Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 16 226 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 6:05 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
Okay, you guys can quit arguing now. Seriously.

Kind of ironic, looking at everyone here. We're talking about the deeper message behind an episode about a book with no deeper message. We think that the episode's message is that South Park doesn't always have some deeper message. Paradox!
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 7:12 pm Offline
Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 pm67
This episode is really lame. It reminded me of season six, which in my opinion was the worst season ever. I didn't laugh even once and the running gag of people vomiting made it worse.
- 4/10
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 8:34 pm Offline
Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 pm2
im sorry tray & mat but these two first episodes of season 14 are far under than the average. i didn't laugh at all... i hope that your next eps are better! anyways, thank you for your effort. just keep trying guys!!!
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Mar 27, 2010 8:35 pm Offline
Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:13 pm2
this ep is stupid... not funny at all
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSun Mar 28, 2010 9:08 am Offline
Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:38 pm85
I don't remember who said it, but I think there's some truth in the idea that they alternate between types of shows that appeal to different viewers. Whether or not it's on purpose or just their preference, when you go back and look at all the seasons you can find some staple episodes. You'll have a completely Cartman driven episode, you'll have a totally nonsensical episode, you'll more than likely have an episode that makes fun of summer blockbusters and/or Michael Bay, and probably have Cartman vs Butters as well. All their episodes boil down to one simple thing though: They think it's funny.

Honestly I think this episode was South Park at it's purest form: Takes a shot at society with Catcher in the Rye, the controversial book that's so filthy you can't help but vomit when reading but still they find a deeper meaning, and the 2nd book sucking so much but people still liking it because the 1st book was popular, throw in some cracks about celebrities with SJP and Morgan Freeman, and the shocking gross out factor of everyone in the world vomitting. You don't get more South Park than that. I think people who are saying that it sucked and they didn't laugh at all need to loosen up and realize this is a show about 4 kids who give each other aids, fake having tourette syndrome so they can swear on national tv, want to exterminate the jews, make a child eat their parents, and were saved by a mythical monster with a celery hand and patrick duffy for a leg. Come on, what else are you possibly expecting?
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSun Mar 28, 2010 10:07 am Offline
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm55
Season six was the worst season ever? What? A Ladder To Heaven? Biggest Douche In The Universe? Return Of The Lord Of The Rings To The Two Towers? Really? :timmy:

Matt Lauer burping and puking and spitting not funny? Really? :parishilton:

I don't get it. Maybe I'm a cheap date, but all this stuff made me laugh my arse off.
You know - I've learned something today.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSun Mar 28, 2010 1:52 pm Offline
Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:14 am4
javihp wrote:
this ep is stupid... not funny at all

Each season does have bad episodes or episodes that we may not like.
Sincerly I did enjoy the recent ones and I see them as great. Maybe the PD was not so good as it was with stuff for 4th graders and combined with the usual stufft saving the world or destroying everything :) Of course the alien lines were not so great , but not everything is funny , you can see it as an entertainment.
If you do not like SP or the episodes , you should remember the PA. .. should not be viewed by anyone . So do not look if you do not like.
The episode is great and the stuff with spitting is great. The vomit is nice as is a repugnant and gross stuff :) but even my girlfriend that watches sh*t like sex in the city does find it very funny and we are watching together SP all the time.

For M & T
The only good comment was to kill SJP in a different way , that you can't expect ...with the dear f*king her or something like that , as I hate to predict stuff.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSun Mar 28, 2010 2:23 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
joedanger wrote:
Season six was the worst season ever? What? A Ladder To Heaven? Biggest Douche In The Universe? Return Of The Lord Of The Rings To The Two Towers? Really? :timmy:

Matt Lauer burping and puking and spitting not funny? Really? :parishilton:

I don't get it. Maybe I'm a cheap date, but all this stuff made me laugh my arse off.

I know, season 6 is like, one of my favorites!! (heavy on Stan lol) The Two Towers Episode is on my top 10 list and Ladder to Heaven is a classic and one, if not the 1st SP episode I ever saw years ago so it holds special meaning. I love season 6! :D

Maybe people don't like it just because Kenny wasn't in it?? :?
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSun Mar 28, 2010 2:38 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
I'm glad they took the piss out of the "Cather in the Rye". It's probably one of the most overrated books in liturature history. What Kyle said about Holden Caulfield was pretty much what I thought: "Some whiney annoying teenager talking about how lame he is", except that I'd add "spoiled".

"The kill the Phonies" -line that was used twice was also funny if you've read the book and got annoyed with the narrator calling everybody a phony.
The downside of this is that it was pretty much the only part of the episode that was funny except for Butters' parents grounding Butters, but exclaiming they were" very proud of him nonetheless". Butters wanting to "Kill John Lennon/Ronald Reagan" was a bit overused and predictable for my taste.I also didn't think the parts where SJP was mocked worked either. They just weren't funny enough to justify the amount of time that was spent mocking her. It's not that I really care that much and it's probably a matter of taste, but there are uglier women out there in my opinion and I think celebrities really should get made fun of because of other things than their appearance, mostly their lack of talent or their behaviour. The whole thing could have been funny if people just kept vomiting while reading her name aloud or if - as sb suggested - it would have been Jimbo and Ned who shot her.
Another thing I didn't like too much was that Stan and Kyle had to put the blame on Butters. It's just a bit disappointing when two of the few nicer characters in SP act like jerks. I really felt like "go Butters" when he said that for once, he was going to take advantage of THEM. Now if the kids would have blamed Cartman, knowing that everybody knows he is an a**hole and it would be three against one, I'd have found it funny: or if they tried to blame Craig or Token or Clyde or some other random kid, that could have been funny too. Or imagine, Timmy, thinking he wouldn't get punished anyway because of his disability: Just imagine him having readings by himself of "his" work: Timmy, Timmy, Timmy, Sarah Jessica Parker, Timmy.... :lol:
I don't know, i just would have found that funnier. Blaming a kid like poor Butters is about as low as you can get.
On the upside, I really liked that Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman acted like kids again through the whole episode, so the whole "blaming Butters"-thing probably wasn't all that bad, although I hope Stan and Kyle aren't going to act like jerks too often.

So, after listing all the negative things: it was only mildly funny, too many overplayed jokes and recycled scenes from other episodes like in the courtroom, the kids not staying in SP , using people that aren't SP-residents, too much vomiting - even though that was the point of the episode, too much SJP, Stan and Kyle acting like jerks etc. I have to say it was better than 1401. I really thought the message was spot on and that it was a really intelligent episode overall -people have already commented on it, and I've nothing to add -, but the delivery just was a bit too gross and I generally prefer episodes in which the focus is mainly on entertaining the viewer, like Woodland critter Christmas, The Coon, Christian rock hard etc. Overall, not a particularly great episode, but not a really bad one either. I just hope that the next five episodes are going to be mainly funny and entertaining, instead of trying to be as smart and gross as possible.

EDIT: It's still miles better than "Sexual Healing".
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSun Mar 28, 2010 6:10 pm Offline
Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:16 pm67
Quote:
"A SouthPark Orange"]"Another thing I didn't like too much was that Stan and Kyle had to put the blame on Butters. It's just a bit disappointing when two of the few nicer characters in SP act like jerks. I really felt like "go Butters" when he said that for once, he was going to take advantage of THEM. Blaming a kid like poor Butters is about as low as you can get.
On the upside, I really liked that Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman acted like kids again through the whole episode, so the whole "blaming Butters"-thing probably wasn't all that bad, although I hope Stan and Kyle aren't going to act like jerks too often."
Quote:

I'm glad that I wasn't the only who thought that was OOC of Stan and Kyle.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSun Mar 28, 2010 8:12 pm Offline
Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:10 pm1
OK, typically (always?) when SP rags on a celebrity, it's someone who's demonstrated some kind of at least obno behavior: Barbra Streisand, Kathy Lee Gifford, Martha Stewart, Hillary Clinton, J-Lo, Angelina Jolie, Paris Hilton. But you never read or hear anything bad about Sarah Jessica Parker, in fact, for a celeb, she has a pretty sweet reputation as a genuinely nice person.

So my beef about this SJP thing is just how mean, unimaginative and bottom of the barrel it was. Just "she's ugly." Wow, what wit. And this SJP joke isn't remotely original: Trey and Matt are big to rag on Seth McFarlane and Family Guy and talk about how insultingly stupid FG is, but I can think of at least two times FG has made a similar—but more clever—gag. This was just childish and stupid.

And if you listen to their South Park DVD commentaries, they're forever trying to make it sound like they're so high-minded. "Base" (as in lowbrow or common) is a big buzzword for them. "Well, we'd thought of having Cartman in the Special Olympics, but that alone was just so base." "…is just so base."

So where's the wit, the intelligence, the humor in just saying: "She's ugly?" I'll tell you: There is none. It's base. I'd add that it's sophomoric, but it doesn't even reach that level. Season 13 sucked out loud; so far, season 14 is no better. These guys aren't even trying anymore, they're just phoning it in. The Sexual Healing ep was a ripoff of their own (and infinitely better) Bloody Mary.

And, by the way, Ed Wood is on right now and SJP after reading a scathing review of Ed's play that she's in, has a line: "Did he really say I have a face like a horse?" which demonstrates an ability to laugh at herself and grace (and Trey and Matt's complete lack of originality and imagination).

And just to demonstrate that I can be as bick a d**kweed as them: Matt Stone's not bad looking, tho the unfortunate hair loss isn't doing him any favors, but Trey Parker? There's an UGLY dude right there.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSun Mar 28, 2010 10:42 pm Offline
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:53 pm122Austria
TorJohnson wrote:
OK, typically (always?) when SP rags on a celebrity, it's someone who's demonstrated some kind of at least obno behavior: Barbra Streisand, Kathy Lee Gifford, Martha Stewart, Hillary Clinton, J-Lo, Angelina Jolie, Paris Hilton. But you never read or hear anything bad about Sarah Jessica Parker, in fact, for a celeb, she has a pretty sweet reputation as a genuinely nice person.

I'm thinking exactly the same. That's the reason I didn't enjoy it that much when they ripped on her. If her name was just mentioned in the book I would have found it ok.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 11:08 am Offline
Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:03 am1
I didn't like at all how they made fun of Sarah Jessica Parker the whole episode just for being "ugly". She's a sweet girl, decent and doesn't like to get in trouble. On the other hand, a tremendous slut like Kim Kardashian, who's only famous for being a whore and having a huge ass, gets so much love. I think its really unfair. Imagine if SJP commits suicide because of this episode? How would you guys feel? I love Southpark, and because of that Im gonna continue watching the show, otherwise I'd never watch again after this horrible episode.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 11:16 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Fedfan wrote:
Imagine if SJP commits suicide because of this episode? How would you guys feel?

I'd feel like, "she committed suicide over this episode? She must have problems before it aired..."
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 12:15 pm Offline
Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:37 am29
Fedfan wrote:
On the other hand, a tremendous slut like Kim Kardashian, who's only famous for being a whore and having a huge ass, gets so much love. I think its really unfair. Imagine if SJP commits suicide because of this episode? How would you guys feel?

Uhhhhh, am I mistaken, or wasn't Kardashian and her entire family taken out by a shotgun in this episode? What love are you talking about? They were portrayed as dumb, conceited bimbos in this episode and were murdered in their own home. Again, I ask, what are you talking about?

And who gives a f*ck about Sarah Jessica Parker? Boo-hoo, waaa waaa waaa. I hope she does kill herself. It would make "Scrotie McBoogerballs" the greatest episode ever. All you people complaining about South Park being sophomoric and immature have clearly forgotten what show you're watching. You're all just so up your own asses with your love for South Park that you can't even appreciate it for the little things anymore. Everything needs a message and when there isn't one you all bitch about how dumb the episode was.

SJP is an ugly donkey witch and I'd kiss Matt and Trey's ugly faces any day of the week for saying so.
They're not people, they're hippies!!!

Sort by  
Page 11 of 16 226 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next