Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 17 249 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostWed Mar 25, 2009 11:33 pm Offline
Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:34 pm16
The best episode since Major Boobage in my opinion. Trey and Matt did a phenomenal job putting this episode together. As expected I had high expectations for something as reputable as the economy. This episode did not disappoint me one bit! Love the short beginning speech when Randy Marsh uses Old English Dialogue. Also, I really liked the reference to Greek Philosophy when using such things like the Toga as everyone's apparel.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 12:40 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Excellent episode I did not expect kyle to have a big role in this episode i am pleased that i was wrong on that. Very funny in places "they took our jobs" and when stan threw the Margaritaville in with that dead chicken make me laugh & kyle was awesome in this too he is most probably in debt now.10/10 season 13 is great keep it up folks!!.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 12:43 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
I hope Kyle's rich lawyer dad will help out with that, or maybe we'll get an ep where Kyle is poorer than Kenny. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 12:54 am Offline
Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:11 pm25Los Angeles
FANTASTIC EPISODE! I never woulda guessed they'd take on the economy. The Life of Brian scene ("A friend shall lose his friend's hammer...") where all the different people were on soap boxes confidently spouting their version of WHY the economy has tanked was a perfect representation of what it's like going online to try and learn about why it's happening. If the economists don't agree, what chance do the rest of us have at understanding it? The Margaritavilles were a perfect illustration of how convoluted the finance industry has gotten. I think. And the chicken, oh dear lord I had to pause it until I stopped laughing!

Just like with Stephen King books, I think SP's best stories are the whole-town-goes-crazy ones.

Best episode of the season so far I think.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 1:14 am Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
The third simply-named episode of Season 13 continues with this season's simply-satisfying tendency to be awesome. Seriously, the first two episodes were fantastic, and this one is no exception.

The plot was entertaining and enthralling but it still made way for plenty of jokes, Bible-related or not. The parallelism could be seen a long way coming, but not in a bad way at all. It made me just sit and wonder how they were going to link the economy story with the Bible story, which added another level for me.

All characters were used effectively and humorously. Cartman as the Jew-hating Judas... Kyle as the level-headed protagonist... and Jimmy so he can cuss (which is a guaranteed laugh 100% of the time).

Thoroughly entertaining and probably the best of the season so far. 9.25/10 from me. If all of Season 13 is this consistently brilliant... then... well... that's awesome.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 am Offline
Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:46 am178
''''Freely you have received, freely give." (Matthew 10:8)
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 2:01 am Offline
Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:25 am2038outside of this galaxy
I give 8 of 10.
I like 13th season so far.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 2:11 am Offline
Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:28 am13
A good episode no doubt. Not the best of this season. That would have to be 'The Coon'- an episode that wasn't exactly great itself.

Good points
-Less of Cartman (especially when Kyle had a prominent role in this one, as Cartman-Kyle fighting AGAIN would've just made this episode suck)
-The headless chicken on the table was hilarious
-Matt and Trey having the guts and the vision to atleast give a different version(though I don't agree with it) from what the entire media has been spewing out.
-Liked how they represented the manner in which media has made Obama out to be a saviour ever since he won the election. This episode was most definitely a play on that.

Bad points
- Randy's character sucked majorly. His versatility as a character is going down. Over the past seasons he has had the stale persona of an excessively exaggerating person who prophesizes a doomsday scenario when things are bleak and takes on the mantle of a troubleshooter. Fantastic Easter Special, Pandemic and the sequel, Overlogging, Night of the Living Homeless, Two days before the Day After tomorrow and now this. He is one of the most exciting character in SP. I hope they just keep him more low key rather than doing this.

That was the only bad point in this episode.

btw Whatever happened to Ned? Let's give him some airtime too. :unhoodedkenny:
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 3:00 am Offline
Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:30 am3
OMG LOL THIS EPIODE WAS AWESOMENESS!!!
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 3:01 am
And another 10/10 (or higher) SP from season 13 8)

More analysis later. Like in 1302 where the signs intrigued me so much that Big-Will made a picture of The Headquarters of Doom (thanks again, BW :D ), I have some ideas percolating now to discuss shortly.

-until then, have a pleasant day, South Park Studios, both "officials" of SPS and us the "registered users."

Again, 10/10 or higher :)

-BC
Last edited by BigCamera4892 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostThu Mar 26, 2009 3:02 am Offline
Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:55 am3
hahaha kyle (:
the end cracked me up
kenny!
this episode was legit!
Last edited by allyssa on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 3:02 am Offline
Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:47 am51
I liked this episode, but they didn't mention what caused this specific down-turn, which was HOUSING, not Margitavillas, lol. Houses are a little bit more important than Margitas ... people don't have houses, they become homeless, and you remember how that episode went! Also, I think they over-exaggerated the government's choices - they pick who gets the bail-outs based on who pays their own wallets, damn lobbyists. Senator Dobb and AIG is a prime example of this.

If anything, we need less money going around the turn-tables, and more money going into the hands of the common man, the common man who does common things. If you just, "reset" the economy like they wanted too, it would revert our currency to 0. It would be worthless!

But then again, I did like the episode, and I do see their points. Humanity, while corrupt, is still generally to its base - good. And both the producer and the consumer is needed in every household, or more people will get fired for not meeting the demand for luxury.

This is why I believe we should forgive the rich for their private jets and the poor for their petty crimes, because in the end it really doesn't matter anyway. If it is one thing I've learned, it is that there isn't of everything for anything (or the lack thereof) to everyone, and to that, the base of man is corrupt. Therefore, man is corrupt because he wants. But is this corruption? The truth is, you don't need to live. You want to live. Is it therefore corrupt to eat or not eat a sandwich? Of course not. That is why we truly base our currency (EDIT: and laws) on how corrupt people are. When that Chicago senator recently got flagged for being corrupt - his defense was, "well, every politician does the same. I just got my hand caught in the cookie jar and in the wrong position at the wrong time." It's like a 14 year old getting caught masturbating. 2/3 males will experience wet dreams in their lifetimes. Do you know what the other 1/3 were doing? Masturbating before they were 14 (I'm throwing 14 as a ball-park figure, it is probably lower).

But you see my point. They are taking the libertarian approach by saying, "everybody is corrupt, get over it, let's start over."
Last edited by Mackerni on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 3:11 am
Mackerni wrote:
I liked this episode, but they didn't mention what caused this specific down-turn, which was HOUSING, not Margitavillas, lol. Houses are a little bit more important than Margitas

Please excuse me Mackerni for not quoting you in your entirety. I just wanted to make two points - one to your post, and one unrelated to your post.

The Margaritaville dealt not with the current housing problems of course but with the current credit problems. It seemed the Marsh family financed the balance of their purchase price of their Margaritaville, and other companies bought up all the credit, yeah . . . no . . . yeah . . . . no . . . . yeah. That lead to a big group holding the credit, and that's what melted down in the episode.

My unrelated point to your post: That chicken without a head brings back memories. In 3rd or 4th grade we had a field trip to a chicken farm. Our parents signed permission slips. We were supposed to see eggs and baby chicks. We also saw workers cutting off the heads of chickens :shock:

Mackerni, I tell you from personal observation: chickens without heads do run around for a while as the chicken did in the treasury department. Oh, childhood memories. But I digress.

-BC
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 3:25 am Offline
Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:47 am51
BigCamera4892 wrote:
Mackerni wrote:
I liked this episode, but they didn't mention what caused this specific down-turn, which was HOUSING, not Margitavillas, lol. Houses are a little bit more important than Margitas

Please excuse me Mackerni for not quoting you in your entirety. I just wanted to make two points - one to your post, and one unrelated to your post.

The Margaritaville dealt not with the current housing problems of course but with the current credit problems.

Hmm ... I thought credit problems were ALWAYS a big issue, it was just people were using their bad credit to finance housing because they thought they could turn a profit from that. You know, money for nothing.

But I guess I do see your point, and their's... I guess South Park is an, "every man's show". Most people probably don't do that.
Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion PostThu Mar 26, 2009 3:31 am Offline
Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:06 pm18
I really enjoyed this episode. Laughed too. I don't do that. I didn't see Kyle's storyline coming. great.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 17 249 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next