Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 am Offline
Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:37 am6
I haven't re-watched it yet but my impression is different from most here. I didn't think it was funny at all. In fact it was so embarrassingly un-funny, it made me uncomfortable. This was almost worse than Jackovosaur. Even if the episode is a commentary on returning to the Gold Standard or performance enhancing drugs, at least make it funny for chrissakes. And just because your a SP fan doesn't mean you have to like every episode. I'll watch it again at some point and see if my opinion changes. But it was so bad I don't feel the need to see it again like I usually do.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 10:24 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Nice one.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 10:50 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:38 am3
heymanman wrote:

yet, the people remain oblivious to what is really unfolding do to the whitewash of mainstream media and entertainment.

Open your eyes people. Don't believe everything mainstream media tells you, and think for yourself!

We give it value through faith, faith of the monetary system and the economy.

I dodnt say that because you putted link for movie, i said it because of this lines that are tooked from the movie literaly. I think people should always think with their own mined, not liste to Zeitgest or politicans literaly, its the same thing! I think that Zeigest movie is going in one direction- More lie is bigger more people will believe in it! For a countries which democraties are not so strong (like mine) movies like this can efect on young poeple who follow internet and modern stuff, that are main recorce for democray in every country, to turn them against it!

(sorry for my bad english writting, its not my first lengauge)
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 11:02 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 am1
I cant watch any episodes what is this and how do i solve it can anybody help me out?? i got flash 10 so thats not the problem if u ask me... please let me know.

thnx in advance
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 11:17 am Offline
Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:37 am3
I don't understand all the hate this episode's been getting. For all of you who always complain that South Park isn't what it was in the early seasons, you have no reason to complain this time around. The episode had nothing to do with any current events, didn't resort to toilet humor, and wasn't particularly preachy. It was simply true-to-form South Park absurdity.

I, for one, loved it.

9.5/10
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 11:33 am Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:08 am1
Oh my god! i cant believe ppl who say this episode sux! This makes fun of the whole reason why aliens have SHUNNED us. We are always wondering when aliens are going to show up, but the truth is they NOT, based on the reasons stated in this episode. Where just not worthy to them. lol They Nailed it. Good job.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 11:43 am Offline
Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:35 pm12Denver
I usually don’t negatively critique South Park for they very reason that I know I couldn’t do it better, but I have to say that this is by far the worst episode of what has so far been a very good season. The only positive was that they went all they way on their depiction of world leaders, even got Vanhanen's glasses right, so you have to give the animators major props on that one.

As for the content, lame. Someone said it seemed rushed. I have to agree this appeared very rushed. It’s as if they went in with the underlying plot that Earth would be shut out from the universe because of its greed and the one joke that Randy would dress up as Princess Leia. The rest? They just filled in with clutter a la Family Guy. Might as well do a Best Of episode if you're going in with a plotline that thin.

Really. Anytime you have Stan as a supporting character with no humorous or sarcastic lines and Cartman, Kenny, Butters and everyone else as a stand-in, you know you have a poorly planned episode on your hands. Unless of course, they plan to do with this one, what they did with the meteor shower in Season 3, but I don’t see that happening.
I will do my German dance for you, it's fun and gay and tra-la-la...
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:23 pm Offline
Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:34 am5
Nooo! Not Finland...
Where am I gonna live now?
It was a good episode though, made me laugh...
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:44 pm
On reflection, the alien that Stan stabbed in the neck seemed like a familiar character to me. It hit me in the middle of the night looking through some of my family's DVD/VHS collection:

The alien Baby Fark McGee-zax reminded me of is that of Edward G. Robinson's role of "Rico" in "Little Caesar," whose catch phrase was: "See?"
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 12:49 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
Ok, so I decided to watch it again.

I didn't feel too happy with the way I received it the first time, maybe because I was too flummoxed to tell what I was watching. Well, second time through, it was better. Not by alot, but it was better.

I realize the commentary on how greedy the world is... and it kind of hits home in today's society. That being said, the laughs were still minimal, and the plot was still haywire.

But I'm revising my score to a 7/10

...Not that anyone cares, but there you go :wink:
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 1:03 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
I just saw it, it was kinda funny. I had a few laughs when the car flew off the tracks and into space. And randy kept lying to the space cops. It's good stan told the truth about him winning the derby race. But i thought it was kinda messed up when that kids dad killed himself. I'll give this one a 7/10, hoping 1307 will be even better.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 1:04 pm Offline
Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:18 pm70Hilton NY
Second best episode this season, behind Fishsticks. Hope the Half-Season Finale is even better than both of them. Good job Matt and Trey.
Favorite Character: Jimmy
Favorite Episode: Krazy Kripples
Last edited by JamesBray on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 1:12 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:22 pm7Chicago
This episode sucked.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 1:20 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
africanviolet wrote:
This episode sucked.

That's not the right way to present your opinion.

Even though I don't like to agree with all those people that are saying "Go back to the roots!" I was pretty dissappointed by this episode. The only part I really liked was the stuff with Finland. It was, overall, the worst episode of season 13. But I loved all the others. This gets a 4.5, and keep in mind I think 5 is average. I thought it would be all about a big race...haha...
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 16, 2009 1:45 pm Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:27 pm1
Hi guys. I'm from Germany and lately discovered that you can watch all the episodes online, even the new ones *yeah*. Since then I'm looking forward for thursday every week (due to the time difference - is it the right word?).
But today... I've the same problem as Duncanvanerven. I can't watch any episode. Does anybody know why?

And when I try to watch any other episode of the latest season then there's a message saing:
"Due to pre-existing Contractual Obligations, we cannot stream this episode until"
Does anyone know what exactly it means? And why all of a sudden?

Sort by  
Page 8 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next