Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 14 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 19, 2009 4:16 pm Offline
  • YIM
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:50 pm3709America's Next Door Neighbour, Canada
I've actually liked this season so far. This or Fish Sticks is as of now, my favorite in season 13.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 19, 2009 6:10 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
I've actually liked this season so far. This or Fish Sticks is as of now, my favorite in season 13.

OMG! Hat! :D
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Apr 19, 2009 10:48 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm49Boise, I-da-ho
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:

I agree 10000000000000000%!!! This season has been wonderful!!
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 20, 2009 5:56 am Offline
Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:39 pm30Nashville, TN
Hmmmm...I think (but I'm not sure) that there's been more discussion about this episode, right off the bat, than most of the other episodes this season. Just browsing quickly through the posts, I've seen debate about the validity of "space cash," reminiscences about the Pinewood Derby (I totally lost the Pinewood Derby the one year I was in Cub Sprouts), discussion of the surreal nature of the episode, etc., etc.

My own opinion is that this was an average episode of SP: a fun little message, a few gags, a bizarre premise, and we're done. Not the best episode, but not the worst either. I'm just a bit surprised that people are discussing it as much as they are.

I would say also that Stan came through the adventure with his customary integrity intact. Stan usually seems to be the one who learns the lessons, despite all the odds. Randy rarely learns any lessons, Kyle often learns a lesson, and we know Cartman only ever cares about Cartman.

Incidentally, I find it interesting that we barely saw anything of Kyle, Kenny or Cartman in this episode (I think I remember seeing Kenny in the stands at the Derby).

Just my $.02...
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 20, 2009 1:55 pm Offline
Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:28 pm1
I've seen every episode of South Park, and even bad ones are good.

As far as this one goes like many other episodes this season it showed it was thrown together at the last minute with no real idea for a show. I like the fact that they wing it now days at the last minute. Sometimes it's gold and sometimes it's crap. It seems this season has produced a little more crap IMO.

My ranking of episodes so far this season from best to worst would be:

1. Margaritaville
2. Fishsticks
3. The Ring
4. Eat, Pray, Queef
5. The Coon
6. Pinewood Derby
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Apr 20, 2009 8:49 pm Offline
Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:15 pm37Canada
I think the only reason I enjoyed this episode was because Trey and Matt actually knew about CERN. I was actually surprised to see this in South Park, it was the last thing I was expecting, maybe it had something to do with the release of ' Angels & Demons '

It was enjoyable and I think the best part of the whole thing was when the car shot into space.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Apr 21, 2009 3:39 am Offline
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:55 am3
I think this episode is very interesting satire of the recent G20 summit meeting. They must have admitted this crisis and saught appropriate ways to internationally cooperate to solve it. Instead, each country just tried to keep their advantage and the meeting ended up with no practical solutions. Like this, in this episode, they killed an alien robber, took his swag space cash, and nuked Finland, which is a country farthest away from this crisis. "Space cash" is also relly great tool to satire world key currency, US dollar. The alien ambassador, who pretended to be a space robber early in the episode, says, "Space cash is only worth when your planet decides it is worth." Like space cash, USD is also "only worth when [we] decide it is worth." However, we've lived for years in the world where people have thought this bunch of bills have real value. It just represents the value of the real fortune that we have.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 12:54 pm Offline
Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:12 am9
I personally loved this episode, especially when they decided that Finland had to be taken care of. I thought it was a very refreshing, old school style zany humor type of episode. It was a simple plot, instead of trying to force two plots together. And every time the chinese spoke I busted out. I miss the City Wok guy!!!1
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 23, 2009 7:05 am Offline
Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:59 am1
I totally agree with vivaso80! great episode, full of allusions.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostMon May 04, 2009 2:23 pm Offline
Sat May 02, 2009 8:36 pm13
I love this episode It's fuc*ing hilarious, I love the bit about the space cash!!
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun May 10, 2009 7:40 am Offline
Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:27 am1
very cool episode :D
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSun May 10, 2009 12:17 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
My thoughts on the episode-

Plot: What the hell. This was supposed to be about a big pinewood derby race, not Randy talking to the world leaders! The plot had so much potential, but went totally off course. This reminds me a lot of "Britney's new look" where the beginning was OK but the rest the episode just failed, and a big reason being the plot taking a turn for the worse. And just like Britney's new look, this had so much potential, but wasted it. In this category, 1/10.

Jokes: A few good ones in beginning. I was laughing when Randy was dressed up as Princess Leia. After that, though, the jokes came up short or just weren't there at all. That was pretty disappointing. This category, 3.5/10

Miscallunous: The whole sturcture here was whacked. It only used many inaduquate, one shot jokes. I don't normally mind this, but in previous episodes, the jokes were actually funny. In this one, it started out OK. In the middle, I was really confused. And then the end was boring. I had really high hopes for this one. They were not reached.

Overall, 2/10.

Now, I may sound harsh, but I'm just voicing my opinion. If you liked this episode, then good for you. But I didn't. So don't attack me for saying this. I'm not furious with Matt and Trey and never gonna watch this again (That would be ridiculous) but I think this was a poor quality episode. The rest of t
his season was great. But just about every season has their failures. Heres the one for season 13.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostThu May 28, 2009 2:42 pm Offline
Thu May 28, 2009 2:34 pm1
WTF?

Mexico is not a poor country..

Is ridiculous to call mexico a thirdworld country ¬¬...

We actually are a capitalist country, places like DF are full of skyscrapers, buildings and a lot of sh*t like that...

We maybe are a second New York XD

I dont know why Americans always think that we are a poor country, it makes no sense...
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Jun 13, 2009 2:24 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:49 pm1
I laughed my ass off when Randy gave Stan the talk on "how to lie" by looking away touching your ear and scratching your neck, and then he says "I love you Stan" and does all of those things.
Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Jul 24, 2009 1:01 am Offline
Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:51 am169Norway, Bergen
I love this episode! It was one of the DERP episodes, and the DERP episodes (like The Biggest Douche In The Universe, Child Abduction Is Not Funny(with the Gelgamax and The Queen Spider) South Park Is Gay!, Pandemic-episodes etc) is very funny!

And why are people always complaining about what M&T should or should not do? It would be boring if they wouldn't make some changes at all during 13 f*cking seasons. They are the writers of SP, and if you don't like how SP is these days then you can geeeeeet out..
"Well I dont want to say anything, Kyle but I think maybe this is what your family get's for being jewish on Christmas Time."

"Oh my science..."

Sort by  
Page 14 of 17 249 posts Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next