Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 19 of 22 322 posts Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 09, 2009 9:57 am Offline
Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:38 pm3
Kitsunebaby wrote:

Believe me, I hate all forms of censorship. I believe to political correctness is currently doing more harm than good for our society and our culture. The meanings of these words are still a bit hazy as they currently shifting from one meaning to another. They could quite possibly get to the point where they are never used in reference to homosexuals. Political correctness is keeping this from happening by making it taboo to ever say so that they are stuck with the old meanings. The entire point of this episode is that the words are changing meaning and that we should allow them to do that, so that in the future when someone uses them they will not be judging people on sexuality or other stupid issues. Instead they will be judging them on what really matters, their personalities and their actions. I personally find this to be a good outcome.

Personally I would love to see those words lose their connotation with homosexuality. I don't cringe or freak out whenever someone uses them. My respect for that person drops in a very drastic sense however. My issue is that there is a double standard for other words. If I walked around calling things and people "N*gger" and just kept saying "It's ok I like african american people. I'm just using that word to mean assh*le." I would most likely end up either beaten to death or shot.

F4G and gay are still a LOT more closely and recently realated to homosexuals. The cultural shift in how those terms are interpreted is occurring, but it's definitely not far enough apart to not have any connection at all. If you're using those terms to just mean stupid or lame you better damn well not use them to describe anyone who is gay and then expect to have respect from people like me.

My last bit on the subject, is that with terms like "stupid" or "lame" there is a difference, those terms have never been something positive. It usually is a negative that some people have to deal with for their entire life. The only thing that's negative about being LGBT is the stupidity of having to deal with other people's hate (not implying any connection with using the terms gay or F4G though I have a REALLY hard time separating F4G but maybe people around me just don't use it as often as others or something).

Point being if you want to be respectful and appear that way, pick a different word. You don't get to be upset that people think you're homophobic when you're using terms that STILL mean "homosexual" as insults.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 09, 2009 4:23 pm Offline
Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:28 am40
One more point......

Something else Matt and Trey forgot was that the majority of Harley owners are also veterans.
So in a way they are repeating the "baby killer" shouts of the 70's to some of these guys....or the guy freshly home from Iraq or Afghanistan........coming home to get called this.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 09, 2009 4:52 pm Offline
Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:11 am1
Sorry dudes... well I don't who agrees on that, but I consider this, as the worst episode ever...What the f...? Jesus Christ.....
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 09, 2009 10:12 pm Offline
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm105Fairfax, VA
urbear1987 wrote:
The only thing that's negative about being LGBT is the stupidity of having to deal with other people's hate

Actually, trust me on this -- what's even worse than that is the stupidity of having to deal with the stupidity of other gay people.
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 10, 2009 3:17 am Offline
Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:42 am2
I'm a biker but hell no it's not a harley! Episode is accurate about harley riders. Maybe 1 out of a 100 harley owners aren't douche bags! For no apparent reason! I once went into a harley store and the sales guy was a dick, very rude. We were polite and it's like he didn't give a sh*t if he made the sale. Oh, and don't call them f.a.g.s unless you can defend yourself! :wink:
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 10, 2009 4:44 am Offline
Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:32 am11
I'm amazed at how polarizing this episode is. A lot of my friends own Harleys and are huge South Park fans, and I will even admit that I am a little bike-curious. But people forget that South Park rips on EVERYONE. If you're going to laugh at them trashing someone or thing you don't like, you can't really get mad when they turn their sights on something you hold dear. Its why the show has kicked ass for the last 13 years; either all of it is okay, or none of it is.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 11:05 pm Offline
Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:46 am1
Mffhfmffhfmffhfmffhf...(kenny translation: This is f***ing rediculous!) lol :lol:
Well its great that you have a golden rectum of the gods, but the rest of us need chipotleway!!!
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 12, 2009 12:16 am Offline
Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:05 pm8
killerqueen74 wrote:
warchild1488 wrote:
PS: I equipped my Harley with 12" non-baffled exhaust pipes, and it is extremely loud. I enjoy riding through crowded parking lots, or alternatively through residential areas late at night setting off car alarms. I don't care what peoples perception of that is, I find it effin hillarious.

Well, I guess we all know what that makes you then.
:D

Oh hell yeah, just like a trucker coming through town in the middle of the night and hitting the jake-brake, or some snot-nosed boy racer in a honskadooder with a fart pipe.
Using loud noises to get attention=Attention Whore=F@G!
People are like slinky's, pretty much useless, but they make me smile when I push 'em down the stairs.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 12, 2009 6:48 am Offline
Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:27 pm8
This episode was fuc*ing lame just like the one before it and the one before that one etc. Interesting how some fans here are blind followers and kind of base their life’s philosophy on the show that got old 5 seasons back. I use to love South Park before they stopped being funny and got all serious trying to get some retarded message across. And I sure as hell am not going to stop using the word FAG to describe an ass-pirate.
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 am Offline
Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:47 am1
Season 13 is by far the worst season of South Park and this episode is horrible, I hardly found it funny at all.

It was as if the makers of the show were desperately trying to make a episode to send out a message without making the attempt of putting good humor into it, which forced them to resort to making bikers act like idiots and in turn, have everyone call them a homosexual slur.

By the way, I don't see how that word haves any reference towards bikers, unless they were gay of course.

REVIEW

Episode: 1/5
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 13, 2009 9:45 am Offline
Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:16 am4
It doesn't happen often but, I must disagree about SP's definition of the "F" word, F_A_G_S.
Sorry Trey and Matt!
It is well known that it's true meaning is as follows:

F_A_G_S; (n)plural 1. The country of France. 2. The french people and it's government. 3. A person proud of anything french or anyone supportive of France.
See Also: French Canadian.

The proof is in the word "F_A_G_S" itself:
F.rench
A.re
G.ay
S.issies

Even the British refer to "CIGARETTES" as F_A_G_S.
Why?
A few quick reasons;
1. You suck on cigarettes. The french have had to suck the ass of everyone they've ever gone to war with.
2.Cigarettes kill millions of people. The french have cost the lives of hundreds of millions in the last 100yrs. just saving their asses.
3. Cigarette companies don't care about what happens to people who use their product or the pollution caused by it. The french dont care about what happens to people in other countries, or the effects of testing their nukes out in the ocean in this day and age. Do it on your own soil F_A_G_S ! If you haven't figured out what it will do by now, maybe you better stick to crushing grapes.
This is just a tiny example of the Fags(french)
So, i hope Websters updates it's dictionaries to the true meaning of "F_A_G_S". Remember... French Are Gay Sissies!!!
ME
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 13, 2009 11:04 am Offline
Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 am8
Personally, I feel that anyone who actually thinks the show is trying to "send out a message" , AND takes it seriously in any way,shape or form, really needs to get a grip.
It's a cartoon people. Come on.......
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 14, 2009 9:08 am Offline
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm105Fairfax, VA
piroman wrote:
Interesting how some fans here are blind followers and kind of base their life’s philosophy on the show that got old 5 seasons back. I use to love South Park before they stopped being funny and got all serious trying to get some retarded message across.

And yet, supergenius, here you are still posting on a forum dedicated to a show that you don't even like. Are you some kind of masochist?
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 16, 2009 11:44 pm Offline
Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:20 pm3
After reading many posts for this episode:

Best episode? Really? Not even close. Not even the best of this season... Butters Bottom B!tch was way better than this.

FYI ... they ripped this F word idea off from an episode of Raising The Bar - The Curious Case of Kellerman's Button

Also all of you claiming you're going to call bikers F4Gs ... I fkin dare you! Next time you see a Hell's Angel or Outlaw call him a f4g ... FYI saying you're going to then not doing so makes you one :P
Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 18, 2009 11:47 pm Offline
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:30 pm13
cole03gl wrote:
f*ck that episode.... Why with the harleys? I would like to see them say anything about a Patched rider....

Geez. bbbpppbbbppptthpt

Dude, get a sense of humor. I'm a biker, with loud pipes, and I laughed as hard as I ever have.
For the most part, they weren't talking about me... but I know who they WERE talking about.

And it wasn't "patched" riders. Or at least, not specifically... but if the shoe fits any particular INDIVIDUALS, well...
And by the way, you realize that most people don't know what "patched rider" means, right?

Patched or not, you and I both know of people exactly like those in this episode. They're usually yuppie types who go on and on about "real bikers" while their Garage Queens sit parked with 3 digits turned on their odometers.

And hey... did it ever occur to you that your straight pipes MIGHT be unnecessarily rude to your neighbors, and every person you pass by when riding? I know I think about MY neighbors every single morning when Elwood's warming up in the carport.
If you either don't care about that rudeness, or like it, then there's a good possibility that... "patched" or not... they were talking about you. And I'm laughing.

Sort by  
Page 19 of 22 322 posts Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next