Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 12 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostSun Mar 29, 2009 1:01 pm Offline
Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:24 am3
Kwyjibo wrote:
This episode was fantastic. Brilliant, simply brilliant. In fact season 13 has already been much better season 12. We're slowly getting back to season 11 quality as every episode so far has been a winner in my book. Anyway I usually enjoy political episodes like this just because I enjoy seeing what Matt and Trey have to say about it. Occasionally they overdue it but luckily this one was right on the money. And Kyle's sermon on the mount made a scary amount of sense.

Another thing I loved about the episode was it was just plain hilarious! So many great moments from the bank guy at the beginning, the family eating hot dogs and tomatoes, Cartman only being heard and not seen, Garrison getting attacked by squirrels, the last supper pizza scene, and of course the chicken and the wheel. Funniest thing I've seen in a while. And of course the ending. Poor Kyle. I also enjoyed Stan's whole subplot and the pay off with him just destroying the Margaritaville and giving up. He never seems to get a break does he? Doesn't help that he has a moron for a dad.

Anyway this season 13 has been off to a great start. Let's hope they keep it up.
Great feedback! I completely agree with all your astute observations. :unhoodedkenny:
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostSun Mar 29, 2009 1:03 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
No! Not a double post! Great episode, though.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostSun Mar 29, 2009 5:23 pm Offline
Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:29 pm4
Matt and Trey still keep up with the violence. Awesome :assface:
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostSun Mar 29, 2009 7:26 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:36 pm5
I really loved this episode, every minute of it. Great spoof and the characters from "goobacks" just made it even better. I couldn't stop laughing for extensive periods during this episode.

Keep up the good work!!! :tweek:
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostSun Mar 29, 2009 7:53 pm Offline
Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:35 pm3
BLASPHEMY!!! They mocked our Messiah, Barak Obama. South Park will pay !!!! :evil:

Death to the infidels at South Park !!! :evil: :evil:
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostSun Mar 29, 2009 8:38 pm Offline
Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:08 am3
bastardstepchild wrote:
This episode went right off the deep end and was funny as hell. I loved when they consulted the "chart," which seemed to be an all out mockery of our government in general. When they brandished the chicken and the kazoo, I nearly blew out a lung from laughing so hard.

i agree , that was epic.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostTue Mar 31, 2009 7:43 am Offline
Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:39 pm2
Cartman's_Bitch 1:

Quote:
But there was more unsatisfying about the show than was great...

Quote:
Well, this is a cartoon, you know...

SP is one of the hippest, most popular cartoons out there. They do social satire and they do commentary. Millions of people pay attention to what Matt and Trey have to say in this show and for good reason. Hence this forum. Sorry if my venting about it upset you... :roll: .

Quote:
As usual, they take the questionable stance of claiming that the media's uncritical adoration of Obama is a reality...

Quote:
Because everyone hates bush. I do too. Besides, this joke was better because Obama is considered an inspiration: the joke becomes more edgy.

It's a joke that's been done many times already, possibly even more than the people who insist that he's the messiah. We must get our news and commentary from different places.

Quote:
... AIG, Goldman Sachs, Paulson and Bernanke, the SEC and the OTS - where were they? I could use a good laugh about them, and if South Park decided to go after them, I'm sure they'd do it right. Obvious targets, yes, but the episode's clear avoidance of them was glaring.

Quote:
Well dude, they only have 30 minutes. they can't cover everything. Give them a break.

This crisis isn't going away anytime soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they consider doing something about them in a future show! So many villians, so little time...

Quote:
I did like that both Randy and in the end Kyle were wrong: Kyle's debt payment for others sent the idiot adults out to incur more debt. That's certainly nothing to feel heroic about.

Quote:
I don't remember that happening.

I'm stretching a bit, but when Randy goes after the all-new improved Margaritaville and Sharon and Stan are wincing, we're assuming that Randy is going to pay for that thing with his credit card. Hence more debt. And as of last season, he'd lost his job! (not that it's necessarily true this season). But credit card purchases always constitute debt, short or long-term. :unhoodedkenny:
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostTue Mar 31, 2009 11:43 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Cartman's_bitch 1 wrote:
Quote:
I did like that both Randy and in the end Kyle were wrong: Kyle's debt payment for others sent the idiot adults out to incur more debt. That's certainly nothing to feel heroic about.
I don't remember that happening. :?

Steven: He's... paying for everyone's debts.
Randy: But that's... impossible. Why would he do this?
Man 15: So that people will have money to spend.
Man 16: He paid for our debts so we could spend once more.

So far, so true, but...

Anchor: Are we out of the woods yet? Only time will tell.

Lesson: Everything in moderation - don't spend yourself into debt, and don't be a tightwad with your money. Kyle and Randy are both wrong because they were set up as straw men here - they are the two extremes of the debate on economic recovery.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostTue Mar 31, 2009 2:02 pm Offline
Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:29 pm6Tübingen Germany
I was just reading the FAQ and stumbled across this one:

"Thursday, March 26, 2009
Why there were only 11 apostles at Kyle's last supper?"

a question that left me puzzled

jupp there are 12 kids shown in the image of Kyles last supper but if Kyle ^= Jesus then there are just 11 kids left, which leaves 11 apostles OR iam just blind (not too unlikely after gazing SOOO long at the pic, even started feeling a bit like william and his sailboat :shock: )

If unanswered iam having no other option than to stop thinking about it and return to work so plz help!

LG Maultasche

P.S.: Damn funny ep btw
Last edited by Maultasche on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostTue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm Offline
Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:31 pm221detroit: A.K.A a pile of snow and car parts.
Quote:
SP is one of the hippest, most popular cartoons out there. They do social satire and they do commentary. Millions of people pay attention to what Matt and Trey have to say in this show and for good reason. Hence this forum. Sorry if my venting about it upset you... :roll: .
Sorry if I sounded upset. I didn't know how god damn annoying I was. :(
Quote:

Post subject: Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion Reply with quote
Cartman's_Bitch 1:

Quote:
But there was more unsatisfying about the show than was great...

Quote:
Well, this is a cartoon, you know...

Quote:
As usual, they take the questionable stance of claiming that the media's uncritical adoration of Obama is a reality...

Quote:
Because everyone hates bush. I do too. Besides, this joke was better because Obama is considered an inspiration: the joke becomes more edgy.

It's a joke that's been done many times already, possibly even more than the people who insist that he's the messiah. We must get our news and commentary from different places.

Quote:
... AIG, Goldman Sachs, Paulson and Bernanke, the SEC and the OTS - where were they? I could use a good laugh about them, and if South Park decided to go after them, I'm sure they'd do it right. Obvious targets, yes, but the episode's clear avoidance of them was glaring.

Quote:
Well dude, they only have 30 minutes. they can't cover everything. Give them a break.

This crisis isn't going away anytime soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they consider doing something about them in a future show! So many villians, so little time...

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
I don't remember that happening.

I'm stretching a bit, but when Randy goes after the all-new improved Margaritaville and Sharon and Stan are wincing, we're assuming that Randy is going to pay for that thing with his credit card. Hence more debt. And as of last season, he'd lost his job! (not that it's necessarily true this season). But credit card purchases always constitute debt, short or long-term. :unhoodedkenny:
Eh. Can't be sure.

Quote:
Steven: He's... paying for everyone's debts.
Randy: But that's... impossible. Why would he do this?
Man 15: So that people will have money to spend.
Man 16: He paid for our debts so we could spend once more.

So far, so true, but...

Anchor: Are we out of the woods yet? Only time will tell.

Lesson: Everything in moderation - don't spend yourself into debt, and don't be a tightwad with your money. Kyle and Randy are both wrong because they were set up as straw men here - they are the two extremes of the debate on economic recovery.
I wasn't talking about that.
I...AM...GOD!!!-
The most truthful cartman quote.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostTue Mar 31, 2009 2:28 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Maultasche wrote:
I was just reading the FAQ and stumbled across this one:

"Thursday, March 26, 2009
Why there were only 11 apostles at Kyle's last supper?"

a question that left me puzzled

jupp there are 12 kids shown in the image of Kyles last supper but if Kyle ^= Jesus then there are just 11 kids left, which leaves 11 apostles OR iam just blind (not too unlikely after gazing SOOO long at the pic, even started feeling a bit like william and his sailboat :shock: )

If unanswered iam having no other option than to stop thinking about it and return to work so plz help!

LG Maultasche

P.S.: Damn funny ep btw

LOL that FAQ.

Yeah, one kid is missing, and that has to be Stan, who's off trying to get his father's money back for that Margaritaville.

If you're wondering why Ike is there, it's because he's Kyle's adopted brother. There's a James in the original Last Supper who was one of Jesus' brothers, so Ike represents him.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostTue Mar 31, 2009 3:53 pm Offline
Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:29 pm6Tübingen Germany
Thx very much for the ike/james info, haven't though of that!

But i wouldn't count Stan as the "missing" 12th kid, since he is on his journey to return the Margaritaville aside the storyline in Southpark.

*sigh* I guess the mystery remains unsolved for tonight. Maybe i should borrow that stupid maschine from the da vinci code movie to figure this one out... or maybe I should ask a god damn fortuneteller or something :wink:

Guess it's back to work then
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostWed Apr 01, 2009 5:09 am Offline
Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:19 am12
Even though this one wasn't "guffaw funny" like some others, it's definitely a keeper. Having been old enough to live through the previous Obama, er, Jimmy Carter adminsitration the "Margaritaville" was a good symbolic tie-in between the economies of the Suck-Ass-1970s and the Suck-Ass-2000's.

An unintentional funny for me was Kyle paying for everyone's "sins." Since kids and minors are not bound by contracts, I like the idea that everyone walks away scot free and Kyle can give the Credit Card people the middle flying fickle finger of finance! (LOL)

Finally, any episode that rips on Good Obama (come on!) is tops in my book (how about an episode with Obama making love to his teleprompter Garrison-Dawkins style?) ...
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 pm Offline
Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:16 pm2
Love how they integrated other episodes with this one

and dude, Obama humping a teleprompter? nasty...
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostFri Apr 03, 2009 8:07 am Offline
Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:23 am2
nall wrote:
Now airing on the east coast.

this episode slammed the media, the treasury (i.e. Timothy Geithner), and Obama all with one massive blow. I loved every minute of it.

Can a brother get a little common sense?!

Sort by  
Page 12 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next