Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 3 of 4 58 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 5:04 pm Offline
Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:40 pm12
Hasn't Randy Marsh starred in enough episodes already?! I swear this one will suck ass even more than either "More Crap" or "Overlogging." I just wish that Stan and Kenny would have more episodes together without Kyle and Cartman. If this new episode is named "Margaritaville," wouldn't that mean Jimmy Buffett would make another appearance since "Tonsil Trouble?"
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 6:24 pm Offline
Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:44 pm38Alberta
Ooh, just a wild guess, but... is this going to draw similarities to the Roman empire?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 8:58 pm Offline
Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:31 pm4
This is going be about the recession isn't it :(

Wish you'd guys would make an old school episode like before, I'll still give this episode a try though
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 10:16 pm Offline
I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of something that's just wasting space. If A moderator finds this rant a waste of space, that's fine; I just think there's too many opinionated posts:
What's all this talk about "old school episodes"?
Do you want episodes where nothing exciting happens?It'd be all:
"Hey, Stan"
"Hey, dude."
"Hey, dudes."
"Hey fatass!"

And so on? The "old school" episodes people seem to be craving, are barely parts of episodes.
And of course, you can always watch reruns; maybe in a different language?!

Try and find an episode that has a literal and non-literal meaning. It seems the majority of the crowd, especially the critics trying to kill the show, either can't see the other message(s), or they use the literal one (Often fart jokes, racist, etc...) against.

To make this post valid:

To further prove this episode will probably mirror some Roman Empire aspect, Randy = Ceaser, and He'll take total control. They'll get drunk all the time or something... Stan will try to return the thing, and so on... yeah... no.... yeah...
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Mar 23, 2009 10:24 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
WiLLiaint wrote:
Ooh, just a wild guess, but... is this going to draw similarities to the Roman empire?

Maybe Rome, the TV series, not the Roman Empire per se.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 6:08 am Offline
Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:30 am19Michigan
OCTOMOM!!!!
She needs an episode!!
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 6:21 am Offline
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:52 pm5
I hope this is a good episode...

I like Randy, but sometimes he's just too much for me to take.

Can't wait 'til Wednesday night to find out!!

(Wonder if there will be any hints as to the identity of Mysterion in this ep....)
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 9:07 am Offline
Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:12 am25
Why we don't have option "discuss this episode" in Episode guide anymore?
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 am Offline
Big-Will wrote:
Maybe Rome, the TV series, not the Roman Empire per se.

Never Seen the TV show... But, that does sound plausible.

I guess another far-shoot idea would be it has some aspects of The Life of Brian... I remember Matt and/or Trey mentioning they liked it at some time or another...

Either way, I hope Randy speaks with a lisp...
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 11:20 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
poopydoopy wrote:
OCTOMOM!!!!
She needs an episode!!

Bring back the jackovasaurs? No way!
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 12:04 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18779I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:
poopydoopy wrote:
OCTOMOM!!!!
She needs an episode!!

Bring back the jackovasaurs? No way!

Speaking of which, I hear that she's getting government funds from the DOT now. Her ute has been declared a major highway.
I swear,this isht never gets old. :D

Y'know, I had a feeling people would have problems with this looking to be a Randy episode. I mean don't you guys realize by now that Randy and Butters are their favorite go-to characters?
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 2:13 pm Offline
Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:53 am166Up the loch
Now don't be sad y'all. I'm sure this episode will be good.

But I doubt that Mysterion will appear again. That was just a one off episode, like Willzyx.

I hope they never go back to the old episodes. If they did then all the good charm from them would disappear.

Randy has been used pretty badly last season, that might all change tomorrow night (Thursday for me)

Now put a smile on your faces
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 2:54 pm Offline
Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:20 pm176
Definitely seems to be an 'attempt at utopia' episode; I love series episodes like that. And nows a good time for one.

But I worry that episodes can get disposable; people become complacent and don't take a lesson from them; or only do when its fashionable. They sorta 'wait' for a show to tell them how to act intelligently (even if they know what they're doing wrong), and therefore totally miss the point, which is to take a new skill to help them think for themselves. Anyways.

Examples of sweet animated sitcom utopia-gone-wrong episodes:

Duckman - Exiles In Guyville (its on youtube)
The Simpsons - They Craved Lisa's Brain (I think thats the name of it)

And I suppose Cartman's SeaCiety in "The Simpsons Already Did It"
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 4:25 pm Offline
Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:53 pm5871Somewhere where you should look four ways before crossing...
When I saw the description of the episode, my first thoughts were that Randy would have a stupid reason for the economy failing and that he would get all of the other adults to think the same thing, like he did in Season 9's "Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow" episode where he thought that the reason for the beaver dam breaking was because of global warming when the real reason was that Stan crashed a boat into the dam. I don't doubt that Randy will do the same thing in the new episode and that the boys have to solve the problems.
"It's not over until someone gives up the ghost."- My own quote.
"You never know what'll happen when you're on... Snork Patrol!" -Corky
"Change, or die." -Chef Gordon Ramsay
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 24, 2009 5:52 pm Offline
I'm glad they took this week off, because, as I said before, how often does April 1st land on a Wednesday?!

Will the Coon be Coon-tinued?

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 3 of 4 58 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next