Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 10 of 16 226 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
Author Message
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 4:08 am Offline
  • Profile
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:48 am16
jesussdad wrote:
there seems to be a pattern here. the discerning adult viewers like myself seem to favour 1401 over 1402. so it seems they're making alternating eps. one for the adult viewers then one for the kids.
we are all too aware that kids are the massive majority of the fan base but i dont think they should pander to them so much. especially since its a late night show labelled "adult animation" in my tv guide.
keep it grown up i say. the kids will still watch and they wont piss off fans like me me who have watched from the very beginning. they owe me for watching baseketball :D

I'm 21, not exactly a kid, and I enjoyed the 2nd ep more than the first. Stop trying to make this about age or maturity; it is more about differing senses of humor than anything else.

Episode 1, for me, seemed too forced and formulaic. I understood the point they were getting across, but it was just 'meh' overall. It wasn't bad, but just wasn't as naturally funny as this latest episode was. Sure, it might have had some immaturity (as if that's a bad thing?), but nothing beats Morgan Freeman reading a book written by Butters about pee and poo.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 5:28 am Offline
  • Profile
Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:34 am66
Smagma wrote:
jesussdad wrote:
there seems to be a pattern here. the discerning adult viewers like myself seem to favour 1401 over 1402. so it seems they're making alternating eps. one for the adult viewers then one for the kids.
we are all too aware that kids are the massive majority of the fan base but i dont think they should pander to them so much. especially since its a late night show labelled "adult animation" in my tv guide.
keep it grown up i say. the kids will still watch and they wont piss off fans like me me who have watched from the very beginning. they owe me for watching baseketball :D

I'm 21, not exactly a kid, and I enjoyed the 2nd ep more than the first. Stop trying to make this about age or maturity; it is more about differing senses of humor than anything else.

Episode 1, for me, seemed too forced and formulaic. I understood the point they were getting across, but it was just 'meh' overall. It wasn't bad, but just wasn't as naturally funny as this latest episode was. Sure, it might have had some immaturity (as if that's a bad thing?), but nothing beats Morgan Freeman reading a book written by Butters about pee and poo.


yup. as i predicted some dumb kid has taken offence. i thought i was grown up at 21 too but your not .
that whole puking saga was overdone even before sp and quite frankly we deserve better.
so there.... now you have the lurgy.

:D
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 5:42 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:03 am2
I think the first ep was waaay better than the second ep. The second relied to heavily on not-so-funny-puke-jokes wich got old really fast. :zombiekenny:
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 5:53 am Offline
  • Profile
Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:39 am1
Don't you guys see that it is all a metaphor?
Matt & trey are the souhpark kids, we are the dumb people, and this episode is actually resembled by the book.

Or wait? am I foolish just to believe there is actually something behind this episode, which makes me one of the 'dumb people' represented ?

Anyway, stop moosehunting, you can never know for sure...
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 7:59 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:48 am66
willowrose wrote:
May I remind everyone of a little something called P. Derby? THAT was a horrible episode. It had no rhyme or reason to it. Yet it still had SP written all over it. It was just an unfunny, let down of an episode, but what made it funny was that it was so UNFUNNY.


I don't wanna get off topic but why does everyone hate the Pinewood derby episode so much?

I thought it was pretty good with the message about human greed.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 8:23 am Offline
  • Profile
Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:38 pm85
I loved the episode, thought it was pretty close to a perfect episode. The vomitting might have gotten old to some and I can see why, but I think they kept changing it just enough to keep it fresh and new. I especially could not stop laughing when on "The Today Show" the hosts were spitting 3-4 times after vomitting; and I really don't know why that was so funny, but it just floored me.

Also to all the people who have a problem with them making fun of Sarah Jessica Parker; how do you even like South Park? If you go back into the history of South Park they've made fun of Sally Struthers (Jabba the Hutt likeness), Fred Savage at the film festival, Ben Affleck (at least twice), Barbara Streisand, Oprah, Angelina Jolie, Paris Hilton; you can go on and on. Try to find one season where they don't make of a celebrity, I doubt it exists. They hate celebrities and make fun of them every chance they get, that's why they feature celebrities on the show. The shows that always get the biggest response are the ones like 'Trapped in the Closet' where they make fun of Tom Cruise, R-Kelly, and John Travolta; and they seem to be the shows they enjoy doing as well. I know I personally prefer to see the kids interacting with some celebrity I hate then just doing some random shocking thing like in old episodes.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 11:02 am Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
Raisinz wrote:
willowrose wrote:
May I remind everyone of a little something called P. Derby? THAT was a horrible episode. It had no rhyme or reason to it. Yet it still had SP written all over it. It was just an unfunny, let down of an episode, but what made it funny was that it was so UNFUNNY.


I don't wanna get off topic but why does everyone hate the Pinewood derby episode so much?

I thought it was pretty good with the message about human greed.

Dude, that was the second worst episode I've ever seen. It was about Randy bitching at the world leaders, really, REALLY boring, and the alien thing was just crap.

jessusdad wrote:
yup. as i predicted some dumb kid has taken offence. i thought i was grown up at 21 too but your not .
that whole puking saga was overdone even before sp and quite frankly we deserve better.
so there.... now you have the lurgy.
Hey there Mr. Dick! Pretty funny that you call him dumb when you can't even use proper spelling and grammar. I agree with you about the episode, but you don't have to be such a douche to people who don't.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 11:14 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
jesussdad wrote:
yup. as i predicted some dumb kid has taken offence. i thought i was grown up at 21 too but your not.


With all due respect, if you're 21, you need to start acting like it. People have different opinions, and I figure by your age, you'd have reached that conclusion.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 11:19 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
jesusdad, your assumptions are just as asinine as the post that more or less said, "If you don't blindly love the show, f*ck off.".
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 11:23 am Offline
  • Profile
Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:02 am2
Can anybody answer, what is the song playing when they were writting the book? :santa:
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 11:41 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
mrdumbass wrote:
Can anybody answer, what is the song playing when they were writting the book? :santa:

Something the house band made for the episode. It lasts only as long as the montage, so it's not anything you can buy in stores. But I can record it and post it for youse. :)

http://www.spscriptorium.com/SPMedia/14 ... Guitar.mp3
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 11:55 am Offline
  • Profile
Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 am29
mrdumbass wrote:
Can anybody answer, what is the song playing when they were writting the book? :santa:



That tune was perfect for that montage. Straight up elevator music set to the penning of the most filthy novel ever. Perfect contrast. And the boys just seemed so content with themselves. I love seeing them all get along together like that. My favorite part of the episode, for sure.
They're not people, they're hippies!!!
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 am18
BUT WHERES THE ALIEN?!?! :(
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 12:41 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Since you're the first to ask, you should look for it and get back to us if you find it. :) I don't think there was one, but then I didn't look.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 1:17 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:48 am16
jesussdad wrote:
Smagma wrote:
jesussdad wrote:
there seems to be a pattern here. the discerning adult viewers like myself seem to favour 1401 over 1402. so it seems they're making alternating eps. one for the adult viewers then one for the kids.
we are all too aware that kids are the massive majority of the fan base but i dont think they should pander to them so much. especially since its a late night show labelled "adult animation" in my tv guide.
keep it grown up i say. the kids will still watch and they wont piss off fans like me me who have watched from the very beginning. they owe me for watching baseketball :D

I'm 21, not exactly a kid, and I enjoyed the 2nd ep more than the first. Stop trying to make this about age or maturity; it is more about differing senses of humor than anything else.

Episode 1, for me, seemed too forced and formulaic. I understood the point they were getting across, but it was just 'meh' overall. It wasn't bad, but just wasn't as naturally funny as this latest episode was. Sure, it might have had some immaturity (as if that's a bad thing?), but nothing beats Morgan Freeman reading a book written by Butters about pee and poo.


yup. as i predicted some dumb kid has taken offence. i thought i was grown up at 21 too but your not .
that whole puking saga was overdone even before sp and quite frankly we deserve better.
so there.... now you have the lurgy.

:D

At what point did I say I was a fully grown adult? I said I wasn't a young kid. And, judging by your comments, you haven't matured a day in your life. Age does not equate to intelligence, unfortunately.

Read my last response again; where did you think I had taken offense (<--note, one of the words you misspelled) to your comment? Honestly, your comment was much too meaningless for me to have been offended by, sorry to burst your bubble. You live in a black and white world where kids must enjoy one thing and adults another. The truth is, kids (teens) and adults more often enjoy the same things.. the real divider is their respective intelligence levels and senses of humor. I have come across plenty of 15-year-olds that are much smarter and capable of critical thinking than some dumbass 50-year-old religious fanatic that watches Glenn Beck all day.

And again, I think the vomiting component of this episode was a parody of a Monty Python skit. It was repetitive for a reason; the content of the book was so mystically convulsing that it was impossible to read it without hurling a bit.
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 10 of 16 226 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X