Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 23 339 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:00 pm Offline
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 pm908
HA!

They mentioned Six Flags: Discovery Kingdom! Our local Six Flags, and I went to it like a little over a year ago on a field trip, but they group I was with only got high. :roll:

The teacher walked by and smelt the weed and shook his head all pissed. sh*t was so funny. He couldn't do anything.

And we didn't even see the whale only the f*cking tigers. f*ck that anyway. Go for the rides, go to a zoo for animals. :roll:
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 pm Offline
Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:27 am25
Hahaha i missed the 10:00 show so i'm watching the 12:00 rerun and omg haha the japenese people are owning the sh*t oout of everyone.
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:08 pm Offline
Cartman singing "Poker face" on ROCK BAND is a classic.
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:19 pm Offline
Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:24 pm26
Jake, M'kay? wrote:
Eh. The first few miniutes or so were sweet. But once the Whale Wars people came in it started going downhill for me.
6/10.

couldn't agree more. seriously... hiroshima? and the suggestion that killing cows and chickens is the same as killing dolphins and whales is ignorant, those farm animals wouldn't exist if they couldn't easily be tamed and reproduce well in captivity, we're talking about the difference between manipulating living things for food and practicing fishing habits that could and are leading to a vast population decline or even extinction. not saying i'm an environmentalist and hate the episode because of this fact--I actually thought the whale on the moon was hilarious, and the whole PITA thing-right on the money.

it's hard to pinpoint what's been going wrong for most of the past few seasons, but here it's clearly a plot that had one or two funny ideas and just ran them into the ground. i'm glad they've been about 50% for above average in 13, but I anticipated much more from this episode.
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 pm Offline
CHICKEN AND A COW
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 pm Offline
Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:03 pm76
I loved this episode, particularly because the first 10 minute was hysterical. Granted the other 12 was good as well. I loved it, funniest this half, funniest since Fishsticks. I'm VERY surprised to see a split reaction. I loved it.

-Fck you dolphin and fck you whale!
-Miami dolphins scene
-Cartman singing
-Godzilla
-Captain getting owned
-Japanese without eyes joke at the end, Cartman laughing
-Fck you chicken and fck you cow!

I loved this episode. Top three are
The Ring
Fishsticks
Whale Whores
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:35 pm Offline
Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:18 pm67
BEST FUCKING EPISODE EVER!
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:43 pm Offline
H_P wrote:
BEST FUCKING EPISODE EVER!

Yeah man, it was amazing. Let me take a second to list the laundry list of laughs. Again.

-Fck you dolphin, fck you whale.
-Killing Miami Dolphins
-Cartman singing Lady Gaga, and then changing the lyrics to rip on Stan
-Cartman being ignorant and yawning at the Hiroshima museum. And people say Cartman has been out of character.
-Japanese prison blues
-Cartman wanting to be on TV and not admitting it
-Fck you chicken fck you cow
-Cartman laughing at the Japanese getting radiation on eyes. That was hysterical.

Honestly, this episode was flat out amazing. 9.5 indeed. I loved it. Blows away every episode this half, bar none, and in my opinion of course. I'm so happy we got an episode like this, I was praying for one. Bravo Matt and Trey.
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:51 pm Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:44 pm102
I must have the full version Cartman singing. That part of the episode was just simply EPIC.
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 9:59 pm Offline
Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:47 pm4
:parishilton:

My Fiancee and I are MAJOR fans of South Park and have been since day one. We always walk away from each episode laughing and talking about it positively to our friends and other fans. We record the episodes and watch them frequently.

We started watching the episode Whale Whores tonight and could not believe what we were watching. We walked away sickened and disgusted to view this horrendous episode. We are fully aware of the ugly and sad situation when it comes to the Japanese killing dolphins and whales; however we never, in a million years thought the creators of this show would go as far as they did to make a point. Can someone please explain to me the reasoning/message behind this episode.

Signed,
Sickened
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 10:03 pm Offline
drtdi1 wrote:

My Fiancee and I are MAJOR fans of South Park and have been since day one. We always walk away from each episode laughing and talking about it positively to our friends and other fans. We record the episodes and watch them frequently.

We started watching the episode Whale Whores tonight and could not believe what we were watching. We walked away sickened and disgusted to view this horrendous episode. We are fully aware of the ugly and sad situation when it comes to the Japanese killing dolphins and whales; however we never, in a million years thought the creators of this show would go as far as they did to make a point. Can someone please explain to me the reasoning/message behind this episode.

Signed,
Sickened

Wow, this episode disgusted you? Wow...

Anyway, the episode did have a meaning. At the end, it is revealed a dolphin and a whale bombed hiroshima. Well then they alter the picture to a chicken and a cow. The Japanese then get pissed and kill a bunch of chickens and cows. Then Stan's dad says, "Now they're normal people, like us." Basically saying it makes no sense to get riled up about one group of animals but we don't care about killing others. That's what I got from it.
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 10:04 pm Offline
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 pm908
Stan is 10 years old now... :|
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 pm Offline
The alien is on the crab ship.
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 10:16 pm Offline
Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:30 pm28
Oh NO! Not the Miami Dolphins!
Damn, badass!Stan is hot. And awesome. And hot.
I thought it was a really good episode overall and it had a great ending. Heh, chicken and cow...
Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 28, 2009 10:20 pm Offline
Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:47 pm4
Pegazeus wrote:
drtdi1 wrote:

Signed,
Sickened

Wow, this episode disgusted you? Wow...

Anyway, the episode did have a meaning. At the end, it is revealed a dolphin and a whale bombed hiroshima. Well then they alter the picture to a chicken and a cow. The Japanese then get pissed and kill a bunch of chickens and cows. Then Stan's dad says, "Now they're normal people, like us." Basically saying it makes no sense to get riled up about one group of animals but we don't care about killing others. That's what I got from it.

Hey Pegazeus,

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I was so disgusted by the beginning and middle that I didn't get the end. We have it recorded, I may watch it again to figure it all out. I never heard of Whale Wars or know anything about the "Turd" dude. That may be throwing me off too.
Last edited by drtdi1 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 23 339 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next