Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 5 of 29 435 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next
Author Message
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:48 am66
Man..the beginning was a bit graphic..was all tht really necessary? And only about two of the kids actually seemed disturbed about it. The rest just looked all "eh" while their schoolmate was being murdered. Damn!

Aside from that, I didn't really get this episode. Maybe because I don't follow the news or TV much. But I loved Butters peeing on the doorstep and then waddle-running away, and Cartman dressed up as a smurf. South Park creators, please put more stupid moments like that into the show. I know it sounds dumb, but I watch just for that. :mrgreen:
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 9:42 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
A true Libertarian

Privacy=Nobody should be censored (this is common on the left wing areas of politics)

End Drug laws (Considered left wing)

The right to self defense this includes gun laws (Considered right wing)

Environmental protection (No government involvement. right wing)

Poverty/Social Security/Welfare (Privitize. Right wing)

Gay marriage/etc (For gay marriage and gay rights. Left wing)

Civil Liberties (various) but Civil Liberties is the most important part of Libertarianism

To make it simple

Socially Liberal
Economicly Conservative/Independant

South Park has shown this for many years. For the most part, full blown Libertarianism.

Other "conservatives" such as Bill O'Relly, Mancow, Beck have called themselfs "Libertarians" to "downplay" what they really are, just plain conservative right wingers.

That is what this episode protests against, if it protests at all. Its mostly parody.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 9:49 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 pm908
howardroarke wrote:
ssouthparkk4602 wrote:
howardroarke wrote:
While I agree a lot with Beck on most issues, I liked this episode. This episode gets at least 8 stars just for the scene of Butters running from Wendy's house with his pants down.

I've been wondering if they would do a Beck show, maybe just because he's Mormon and SP seems fascinated with that. It's also really easy to make fun of him for the way he acts. From the content of all of South Park's episodes, I'd bet they agree with him on a lot of issues too.


On what issues, exactly?

That Obama is a Socialist? That he is secretly trying to turn the government into an Oligarch... I mean Oligarchy? Or simple, fiscal issues?

Fiscally, maybe, but only at the core. Fiscal values, smaller government. It ends when you go insane and call simple health care provided by a government COMMUNISM.

They may not agree with a public option, but I can tell you, they don't agree with this assh*le.


Just looking at past episodes (and their commentaries) off the top of my head, they all are against...

Hate crime legislation (Chef goes nanners)
Bans on smoking (Butt Out, Matt and Trey argue from the view of a business owner and against regulators)
Global warming (that episode about Earth Day and Terrance and Phillip in season 5, and that episode about The Day after Tomorrow )
Hillary Clinton (I can't remember all the episodes but there's alot that just make fun of her cankles and stuff, plus there's the Snuke, maybe it's all in jest)
Atheism (Hot Catholic Love, Go God Go trilogy)
Hippies (various episodes, Die hippies)
Fascism (Butt Out)
Maybe abortion? (Kenny dies, Crips and Bloods episode)

They're all for capitalism (the underpants knomes episode and Butt Out)

They're friends with Penn and Teller and they love their show, bullsh*t, so I'm guessing they agree with a lot of what's on there. Which means they basically think government should be involved in the military and the courts, nothing more. They're libertarians.

They probably disagree on Mormonism and I doubt Matt and Trey would go along with all the sobbing over America and shrouding themselves in the flag like Beck does (which I think is one reason they made the episode). They're patriotic but I think there's some line in the sand between them and Beck.

Of course it's hard to tell a person's view through their satire, their main focus is to make something entertaining and funny, which they are very good at.

But just from their commentaries, where they are talking candidly, they are for capitalism, they hate hippies, and they've called themselves conservatives on issues like smoking bans.

I honestly don't think they want to be known for their political views though, they just want to make good shows.


Well now here is my views:

Tobacco: Agree with them, it's people's choice.

Hate Crimes: I am not for singling it out, just punish them for the crime committed. Same as M&T, I suppose.

Global Warming: No way do they deny it exists, they just don't think it's influenced THAT much by humans. (From what I can tell) I do. There, finally I disagree. Partially.

Hilary: Don't give a sh*t.

Athesim: They aren't against Atheism. They are against the notion that no religion will stop wars. As am I. And I am an Atheist. But no religion will cut through all the bull sh*t with gay marriage, etc. Not to mention, jihad.

Hippies: They want a world that is impossible to achieve, noble but stupid.

Abortion: Mother's right. I have no VALID opinion on it, as I have no uterus.

Now Capitalism:

I am a Capitalist. (At least I consider myself one.)

I only want Socialised health and education. There is nothing better for a "free market" than a smarter and healthier work force. This means less sick days, more productivity. More cash flow = stronger economy. So, in the end, my "Socialist" ideas BENEFIT Capitalism.

So take from this what you will. Glenn Beck is a f*cking moron.
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 9:57 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:21 am5
Awesomeness!!!
Beck is a Fagathon
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 9:58 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 pm908
Quick_Ben wrote:
Awesomeness!!!
Beck is a Fagathon

I've never heard it put that way before.... :?

LOVE IT! HA! :P
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:07 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:42 pm6
ssouthparkk4602 wrote:

Well now here is my views:

Tobacco: Agree with them, it's people's choice.

Hate Crimes: I am not for singling it out, just punish them for the crime committed. Same as M&T, I suppose.

Global Warming: No way do they deny it exists, they just don't think it's influenced THAT much by humans. (From what I can tell) I do. There, finally I disagree. Partially.

Hilary: Don't give a sh*t.

Athesim: They aren't against Atheism. They are against the notion that no religion will stop wars. As am I. And I am an Atheist. But no religion will cut through all the bull sh*t with gay marriage, etc. Not to mention, jihad.

Hippies: They want a world that is impossible to achieve, noble but stupid.

Abortion: Mother's right. I have no VALID opinion on it, as I have no uterus.

Now Capitalism:

I am a Capitalist. (At least I consider myself one.)

I only want Socialised health and education. There is nothing better for a "free market" than a smarter and healthier work force. This means less sick days, more productivity. More cash flow = stronger economy. So, in the end, my "Socialist" ideas BENEFIT Capitalism.

So take from this what you will. Glenn Beck is a f*cking moron.


I think you take this Glenn Beck hate thing too far, man. He's an entertainer and he has certain views that you can agree with and certain views that you can disagree with.

I'd also say that it would be impossible to believe in socialized health care and education and still be a capitalist, because those are two of the most important aspects of life. You're basically saying to leave all unimportant things to capitalism, which doesn't show much confidence in it.

There's a lot more to an argument for completely free markets that can't possibly be covered here but there is a lot of stuff out there written by people more affluential than me on this.

But back to Beck. Remember in Star Wars, Luke Skywalker didn't necessarily have to do something evil to turn to the dark side, he simply had to give in to his hate and act on it. If you really dislike Beck, you're giving him much more satisfaction just by hating him. If he is the person you think he is, then the worst thing you can do is to just be indifferent to him.
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:09 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:29 pm42
Ummm... Okay well I must say a lot of you people miss the point entirely.
ssouthparkk4602 seriously? I mean you spend your days arguing with people on youtube about whether or not Trey and Matt agree with Beck's opinion? Then you go and feel "vindicated" by this show? Got a news flash for you, this show made fun of Beck as much if not less than he makes fun of himself. In fact I'm sure he'll show part of this show on his program, so Jon wont have to(It'll get to more people that way anyway). To assume that because they poked fun of his style and his audience doesn't mean they don't agree with his general principles. He's a hot button topic at the moment so they poked fun at him, they also made a reference to Sarah Palin using a very liberal character. Do you think they believe Palin is like Wendy? You need to relax and chill out, watch the show laugh and please stay off of Youtube, it's ruining your life.
Oh and kfgg, Obsessive Compulsive disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder really don't blend too well. Besides that Beck does not exhibit a short attention span, if anything he be too focused but that doesn't mean he goes washing his hands 100x a day or has to take the same path to the bathroom each time. He's really just an entertainer and all you people need to relax, if you don't like the guy that's cool but chill on the hate. It's very unbecoming of you all.

Anyway, great show once again, fresh and not too far up it's own rear end.
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:10 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:06 pm1
Wow what the f*ck the episode airing right now was supposed to be the new one, seriously f*ck you comedy central.
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:12 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:03 pm1
I get the excessive dramatization Cartman portrays as Glenn Beck, but they made it seem as if he makes stuff up. You can go without seeing one episode of Beck's show and still see exactly what he talks about is happening. We're a 1/4 of the way to a system that leads straight to socialized medicine, which will lead to a loss of individual liberties :( . If the government is footing the bill for your health care, you can be damn sure they will decide it's in the best interest of everyone to dictate whats best for you :x . And while all the health care debate rages, we've got Cap and Trade going on in the background. It takes very little time to research just how radically progressive the current administration is. Its not that their ideas are evil as much as they are misguided. Helping those who need help is a noble cause, protecting the environment is a smart thing to do, but you must not be blind to reason in pursuit of an idealogical utopia. People who need health care can get it: ER for emergencies, free clinics for minor illness. No one in need is denied help. Health insurance is a completely separate and economic issue. If you want the price of insurance to come down then get the government out of it. If car insurance could not be bought over state lines, was riddled with Federal regulations on their policies, and it had to pay for every oil change, tire rotation, and car wash, how cheap do you think it would be. Don't even get me started on global warming! How about we stick to green issues that really affect the ecosystem: smog, improper disposal of toxic waist, litter, recycling to save materials and money. The only reason these real issues are overlooked is because you can't dictate policy on countries worldwide unless you can say that the fossil fuels your neighbor burns in their car are causing a drought or floods somewhere across the world. Sorry I'm rambling. Back to the point. Glenn Beck may be over the top, but take the time to see just how close to being right he is. Don't just read his books. Don't just read Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" or Franklin's "Poor Richard". Read Karl Marx, read Mao, read Nietzsche. Read about the Soviet Union, Mussolini's Italy, and Mao's Republic. How can you disagree with someone's ideology if you don't know what they are talking about inside and out. If you look at all the history, all the philosophy, and all the current facts you can find, you will have a hard time disagreeing with much of what Beck has to say. (Maybe just the way he says it) Other than that, awesome show! South Park rocks! :mrgreen:
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:17 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 pm908
howardroarke wrote:
ssouthparkk4602 wrote:

Well now here is my views:

Tobacco: Agree with them, it's people's choice.

Hate Crimes: I am not for singling it out, just punish them for the crime committed. Same as M&T, I suppose.

Global Warming: No way do they deny it exists, they just don't think it's influenced THAT much by humans. (From what I can tell) I do. There, finally I disagree. Partially.

Hilary: Don't give a sh*t.

Athesim: They aren't against Atheism. They are against the notion that no religion will stop wars. As am I. And I am an Atheist. But no religion will cut through all the bull sh*t with gay marriage, etc. Not to mention, jihad.

Hippies: They want a world that is impossible to achieve, noble but stupid.

Abortion: Mother's right. I have no VALID opinion on it, as I have no uterus.

Now Capitalism:

I am a Capitalist. (At least I consider myself one.)

I only want Socialised health and education. There is nothing better for a "free market" than a smarter and healthier work force. This means less sick days, more productivity. More cash flow = stronger economy. So, in the end, my "Socialist" ideas BENEFIT Capitalism.

So take from this what you will. Glenn Beck is a f*cking moron.


I think you take this Glenn Beck hate thing too far, man. He's an entertainer and he has certain views that you can agree with and certain views that you can disagree with.

I'd also say that it would be impossible to believe in socialized health care and education and still be a capitalist, because those are two of the most important aspects of life. You're basically saying to leave all unimportant things to capitalism, which doesn't show much confidence in it.

There's a lot more to an argument for completely free markets that can't possibly be covered here but there is a lot of stuff out there written by people more affluential than me on this.

But back to Beck. Remember in Star Wars, Luke Skywalker didn't necessarily have to do something evil to turn to the dark side, he simply had to give in to his hate and act on it. If you really dislike Beck, you're giving him much more satisfaction just by hating him. If he is the person you think he is, then the worst thing you can do is to just be indifferent to him.

Star Wars references don't work on me.

And Glenn is more than an entertainer. He is the leader of a mob. I think my concern is valid.

And I am not a Capitalist if it has to be all or nothing, then. Mixed economy man. Just found out a definition for me recently, but it isn't good because it is too broad, but it is "Third" something Capitalist. (I forgot the whole thing. Not important, it fails to specify my views, anyway.)

And you are right. I don't have much confidence in Capitalism when it comes to people's health. I am very justified. There should be no profit motive to deny care. Period. Look at the system as it is now.

So I would argue that I AM a Capitalist. But also a Humanist. Moderation and mixes, they are a good thing. All or nothing is completely f*cking stupid when applied to government.

And don't bring up "either it's all ok, or none of it is" from Cartoon Wars. That does not apply here. (I don't think you'd do that, but I have misjudged people before.)
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:20 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:49 pm908
ddockins wrote:
I get the excessive dramatization Cartman portrays as Glenn Beck, but they made it seem as if he makes stuff up. You can go without seeing one episode of Beck's show and still see exactly what he talks about is happening. We're a 1/4 of the way to a system that leads straight to socialized medicine, which will lead to a loss of individual liberties :( . If the government is footing the bill for your health care, you can be damn sure they will decide it's in the best interest of everyone to dictate whats best for you :x . And while all the health care debate rages, we've got Cap and Trade going on in the background. It takes very little time to research just how radically progressive the current administration is. Its not that their ideas are evil as much as they are misguided. Helping those who need help is a noble cause, protecting the environment is a smart thing to do, but you must not be blind to reason in pursuit of an idealogical utopia. People who need health care can get it: ER for emergencies, free clinics for minor illness. No one in need is denied help. Health insurance is a completely separate and economic issue. If you want the price of insurance to come down then get the government out of it. If car insurance could not be bought over state lines, was riddled with Federal regulations on their policies, and it had to pay for every oil change, tire rotation, and car wash, how cheap do you think it would be. Don't even get me started on global warming! How about we stick to green issues that really affect the ecosystem: smog, improper disposal of toxic waist, litter, recycling to save materials and money. The only reason these real issues are overlooked is because you can't dictate policy on countries worldwide unless you can say that the fossil fuels your neighbor burns in their car are causing a drought or floods somewhere across the world. Sorry I'm rambling. Back to the point. Glenn Beck may be over the top, but take the time to see just how close to being right he is. Don't just read his books. Don't just read Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" or Franklin's "Poor Richard". Read Karl Marx, read Mao, read Nietzsche. Read about the Soviet Union, Mussolini's Italy, and Mao's Republic. How can you disagree with someone's ideology if you don't know what they are talking about inside and out. If you look at all the history, all the philosophy, and all the current facts you can find, you will have a hard time disagreeing with much of what Beck has to say. (Maybe just the way he says it) Other than that, awesome show! South Park rocks! :mrgreen:

You have drunk the Beck koolaid. Ironic, because it is the Beck crazies that accuse Liberals of drinking Obama Koolaid. If that's the case, then why are we mad at Obama for various reasons right now? I think the Conservative Koolaid is thinker than the Liberal's...
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:25 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
howardroarke wrote:
ssouthparkk4602 wrote:
howardroarke wrote:
While I agree a lot with Beck on most issues, I liked this episode. This episode gets at least 8 stars just for the scene of Butters running from Wendy's house with his pants down.

I've been wondering if they would do a Beck show, maybe just because he's Mormon and SP seems fascinated with that. It's also really easy to make fun of him for the way he acts. From the content of all of South Park's episodes, I'd bet they agree with him on a lot of issues too.


You know it.

On what issues, exactly?

That Obama is a Socialist? That he is secretly trying to turn the government into an Oligarch... I mean Oligarchy? Or simple, fiscal issues?

Fiscally, maybe, but only at the core. Fiscal values, smaller government. It ends when you go insane and call simple health care provided by a government COMMUNISM.

They may not agree with a public option, but I can tell you, they don't agree with this assh*le.


Just looking at past episodes (and their commentaries) off the top of my head, they all are against...

Hate crime legislation (Chef goes nanners)
No. That was not political satire at all.

howardroarke wrote:
Global warming (that episode about Earth Day and Terrance and Phillip in season 5, and that episode about The Day after Tomorrow )
Making fun of it and being against it are two different things.

howardroarke wrote:
Atheism (Hot Catholic Love, Go God Go trilogy)
See above. Also, Red Hot Catholic Love was more making fun of Catholics.
howardroarke wrote:
Hippies (various episodes, Die hippies)
I wrote:
Making fun of it and being against it are two different things.

howardroarke wrote:
Fascism (Butt Out)
wut
howardroarke wrote:
Maybe abortion? (Kenny dies, Crips and Bloods episode)
No. They both actually suggest they're for it.

howardroarke wrote:
They're libertarians.
And Beck isn't.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:27 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:48 pm27
I LOVE it!! They're completely ripping on that moron, Glenn Beck. Just for that alone it's a 10/10.
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:28 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:16 pm1
goddamn i love cartman when he's in pure evil mode!!!
Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 11, 2009 10:29 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm3652anywhere
JustSit wrote:
Ummm... Okay well I must say a lot of you people miss the point entirely.
ssouthparkk4602 seriously? I mean you spend your days arguing with people on youtube about whether or not Trey and Matt agree with Beck's opinion? Then you go and feel "vindicated" by this show? Got a news flash for you, this show made fun of Beck as much if not less than he makes fun of himself. In fact I'm sure he'll show part of this show on his program, so Jon wont have to(It'll get to more people that way anyway). To assume that because they poked fun of his style and his audience doesn't mean they don't agree with his general principles. He's a hot button topic at the moment so they poked fun at him, they also made a reference to Sarah Palin using a very liberal character. Do you think they believe Palin is like Wendy? You need to relax and chill out, watch the show laugh and please stay off of Youtube, it's ruining your life.

Anyway, great show once again, fresh and not too far up it's own rear end.


dude youre amazing. finally someone who doesn't make me bummed out to be a south park fan posted on one of the episodes

just saying i liked butters' little gang of weird kids he hangs with
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 5 of 29 435 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X