Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 6 79 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 3:25 pm Offline
Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:14 pm74Maryland
sweet! more sp! :D :D
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 4:10 pm Offline
Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:19 pm3
I remember doing that as a kid. It was pointless, but worth it to see if what you built would win. Today, it's pointless.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 4:41 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
fishsticks wrote:
Most Randy episodes are hilarious. But is anyone else expecting a Fast and Furious spoof? Some movie spoofs are good, but I like the other episodes better.

Um, yeah. I've just been too busy talking about the cars to bring it up. :oops: :D
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 5:28 pm Offline
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm3652anywhere
I'm trying to think of how the climax of this episode will be. The climax will obviously be the race itself but that's like 10 seconds or so of a small wooden car moving. How the hell are Matt and Trey going to make the little race itself not seem really lame?
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 5:44 pm Offline
Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:42 pm13
Yay! This sounds interesting.
Of course Kyle won't be in the scout part of this one; he's in Jewscouts. ^^
Favorite South Park characters:
1. Eric Cartman
2. Kenny McCormick
3. Stan Marsh
4. Kyle Brofloski
5. Wendy Testaburger

"You know you're addicted when you think Kenny's hot..." Me.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 5:46 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
I have some predictions:

Randy is going to be obsessed with building the perfect car and winning. He may even 'cheat' in order to win, in which case he'd have to realize that cheating to win is against the Boy Scout's purpose of 'building character.' Stan will resent his dad's enthusiasm and will lose interest in the Derby.

Sharon will try to help Randy come to his senses to no avail (like in The Losing Edge) and we'll probably see Randy in some sight gag that reveals how out of proportion his reactions to the situation is (like when he shaved his head and put himself in a wheelchair in Bloody Mary.)

I could be wrong, but I think by now the Randy/Stan dynamic is pretty well established.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 5:46 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:40 am438
I wanna see Kyle in this one as well, but he's Jewish :(
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 5:57 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
triplemultiplex wrote:
Ah yes, I remember the pinewood derby. I recall getting beat pretty bad and getting totally bummed but then to my surprise, I wound up winning the trophy for best design.

As for the episode, there's a sit-com cliche' they're going to have to either avoid or embrace:
The dad who's only supposed to "help" his kid build something, but winds up doing the whole thing himself. And in the end we all learn a lesson about something and there's a touching, father/offspring moment and the audience goes, "Aawwww...."

They either have to avoid this completely or just totally make fun of it.

Oh, man, if they end up doing that cliche without completely making fun of it, I'm going to be pissed. I
have seen it HOW many times? If they do it, they need to make it look really, really, stupid. That way next time it comes up I can just start laughing instead of getting annoyed.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 8:19 pm Offline
Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:28 pm22My Computer
The episode doesn't look to promising but its MnT, they always have something up their sleeves.
But, I am glad to see another Randy episode!!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 13, 2009 9:56 pm Offline
Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:20 pm176
I hope its a really simple episode with good dialogue... SP has memorable dialogue, but part of that is how much certain themes are repeated in it... like last week, Kanye couldn't go very long without saying, once again, that he was a genius or not a fish. I love when the characters feel a bit more real; like in something like Home Movies.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 14, 2009 10:56 am Offline
Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:44 pm38Alberta
I expect Randy will flashback to his days of building a car for the Derby.
Will it get out of hand? Probably.
Looks like a good episode...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 14, 2009 12:12 pm Offline
Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:33 pm6
One can only hope it's a Randy heavy episode. I think they could make a side show with Randy as the main character and it would be golden!

I like the idea of a Fast and Furious spoof. Randy's gonna try and put nitrous in the derby car or something. Stan will have to face some Japanese souped up Honda derby car or something in the end.

Make me laugh Randy!
Whaddya wanna do? Huh? Whaddya wanna do? I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 14, 2009 12:48 pm Offline
Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:29 pm264new york
when its a randy episode it looks good hope it has more stan than randy go stan :stanpuke:
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 14, 2009 5:33 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
First time i've ever heard of these things. Can't wait till 2morrow :D
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 14, 2009 6:03 pm Offline
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:32 pm6352with all the rich bastards
going back to that cliche point, they probably are gonna make fun of it. randy is totally the dad to do something like that, so i wouldn't be surprised if he goes too in depth with making just a stupid wooden car. i just hope it's a good one with a simple plot, those are always the best.
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 4 of 6 79 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next