Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 12 of 14 204 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Can only get better PostSat Mar 20, 2010 1:07 pm Offline
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:43 pm45
Monkey saved this one from being one of the worst episodes ever . (+EA joke)
1.3/5 * episode.
subject was smart, they made it justice, but it was a lame episode all around.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostSat Mar 20, 2010 11:39 pm Offline
Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:48 am10
I loved the video game idea, and also Kenny's death was hilarious--as was Butters obsession with 'bush.' However, the wizard alien thing went on a little too long and got sort of boring.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostSun Mar 21, 2010 6:34 am Offline
Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:42 am1
i liked the intro of the 14th season it was nice;) and i liked the end of the episode too. :D
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostSun Mar 21, 2010 7:26 am Offline
Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:34 am66
what a hoot
i cant believe some of you didnt know the swat guy was made into the alien :lol:
anyone else note the resemblance to a false flag?
the give away was- yeah shoot him in his blabber mouth.
personally i dont understand why other men want to sleep with lots of women :roll:
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostSun Mar 21, 2010 12:29 pm Offline
Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:28 am2
it definitely seemed like this episode was created out of the pressure of people saying "south park HAS to do an episode about this!" but I knew this first episode would disappoint because I was looking forward to it ever so much :b I loved most of season 13 (could have ended after the first half of "Dances with Smurfs" and I would have felt whole :b but then there was "Pee") so a Tiger Woods episode was destined to disappoint because there's just so little you can squeeze out of the dullest champion athlete of all time. Even with his recent drama he merely expanded from "champion golfer devoid of any personality" to "champion golfer that can still score with 10s despite being a champion golfer" thankfully 500 ak47s, ginger cartman, and randy's testiculars seem promising :D

but im sure the guys are thinking what im thinking which is "south park addressed tiger woods' affairs. it's done. now the uninhibited creative juices may gush forth freely as so many juices doth gush and flood leaving a trail of hilarious destruction in their wake"

or they can just buy a big tank, lotsa balls and a few manatees. then just kick back and watch the dvd money just roll in :b
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostSun Mar 21, 2010 6:41 pm Offline
Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:25 pm1646Why do you wanna know where I live? stalker.
Awesome episode! It reminded me of the Crab People episode (708:South Park is Gay); however, the whole "Alien Wizard" idea was executed in a more smarter fashion, in my opinion.

Love the new opening title sequence as well!
Great start to a new season!!!
R.I.P Pip: 1989 - 2010
Πιστεύω σε σας

Pull your fucking pants up!
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostMon Mar 22, 2010 6:15 am Offline
Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:36 pm1
This definitely wasn't one of their best.

I was expecting better considering the 13 season was great, but oh well.

Hopefully the second episode of the season will be better.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostMon Mar 22, 2010 9:58 am Offline
Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:53 am1
Awesome episode! but question....did anyone notice that Butters was repeatedly called Bummers by the sex addict therapist? replayed it a few times to make sure i wasnt hearing things.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostMon Mar 22, 2010 1:05 pm Offline
Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:00 pm2
Awesome episode, i feel this new season is gunna kick some major ass.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostTue Mar 23, 2010 11:15 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:13 am2
I liked the episode .It was funny but sucked at the same time but i don't know why .
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostWed Mar 24, 2010 10:49 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:16 pm15
8/10 at least. I loved the group going to the sex addiction class, and especially: "Caught!". lol
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostSat Mar 27, 2010 5:46 am Offline
Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:11 pm4
shibby11 wrote:
Awesome episode! but question....did anyone notice that Butters was repeatedly called Bummers by the sex addict therapist? replayed it a few times to make sure i wasn't hearing things.

You weren't hearing things, He was called Bummers XD poor guy.

Wished this episode could have been more about the boys. Don't get me wrong it was a great episode, nothing funnier than that tiger woods game. It never got boring i cracked up each time.

I was hoping that Butters and Kyle would interact more, there's never been an episode with the both of them, >_>; It just seemed to me like Kyle was ignoring Butters. I can't blame him what with butters insane search for the "bush"

but Kyle is known for his freak outs over simple things. so you can kinda see him trying to hide away from society, maybe try to jump of a building and drag Butters along
Kyle:"Don't come any closer Stan! I'm a sex addict!"
Stan: " Kyle please! Don't jump!"
Kyle: " No! Stan don't you get it I'm a danger to humanity!"
Cartman: Bahahahahahahahahaha! JUMP JEW!!!
Butters: " If i jump will i find out what's under the Bush?"
Stan: "This is ridiculous!"
Butters:" Wait a minute! Is that Tiger Woods"
Tiger Woods wife comes running behind him with her golf club "you cheating bastard!"

BTW I'm pretty sure i had an avatar. one that looks like butters, except he's not Caucasian merely "gay tan" does any body know what's up with that?
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostSat Mar 27, 2010 3:17 pm Offline
Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:52 pm1
I liked this episode. The opening scene was hilarious as with the rest of the video game subplot, the look Obama gave Michelle at the commercial break, and everything Clinton said. It reminded me a lot of the Alcoholism episode. But the alien thing got kinda annoying as it went on.

Also, am I the only one who was waiting for a Dr. Drew reference the whole episode. They missed a huge opportunity I thought that maybe they purposefully avoided because they've been on Loveline so many times. w/e. Though I think a plot that involved the doctors who treat sex addiction becoming so rich and famous from the "outbreak" that they begin to "suffer" from the "disease" as well, leading to a vicious cycle like the one at the end of "Something Walmart Comes This Way," again referencing the fact that people like Dr. Drew (though I love him and Loveline) and the network news agencies capitalize on these "outbreaks" and other celebrity (or more often not) "addictions" or "disorders" to make money and achieve fame so they can f*ck tons of women or become the alpha male. hmmmmmm.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostSun Mar 28, 2010 4:05 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
Ok, I have to say that I at least partly disagree with the message in it. The other reasons I didn't really enjoy it were that it wasn't nearly as funny or entertaining as it should have been: the thing with the turd in the punch bowl as the wizard alien was just too ridiculous, the monkey sequence wasn't funny in "Pee", which was still a good episode btw, and it was definitely less funny in this one. The only parts that were funny and I enjoyed were the game-sequences with Tiger Woods and the boys' reactions to them and the men always glancing at the women when saying something about the sex scandals.
As I said, I just couldn't agree with every aspect of the message: I think it was right to point out the hypocrisy of some men who secretly would have behaved in the same way if they had the oppurtunity to do so and I liked that it was also pointed out through Kyle once that those powerful men should have restraint and are to blame for their actions. Even the second "turd in the punch bowl" said that "we shouldn't CONDONE the actions of these men". So far, so good.
The only problem I have with this episode as far as its message is concerned is that it had the general impression as if it somehow DID condone these men's actions. The notion that they should have a bit more restraint just wasn't pointed out strong enough for my taste and it seemed like almost any man would cheat on his wife if he could,which is kind of an insult towards men in general. I don't know about all these celebrities' stories, but as far as I've heard at least most of them cheated on their wives, which is in any case inexcusable if it happened more than once. I'm sorry, but Trey Parker made fun of Liane Adamo years after they seperated for cheating on him and I totally understand and support this. It's completely justified, but then he should have a bit more compassion for the wives of this successful men instead of making a mockery out of them. I'm referring to Tiger Woods' wife and and that female monkey, which just seemed like a slap in the face for these cheated wives.
So overall, I agree about the hypocrisy of at least some people, and I know that the "restraint"- and the "don't condone it" - aspect has been pointed out at least once, but this episode still seemed to excuse cheating and being a manslut just a tad too much for my taste.
They've been mocking slutty women a lot throughout the series, which probably isn't that unjustified, but I just don't think men should have a free pass for everything either only because the average man has the natural tendency to be more promiscuous than the average woman.
It's rare that I disagree with a message in an episode of SP, and I'm sure the next couple of episodes are going to be as great as season 13. Don't hate on me, people, I'm a huge fan, but when I disagree about something in a new episode of SP, I just have to make a comment about it.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion PostThu Apr 01, 2010 9:10 pm Offline
Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:00 pm1
Diabeteth wrote:
I liked the ending more after watching it again and paying close attention to the wizard-alien. After seeing for myself that it was indeed the turd-in-the-punchbowl, tied up and in costume (and almost certainly gagged) I put together a few things. I understood that everyone knew better than to actually think that a wizard-alien was behind everything. It took me time to realize what seems incredibly obvious now: that was just an excuse. An excuse so that the men can feel all the sexual desires they want without taking any responsibility. That makes the episode seem a little bit deeper.

Even so, I still believe the ending was weak.

I just wanted to send you a thank you for being the only person to explain this. I had to go 10 pages to find it. How did everyone miss the men talking sarcastic and looking sideways at the women the WHOLE episode!!! Did anyone notice how Tiger makes his apology then says his wife won't have to cheat on him for revenge and she glances sideways at him?

Obviously this was not some attack at Obama either, it was all about the men playing like they didn't understand why these rich successful men were promiscuous (when they really did, dur). You people are dense.

Personally, this is among my favorite episodes of south park. The satire was spot on and rightfully soared right over many viewers heads.

Sort by  
Page 12 of 14 204 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next