Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 12 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 17, 2009 10:10 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
SajiNoKami wrote:
:zombiekenny:
I am a funyun.

I'm a fungi.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 17, 2009 11:03 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Oh my God, there's a fungus among us! Kill it with fire!
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 pm
I really enjoyed this episode. As I said in a previous post, science fiction has been a hugh part of South Park, especially in the early seasons. The first episode dealt with aliens, and many episodes dealt with space ships and Star Trek and some Star Wars references.

But for those who still didn't like this episode, or don't like the whole genre of science fiction, how about going back a few hundred years to Shakespeare?

Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before the genre of science fiction and before stories of outer space were ever written. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies South Park.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Apr 17, 2009 11:41 pm Offline
Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:10 am10
It's just not South Park anymore.
A kind of ghostly town has replaced the real one, though it still calls itself the same name.
It grew up steadily during the Season 12 and finally it has taken over. Like Silent Hill or something. A cursed town not even populated with characters we used to know, but rather decorated with their dummies to look like it's still South Park. And it's surely not. Now it is flooded with all kinds of monsters like Jonas Brothers, Queef Sisters, world f*cking leaders, space cops and so on. They actually rule this frightening "Brave New World". The old South Park though still exists somewhere in a parallel dimension, showing us its real face from time to time. But that’s more like a mirage now, an exception which only confirms the rule. And the rule is that South Park has gotten possessed by some evil spirit and needs a good deal of exorcism right away.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 12:12 am Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
Butters The Savior wrote:
A kind of ghostly town has replaced the real one, though it still calls itself the same name.
It grew up steadily during the Season 12 and finally it has taken over. Like Silent Hill or something. A cursed town not even populated with characters we used to know, but rather decorated with their dummies to look like it's still South Park. And it's surely not. Now it is flooded with all kinds of monsters like Jonas Brothers, Queef Sisters, world f*cking leaders, space cops and so on. They actually rule this frightening "Brave New World". The old South Park though still exists somewhere in a parallel dimension, showing us its real face from time to time. But that’s more like a mirage now, an exception which only confirms the rule. And the rule is that South Park has gotten possessed by some evil spirit and needs a good deal of exorcism right away.

That... just sounds dumb. sorry.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 1:06 am Offline
Sure. But the people constantly praising this "South Park ghost" sound even dumber, though they cannot understand it, for they are totally zombified.
Sorry about that too.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 1:14 am Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
"zombified"? What is this, a prophecy? And the ones who make intelligent arguments don't sound dumb.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 1:33 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA

Doesn't sound too far from pissed off turkeys, visitors, four-assed monkeys, Satan and Damien, Jesus, Mecha-Streisand, God, the Marklar, David Hasselhoff, Jakovasaurs, underpants gnomes, and so on...
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 1:54 am Offline
But they did't DEFINE the Show. Not in the slightest. And now they do. That's the difference.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 2:46 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:

Doesn't sound too far from pissed off turkeys, visitors, four-assed monkeys, Satan and Damien, Jesus, Mecha-Streisand, God, the Marklar, David Hasselhoff, Jakovasaurs, underpants gnomes, and so on...

...David Hasselhoff?!?! Whut?

Edit: Oh, I forgot about Tom's Rhinoplasty. Never mind.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 3:27 am Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
Whmmm! wrote:
You can have the strangest plot in the world but if you don't have amazing humor to back it up then you're in trouble.
That said, I think the reason I didn't like this episode much is because it wasn't realistic. OK South Park has never been a super realistic show but there are some episodes where you think that kind of thing could actually happen and those are the ones I enjoy the most. Not much in this episode could actually happen. There's nothing realistic about it, and hardly anything to relate to. It's just strange.

I agree with you, though I love the strange storylines, as long as they are funny and even when they're not that funny but well executed like the "Flashbacks" one.
This one wasn't bad, but it lacked humor.

RideTheLightning wrote:
What happened to South Park? The show about "Kids being kids" the show that Matt and Trey always said, "Well the way we think of it is you always had your fat, racist friend, there was always the poor kid, the smart Jewish kid, the regular kid. And we'd say 'Well what pissed us off as a kid? Well losing our dog and finding him always pissed us off' and then at that point we'd just make the dog gay."

Watch an old episode and you'll see that the whole episode was the kids in school, at the bus stop, in a house and Kyle and Cartman were always fighting, Stan and Kyle were always talking, etc. but now there's none of the kids. Now every episode are other characters who we don't give a sh*t about like Kanye West or Carlos Mencia or Mickey Mouse or The Jonas Brothers or The Coon or Randy or Aliens or World Leaders or whatever.

If you compare how much the kids have been in season 13 compared to season 1 you'd realize the show isn't even about them anymore.

I agree. Seson 13 has been better than seson 12 so far as it had at least three really good episodes (the first three) already in its first half, but I really miss the main characters (not Randy Marsh) talking and reacting to each other. I even liked SP better when it was the Cartman-show instead of the Randy Marsh-show, because in the former there was still some place for character interaction.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 am Offline
Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:05 am42
Norwegian wrote:
---Well, Finland is not a part of Scandinavia, and you never will be. Finland is a part of the Nordic countries, but not Scandinavia. Perhaps your answer lies there? Or perhaps the Danes are special, like the Canadians? :) ---

Officially just "the arm of Finland" is part of Scandinavia (if you imagine map of Finland looks like a lady). So you can say Finland is sorta part of it... :)

EDIT: Oh, and Finland, too, gets that "sorry, Scandinavia!" message when trying to watch full episodes ;)
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 am Offline
Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:38 pm5
nne wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
---Well, Finland is not a part of Scandinavia, and you never will be. Finland is a part of the Nordic countries, but not Scandinavia. Perhaps your answer lies there? Or perhaps the Danes are special, like the Canadians? :) ---

Officially just "the arm of Finland" is part of Scandinavia (if you imagine map of Finland looks like a lady). So you can say Finland is sorta part of it... :)

EDIT: Oh, and Finland, too, gets that "sorry, Scandinavia!" message when trying to watch full episodes ;)

True, but unoffically Finland is referred to scandinavia also.
I was wuite thrilled that Finland was in that episode, and after all we were right about telling the truth :lol:

Did anyone recocnize that one character as Finland Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen?
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t187 ... 1240065248

btw. Lets not take this offtopic anymore :)
Last edited by TuPP3 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 7:38 am Offline
Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:45 pm9
*LOVE* =)

This season is so much better than 12
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 10:04 am Offline
Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:28 am3
nne wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

It was actually possible to watch full episodes on this site a few years ago. Too bad it's not allowed anymore, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Let's hope that the governments of Norway and Finland does something crazy in the near future so that we might be included in another episode, it's fun to be recognized! :D

Sort by  
Page 12 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next