Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 17 of 22 322 posts Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 07, 2009 9:08 am Offline
Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:41 pm16
bmzerkel wrote:
Kitsunebaby wrote:
bmzerkel wrote:
You're not supposed to judge people at all.
I'm sure everyone in this thread has people "that annoy them", but the right thing to do is not judge anyone.
At least that's what I try to do.
It was nothing personal against you, it's just what you said seemed to contradict itself.

If you get annoyed at anybody in particular and have thoughts like, "oh I don't really like this guy" that is judgement. I'm not saying you have to hate people to judge them, however most humans with a full range of emotions do hate several people and things. That's what's considered emotionally healthy. I think that by saying "judgement is wrong" in response to what I said is your way of judging me to be morally inferior to you. If you really disliked judging people, you would have just remarked that we have two completely different philosophies and left it at that. I personally believe all people to be guilty of judgement, however I see no fault with that so long as their reasons are based in logic. I dislike people who are assh*les. That's my brain's way of telling me to avoid those people so they don't ruin my day.

Well, I didn't say I was successful in not judging people :wink:
I agree with what you said except for the part of me trying to elevate myself.
That I'm not, and you're probably a better person than I am. I'm in my 40's, and have done plenty of things wrong.
That's one reason I think Trey and Matt should make episodes that are more defined when they decide to talk about issues like this one.
Like I said in one of my previous posts, I think the point of this episode got a bit lost.

I agree, the point was a bit vague. I don't ever assume that I know exactly what point trey and matt were trying to make however I usually have a pretty good idea. People on this board seem to be all over the place with their interpretations of this episode, though. I don't however think that homosexuals should be offended as I and all of my other gay friends thought it was hilarious.
Genetic Gay? PostSat Nov 07, 2009 11:57 am Offline
Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:11 am21Texas ( transplant )
::Also, I don't think homosexuality is genetic but cultural.... ::
~
What if the soul of the human is to decide which sex it will be before it is born. Most souls will choose the sex that is same as the body. But some souls decide to be opposite of the body. Hence a male soul in a female body is attracted to a female body and visa versa for a female soul in a male body... What makes a soul choose the opposite sex? This might be why souls that chose same sex as body dislike or have an internal haterd of the others?
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 07, 2009 12:19 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Shut up, you fags! Watch and learn what Matt and Trey were on about.
http://www.youtube.com/v/U-otAJrtY-w

Kids often use words without knowing the meanings they have in the grown-up world, but instead use them in their own way. This helps words evolve, change meaning, and lose the targets of previous negative or positive connotations. Louis C.K. was a kid in the 1970s, which was 30 to 40 years ago, and even then "fag" was not used exclusively to mean "gay person." That wasn't a meaning he knew until later. It's unfortunate that many gay people have suffered from the pejorative meaning, but if fag is going to mean something different in the future, gay people need to let go of it as a pejorative. Hell, they can go ahead and use it right now against anyone who's oppressing them, forcing a change in the meaning of the word. They can even use it against people who aren't oppressing them, as Gays Against Fags (led by Big Gay Al) did in this episode.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 07, 2009 12:41 pm Offline
Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:02 pm8
I think what people perceive as "being genetic" is just their brain forming the idea of what to be attracted to at such a young age the only bodies they are aware of are their own or maybe their friends of the same sex. If you thought both men and women had the same genitalia at the time your brain comes up with the idea of who to be attracted to, then it is not unreasonable to say it is possible you would grow up attracted to your own sex. This could be compounded by a hormone imbalance that leads to reduced sexual development or opposite sex-sexual development that results in them being unattractive and thus never picking up cues from the opposite sex during that developmental period in life (which would be independent of actual sexual development).

As far as transgender and homosexuality goes - I wouldn't be surprised if a traumatic experience in life could result in your brain doing a rebellion against things that would be normal or perceived as expected of you. Everyone has times in their life growing up where they are picked on, wronged, or whatever, and how their brain copes with it will vary. How their brain deals with it could be a genetic trait, but the whole cause is again somewhat cultural. They still weren't born that way, they were just prone to developing that way.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 07, 2009 1:53 pm Offline
Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:24 pm26
Namel wrote:
Very weak episode.
Personally I couldn't care less about bikers and Harley riders, but it was just painful to watch how Matt and Trey try too hard to force on others their bad opinion about them (just like with hippie episode).
Just hope there will be more people who can think for themselves and won't suddenly start to hate something just because South Park says it's bad (these are just fаgs :P).

3/10

Agreed, another miss on 13b
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 07, 2009 4:07 pm Offline
Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:57 pm14
I'm from England, as far back as I can remember people have used the word fag with absolutely no restriction. The reason for this being that it refers to a cigarette over here so I've always found it strange that people refered to gays as fags anyway. :timmy:
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 07, 2009 11:30 pm Offline
Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:43 pm6Right behind you
I love how Butters said "I'm not a fag yet I'm just bikecurious." :lol: That made my night. I love the bi-curious episode.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 08, 2009 12:02 am Offline
Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm1646Why do you wanna know where I live? stalker.
I always thought F.A.G was an acronym for Fat And Gay. lol
After watching this episode and looking it up on dictionary.com I realized just how wrong I was.... :lol:
great episode :D
And did anyone think that when the Harley Riders were coughing in the cafe and if someone had shouted "Do you have swine flu or something?" would have made it (if possible) even funnier? Just a thought... :)
R.I.P Pip: 1989 - 2010
Πιστεύω σε σας

Pull your fucking pants up!
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 08, 2009 12:43 am Offline
Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:52 pm4
warchild1488 wrote:
PS: I equipped my Harley with 12" non-baffled exhaust pipes, and it is extremely loud. I enjoy riding through crowded parking lots, or alternatively through residential areas late at night setting off car alarms. I don't care what peoples perception of that is, I find it effin hillarious.

Well, I guess we all know what that makes you then.
What the hell is this?! Skinless chicken, boiled vegetables, and salad?! This is just like Auschwitz!

Me? I'm gonna go out on the town and find 10 gallons of semen!
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 08, 2009 10:58 am Offline
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm105Fairfax, VA
bmzerkel wrote:
and it seems the gays are the ones that have a problem with the episode:
http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/11/glaad-pr ... isode.html

The GLAAD statement does make some good points

Hmmm.... I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the episode also depicted a BLACK guy being dragged with chains behind a motorcycle ridden by a WHITE guy, and this was done as slapstick comedy -- yet what does the GLAAD statement choose to complain about? People using a "hurtful" word.

P.S. I'm not actually complaining about the scene of Emmanuel Lewis getting dragged, or calling it racist -- I think it's totally clear that the Harley riders attacked him because he's the Head Dictionary Editor (and also maybe because Webster was such a damned annoying show) and NOT because he's black.

I'm just pointing out how fucked-up GLAAD's priorities are -- their job security depends on seeing "homophobia" everywhere, so that's all that catches their attention.
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Last edited by Throbert McGee on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 am Offline
Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:49 pm1
funny episode, but as a motorcycle enthusiast this thing has been a pain. To be honest the way Matt and Trey tend to generalize entire groups seems to be small minded, but hey its their show. I will continue to watch of course and I did find it humourous but it does show they dont know what they are talking about all the time and have to do things for filler. :unhoodedkenny:
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 08, 2009 11:32 am Offline
Something else that the GLAAD letter somehow forgot to mention:

Out of all the residents of South Park, who got to be the heroes of the day by saving the kids near the end of the episode? Why, Sheriff Big Gay Al and his all-gay posse!

That seems like pretty much the total opposite of "encouraging homophobia", yet does GLAAD bring it up? Of course not!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 am Offline
Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:53 am166Up the loch
I remember when people used to watch south park for enjoyment.
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 08, 2009 11:46 am Offline
onelonesapper wrote:
funny episode, but as a motorcycle enthusiast this thing has been a pain.

Clue: This episode wasn't REALLY about Harley riders. In my opinion, you can see this as SP's version of the famous Chris Rock sketch about "Black People vs. N!ggеrs," only in this case they're talking about "Gay People vs. Fаggоts". (Of course, SP has made that distinction since way back in Season 1, when it was hinted that Mr. Garrison was just as homosexual as Big Gay Al, but Al was simply "gay," while Garrison was a "fаggоt.")

onelonesapper wrote:
To be honest the way Matt and Trey tend to generalize entire groups seems to be small minded

Mary, please. Did you even give a damn about "generalizations" on South Park before it was jokes about Harley riders in this episode?

Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 08, 2009 11:49 am Offline
Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:42 pm2721
Big-Will wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/v/U-otAJrtY-w

Quit being a f4ggot and suck that dick. :lol:
Quote:
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*

Sort by  
Page 17 of 22 322 posts Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next