe of old school classic episodes goin" I imploret you to actually watch those old school episodes rather than make ridiculous statements like that.

And yeah I just hope this doesn't turn into an Obama worshipping/Obama bashing episode. South Park is a relief from all that politics.

Let's just keep it in South Park with the cast being exclusively SP residents like Jimbo, Ned, Randy, Garrisson, Mackey etc. Anyone in fact. Just keep it in SP and keep it local! All the best! :)

Well I didn't mean the episodes are exactly as classic as they were back in the first four seasons. But they are definitely making the change back. The past two episodes didn't ever travel outside of the town, kenny died, a giant Mickey Mouse is the EXACT random humor you'd find in season one, neither of the episodes were political up your ass, Mr. Slave was in The Ring, Prof. Chaos was in The Coon, and watch Cartman Gets An Anal Probe, the scene where he walked up to his mom and was bitching and asking for the pot pie and compare it to when he was bitching to his mom in The Coon, Cartman is beginning to act like his old self again.

Then again without Chef the show will never be precisely what it used to be, but it's getting better, quickly.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 am Offline
Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:05 pm6155in
RideTheLightning wrote:

Then again without Chef the show will never be precisely what it used to be, but it's getting better, quickly.

Yea..with chef being dead, it killed all chance for it going to the way it used to be.

I don't know about you guys, but I think that this episode is going to be a stereotypical Randy episode where he eventually destroys the economy and Stan has to take the stand.... hopefully I am wrong.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 8:53 am Offline
Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:53 am166Up the loch
This has potential to be really awesome.

Come on guys, keep the good episode trend going
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 11:03 am Offline
Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:10 pm33
sounds like a good episode
Last edited by fpock on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 11:03 am Offline
Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:10 pm33
cant wait for it.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 12:37 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
i hope stan get's a decent role in this one.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 1:35 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
First, I just want to say that I'm glad the title of this episode isn't "The _____" like the last three episodes have been. It's a pretty small thing, but that was starting to annoy me.

Now to business: Unlike the last two episodes (especially the last one), I'm not filled with questions and speculation. I'm wondering what Randy's little solution is, but since they're trying to live "without an economy" there's enough information to keep me from really asking. The preview clip was funny enough. Anyway I won't go insane waiting for the episode to air, which is really helpful.

I'm going into this episode without expectations. Hopefully not having those high expectations will make the episode all the more enjoyable. Better than a letdown, right?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 1:50 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
Hey, it just occurred to me... the wording "ultimate sacrifice!" I believe Stan did the ultimate sacrifice in Super Fun Time. It's probably nothing for the new episode, but it's an entertaining thought.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 2:09 pm Offline
Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:51 pm13
AIDSburger in paaaaaaaraaadiiiiise....AIDSburger and it ain't nice...................................
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 2:24 pm Offline
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm3652anywhere
I just watched the preview clip and it doesn't look like this episode will end up taking place in D.C. Or anything like that so I'm happy. I'm just not super excited for this episode or anything but I'll be completely happy if it just takes place in Town and involves ALL 4 boys, not just centered around Randy or Stan. Hopefully it'll just be another cool, old style SP episode.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 2:31 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
So we're going to have two plots in this one. One will be Randy being a hilarious idiot and the other will involve M&T's assessment of the economy through the eyes of Stan. That should work pretty well since I'm sure M&T are just like most of us in that the bullsh*t that tanked the economy makes as much sense to us as it would to a 10 year old.

There should be a fairly good balance of insightful smart comedy with the Stan plot and absurd "fart humor" in the Randy plot. I wonder what Randy's big idea will be to save the economy? Something tells me it will involve a bodily function.

Like Trey's anecdote from a 3rd season commentary about his dad's idea for a pill you'd take that would make your farts visible. Something like that.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
The first two episodes have been pretty decent, so I hope that this one can keep up with that and that Stan's part is going to be greater than Randy's. We haven't had a Stan or Kyle episode for quite a time. Anyway the preview looks rather promising.

Diabeteth wrote:
I'm going into this episode without expectations. Hopefully not having those high expectations will make the episode all the more enjoyable. Better than a letdown, right?

I noticed too that I tend to like episodes the most when I'm unbiased and don't have any negative or positive expectations.

RideTheLightning wrote:
I just watched the preview clip and it doesn't look like this episode will end up taking place in D.C. Or anything like that so I'm happy

I second that.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 2 of 4 58 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next