Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 13 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 10:49 am Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
This episode rocked. This is classic comedy coming off the completely insane frontal lobes of Trey and Matt. Even in their deranged sleep-deprived off-the-cuff whatever they can pull off an episode of the highest quality (edit: granted, the T&M last minute magic doesn't work all the time, but this time it did.)

The post after mine is dumb. Don't read it.
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 11:18 am Offline
Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:10 am10
A perfect example of what I've been talking about. The new "target audience": day-walking, rubbish-mumbling happy-go-lucky zombies, bringing South Park to the very bottom, to its own zombie-like state.

Alas, no use of preaching. Everythig's in vain now…
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 11:30 am Offline
Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:45 pm9
Butters The Savior wrote:
A perfect example of what I've been talking about. The new "target audience": day-walking, rubbish-mumbling happy-go-lucky zombies, bringing South Park to the very bottom, to its own zombie-like state.

Alas, no use of preaching. Everything's in vain now…

You sir, are a fag :D

Nice to meet you!

I'm well aware of south park's wrinkles (and increasingly lowbrow constituency as a result), but if you don't appreciate the spirit of this episode that means you never liked Trey and Mat's cartoon in the first place
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 11:32 am Offline
Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:45 pm9
Also cursefilter is wack.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 2:17 pm Offline
Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:01 am2
Horrible episode i was very disappointed..
the whole story bored me to tears..the beginning was funny as sh*t, then after the cops came and randy was being all defensive, it went down hill everything was bad then alien thing, baby micgirrfuhbchsb, what his name was, the planet group,it was all lame!, horrible episode, just dreadful..sorry south park! i just expected more from you especially after fish sticks. :( :assface: :evil:
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 3:34 pm Offline
Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:08 pm1
That was an interesting episode. It was a little wierd and probably the least funny of the season but it still had the classic South Park humour. Also, to all those saying they don't like the new episodes because they don't focus on the kids as much as they used to, you're ignorant (Mr. Jefferson, haha). Yes, the first few seasons featured the kids but they also had the adults in strong sub-plots. Randy, Sheila, and especially Mr. Garrison had plots centre around them in many episodes. For example ``Ike`s Wee Wee`` is a classic however it would have been better if it was made into two episodes, one about the kids and the briss and the other about Mr. Mackay doing drugs. I think M&T realized this and have gone towards a more sucessful one-plot format which means some episodes focus on the kids and others do not. ``Pinewood Derby`` would have been less enjoyable if a Cartman, Kyle, or Butters sub-plot was added.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 3:45 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.

f*ck you!!! :x
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 4:21 pm Offline
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm84
People are at such extremes for the love or hate of the episode.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 4:44 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
No, I said that because he was insulting my friend PT.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 6:42 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110

You're an imperfect example of pseudo-intellectual hubris.

..as is the hope of ever losing your virginity.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 7:22 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
WyattEarp wrote:
That was an interesting episode. It was a little wierd and probably the least funny of the season but it still had the classic South Park humour. Also, to all those saying they don't like the new episodes because they don't focus on the kids as much as they used to, you're ignorant (Mr. Jefferson, haha). Yes, the first few seasons featured the kids but they also had the adults in strong sub-plots. Randy, Sheila, and especially Mr. Garrison had plots centre around them in many episodes. For example ``Ike`s Wee Wee`` is a classic however it would have been better if it was made into two episodes, one about the kids and the briss and the other about Mr. Mackay doing drugs. I think M&T realized this and have gone towards a more sucessful one-plot format which means some episodes focus on the kids and others do not. ``Pinewood Derby`` would have been less enjoyable if a Cartman, Kyle, or Butters sub-plot was added.

I think Ike's Wee Wee is fine the way it is, thankyouverymuch. Splitting it into two episodes would have ruined it. And I don't completely mind adults getting screen time... I just want the kids to get plenty of time, too. That's the sort of thing I like seeing in an episode. If an episode has a plot involving the kids and another plot involving an adult, I always prefer the plot with the kids. Cherokee Hair Tampons makes a perfect example in my mind. Mr. Garrison kept that from being on my list of favorite episodes ever.

HOWEVER. My opinion is not the only valid opinion. If you would prefer Ike's Wee Wee as two episodes, that is perfectly fine. I'm sure that plenty of fans love seeing the adults. I'm sure that plenty of people loved the Cherokee Hair Tampons plot of Mr. Garrison writing his gay romance novel. We have many different views of South Park, and no one is ignorant for having an opinion you disagree with.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 7:52 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:37 pm6
The Mexican President in this episode looks pretty similar to the real president Felipe Calderon... he is a dickface (es un pendejo cara de verga) :lol:

g r a c i a s M & T !
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Apr 18, 2009 11:46 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm49Boise, I-da-ho
I have to say this... there are way to many people bitching about how this episode sucked. It is a TV show for god sakes.... Not all episodes are going to be to everyones liking. I am so sick of reading how M&T should do this or that!!!! If you don't like SP for what it is then watch family guy or something.... I have episodes that aren't my favorite and I have ones that I have watched over 100 times. But I bon't bitch about the ones that I don't like. I just don't watch them. I know your supposed to voice your opinion in this forum about post airing of the show.... but if your going to post something, aleast be constructive and stop whining like little 2 year olds!!!
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 am Offline
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:40 am46
Will never be remembered as a classic but I do like Randy as the lead character. It was a very simple idea by Matt & Trey with the addition of maybe Cartman it would have been better.
The Beast is here!!!!

"Yid army Yid army"
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 19, 2009 3:54 pm Offline
Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:44 pm38Alberta
Pip Tweek wrote:

You're an imperfect example of pseudo-intellectual hubris.

Yep. Just because people like something you don't, doesn't mean they are brain dead plebeians.
This episode seems to be big problem because people can't handle with any episodes that contain adults.
To those people I say: Why don't you go watch Peanuts, if you can't handle it? It's almost the same.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't

Sort by  
Page 13 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next