Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 19 285 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 7:38 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5689The Mormon Homeland
Pretty quick resolution to this story, but man was that funny. Pardon the pun, but I was totally on board with this episode.

Cartman's catch phrase for the episode didn't wear too thin. It was used just enough and in the right places to keep it funny.
I liked Ike in the scene where he & Butters talk to that one pirate.

The first half of season 13 was pretty solid. Lots of good stuff. The renaissance continues.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 7:41 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
shabobbleofchina wrote:
How awesome would it be if Token went with Cartman?

"Don't shoot the white ones!"

Oh god, that would have been the weirdest combination of sad and hilarious. Which is saying a lot for South Park.

The ending almost seemed kinda rushed, but it was still great.
I kinda wonder what happened next, but really, that isn't necessary as part of the episode. They ended up going home next, right? Nothing particularly interesting.

Overall, great episode. Tied to current events, but not something that would lose its humor with zero knowledge of current events. I was afraid that the kids would lose some time to adults after ending up hostages, but they didn't. Now that I think about it... it WAS a kids-being-kids episode!
I loved how Kyle and Stan were discussing over the phone that Cartman was gone. And even though I saw it coming that Kyle was about to find out that Ike had gone to be a pirate and Kyle would go after him, I still loved it. And Cartman getting all the pirates to follow him? That is exactly what we should have expected from our Cartman! How on earth did I forget?

Oh. I love all of season 13's references to past episodes. Don't know why, but that makes me happy.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 7:42 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:46 pm49Boise, I-da-ho
triplemultiplex wrote:
Pretty quick resolution to this story, but man was that funny. Pardon the pun, but I was totally on board with this episode.

Cartman's catch phrase for the episode didn't wear too thin. It was used just enough and in the right places to keep it funny.
I liked Ike in the scene where he & Butters talk to that one pirate.

The first half of season 13 was pretty solid. Lots of good stuff. The renaissance continues.

Have to a agree with you triple.... This was a really solid season. And the pun....LOL, that just fit!!! HAHA!!!
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 7:45 pm Offline
  • YIM
Still wish Timmy was in this one... :timmy:
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 7:53 pm Offline
Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:41 am12
i'm so happy because this was everything I could have asked for in a southpark episode.

cartman as a pirate.
butters announcing the day's learned moral at the end (INSTEAD OF KYLE !)
ike talking.
and an overseas adventure, that was just about the kids. not the pirates, not the adults, just the 4th grader characters.

please make more adventure episodes like this one!
Last edited by Icanolly30homeless on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 7:54 pm Offline
Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:46 pm1
Season 13, Run 1 Review

1301: The Ring 7.9
1302: The Coon 8.4
1303: Margaritaville 9.0
1304: Eat, Pray, Queef 9.0
1305: Fishsticks 8.8
1306: Pinewood Derby 8.4
1307: Fatbeard 8.6
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 7:56 pm Offline
Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:19 am12
The inevitable pirate episode...loved it! Definitely one of the best of the season. As a former Navy guy, I had to laugh at the French sailors not knowing port from starboard (maybe they were thinking wine).

And what up with Butters and the nipple ring? (or does he just have non-matching areolas - LOL)

The Susan Boyle reference seemed kind of rushed and obligatory, though ...
Last edited by MarkAster on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 7:57 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5689The Mormon Homeland
For me, I like that it's a Cartman episode, but they didn't rely on fatass being a big racist dickhole. I mean there was some of that, but it wasn't integral to the plot. El Gordo was far less dickish and instead, they utilized his ignorance and vivid imagination for a great story. In short, it was classic Cartman more than modern Cartman.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 8:00 pm Offline
"They were French, so they surrendered right away."

Did I get it right? I love that quote. It made laugh. Actually, during this episode I laughed so much that I had people going, "BE QUIET!!!" Hypocrites.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 8:03 pm Offline
Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:28 pm22My Computer
OMG that episode was funny! I'm not sure if this was my favorite episode, it's a toss up between this and fishsticks.

Still I think it was a great way to finish the mid season finale.
Cartman is back to being him again (like in the old school episodes) and was amazing.

But I have to agree with what people have said, the ending did seem as though it was rushed.

Well, now we have to sit tight till October... it's gonna be a long wait...
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 8:04 pm Offline
  • YIM
Diabeteth wrote:

Did I get it right? I love that quote. It made laugh. Actually, during this episode I laughed so much that I had people going, "BE QUIET!!!" Hypocrites.

You have it right.... And them scared of the lightsaber, that was priceless!!! Tell the ones that are telling you to be quiet to "respect your authoritah!!!" haha....
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 8:06 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:40 am438
It was solid episode. I like it.
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 8:07 pm Offline
Butterskicksass wrote:
Diabeteth wrote:

You have it right.... And them scared of the lightsaber, that was priceless!!! Tell the ones that are telling you to be quiet to "respect your authoritah!!!" haha....

To my mom? Probably not a good idea. Thanks for the advice, though! And oh, yes, the lightsaber... I love that lightsaber so much.
Thanks for assuring me about that quote, too.
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 8:15 pm Offline
Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 pm10
That was great! I loved all the references to previous episodes like with Kevin and the lightsaber and the gingers not having souls.

I'm not sure why, but when I saw Butters in his pirate get-up the first time I laughed until I cried. Most adorable pirate ever and that's saying something since Ike was pretty frickin' cute.

I wish the one pirate who gave the heartfelt speech could have escaped and somehow wound up getting to go to school. That was the only part I didn't like. Don't get me wrong, I thought the snipering of all the pirates in like .2 seconds was hilarious, I just don't think the one who gave the speech should have been killed.

I guess Ike can just speak now. Has he done any babbling since the Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy episode or has it all been clear?

Too bad the radio active fish couldn't have somehow been turned into a fishsticks joke, but I thought it was a hilarious little moment anyway.

And yet another fantastic song.

P1 of Season 13 is officially the season of songs in SP.

Long wait til the fall, but at least we can rewatch these.
Re: *1307: Fatbeard* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 22, 2009 8:16 pm Offline
Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:44 pm2
HAHAHA - AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaa!!!!!
HAHA HAHA... HA... Ohmygod, perfect end to the half-season. two light-sabers up!!

And Diabeteth? SO raising my hand. Kyle had it coming, he really did. never mind that he was so 'supportive' and 'helpful' at the beginning, oh no -- of course Cartman was going to be a total assh*le. Just like the Cartman we know and love!!

Sort by  
Page 3 of 19 285 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next