Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 12 of 16 226 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 2:00 pm Offline
Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:56 pm1
Am I the only one who saw a reference to Dan Brown? And the whole conflict he had with other authors.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 pm Offline
Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:38 pm85
TorJohnson wrote:
OK, typically (always?) when SP rags on a celebrity, it's someone who's demonstrated some kind of at least obno behavior: Barbra Streisand, Kathy Lee Gifford, Martha Stewart, Hillary Clinton, J-Lo, Angelina Jolie, Paris Hilton.

So my beef about this SJP thing is just how mean, unimaginative and bottom of the barrel it was. Just "she's ugly." Wow, what wit. And this SJP joke isn't remotely original: Trey and Matt are big to rag on Seth McFarlane and Family Guy and talk about how insultingly stupid FG is, but I can think of at least two times FG has made a similar—but more clever—gag. This was just childish and stupid.

And if you listen to their South Park DVD commentaries, they're forever trying to make it sound like they're so high-minded. "Base" (as in lowbrow or common) is a big buzzword for them. "Well, we'd thought of having Cartman in the Special Olympics, but that alone was just so base." "…is just so base."

So where's the wit, the intelligence, the humor in just saying: "She's ugly?" I'll tell you: There is none. It's base. I'd add that it's sophomoric, but it doesn't even reach that level.

I can see where you're coming from with that. I suppose my only argument would be that "someone who demonstrates odd behavior" is a broad term; a person who is on a show about sex that's ugly (the only good looking one is the brunette anyway) is kind of ironic and funny to point out. I know in my circle we always joke about her, penelope cruz, and other horse-face women when the topic presents itself.

There was really only just one actual jab at her anyway with the whole "tranvestive donkey witch" (rofl) comment; and you have to remember these celebrities (if she's as level-minded as you say) do not take this stuff that serious. I was just reading a book about Sacha Baron Cohen today and am reminded about how he has always been able to take negative things and turn them into good publicity. He's friends with Madonna but he rags on her and calls her a tranvestite on the MTV Movie Awards; celebrities are fair game and I would assume once you reach the level she's at, she can laugh at it all the way to the bank.

I agree that it's a very "base" joke and I get the significance related to the commentaries, but just because the joke is simple doesn't mean it's less funny in my opinion. I mean hell, my 60 year old mother watched that show with me and she laughed her ass off, and she's not one for vulgar or inane humor. I also think they're the first to actually declare publicly that despite her noteriety, she is extremely un-attractive, so grats to them on being first and saying what I've been thinking for awhile! ;)
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 2:40 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
Skrotex wrote:
Fedfan wrote:
On the other hand, a tremendous slut like Kim Kardashian, who's only famous for being a whore and having a huge ass, gets so much love. I think its really unfair. Imagine if SJP commits suicide because of this episode? How would you guys feel?

Uhhhhh, am I mistaken, or wasn't Kardashian and her entire family taken out by a shotgun in this episode? What love are you talking about? They were portrayed as dumb, conceited bimbos in this episode and were murdered in their own home. Again, I ask, what are you talking about?

And who gives a f*ck about Sarah Jessica Parker? Boo-hoo, waaa waaa waaa. I hope she does kill herself. It would make "Scrotie McBoogerballs" the greatest episode ever. All you people complaining about South Park being sophomoric and immature have clearly forgotten what show you're watching. You're all just so up your own asses with your love for South Park that you can't even appreciate it for the little things anymore. Everything needs a message and when there isn't one you all bitch about how dumb the episode was.

SJP is an ugly donkey witch and I'd kiss Matt and Trey's ugly faces any day of the week for saying so.

Congrats, you are a giant dick.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 2:47 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
Kyle's awesome, and A SouthPark Orange: You've got a point. Was it out of character for Stan and Kyle to go along with framing Butters? My opinion on the matter is.... maybe.

They have been more civil towards Butters in recent seasons, that's true. But remember when Butters was just starting to become a common character? Especially in the 6th season, but there have been plenty of times besides then. And even fairly recently, they haven't exactly always been great friends with him. Stan and Kyle aren't complete jerks, but they aren't perfect little angels, either.

.... Wow. Talk about a long, pointless analysis. This was a lot longer, but I shortened it a bunch when I realized that most people don't care. It's still too long, isn't it?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 4:04 pm Offline
Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:48 am16
Pretty sure they were calling SJP "ugly" because they were making fun of how she's always being attacked by many form of popular culture for not being attractive enough. Nothing else is wrong with her.. but many men's magazines, media pundits, and shows are often talking about how ugly they think she is.. how horse-like her face is etc. So South Park just exaggerated this common reaction as they often do. They probably don't personally dislike her.
Dissapointing but Good PostMon Mar 29, 2010 4:07 pm Offline
Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:43 pm45
2.5/5 ** episode

i wanted it to be great, but eh...it was "only" good :)
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 5:00 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
i like how he stood up to the boys its about time now
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostMon Mar 29, 2010 5:40 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Diabeteth wrote:
Kyle's awesome, and A SouthPark Orange: You've got a point. Was it out of character for Stan and Kyle to go along with framing Butters? My opinion on the matter is.... maybe.

They have been more civil towards Butters in recent seasons, that's true. But remember when Butters was just starting to become a common character? Especially in the 6th season, but there have been plenty of times besides then. And even fairly recently, they haven't exactly always been great friends with him. Stan and Kyle aren't complete jerks, but they aren't perfect little angels, either.

.... Wow. Talk about a long, pointless analysis. This was a lot longer, but I shortened it a bunch when I realized that most people don't care. It's still too long, isn't it?

It's like, if one of the boys needs to be on Butters' side in an eppy, they will. If they need a scapegoat, like in this episode, they'll use him. I mean how could they not? They know he'll believe anything they tell him. They don't hate him, they get along great- when the moment arises. But Cartman is always the ass around Butters and it's always hilarious. :lol:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostTue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 am Offline
Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:15 pm107Brisvegas
Niels0827 wrote:
Aleicia wrote:
I am sick and tired of seeing celebrities, talk shows, scientists, secret agencies, repetitive lines, tedious running gags and MALE AND FEMALE EXTRAS WITH THE SAME DAMN VOICE.

Don't forget television reporters.

Ooh, can't forget that. I hope the episodes improve...
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostTue Mar 30, 2010 6:25 am Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:17 am1
I couldn't help thinking that this was a shot across the bow of Family Guy...
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostTue Mar 30, 2010 8:54 am Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
Stanluv25 wrote:
Diabeteth wrote:

It's like, if one of the boys needs to be on Butters' side in an eppy, they will. If they need a scapegoat, like in this episode, they'll use him. I mean how could they not? They know he'll believe anything they tell him. They don't hate him, they get along great- when the moment arises. But Cartman is always the ass around Butters and it's always hilarious. :lol:

And if it's something like, "Our parents are going to find out we were playing with weapons!" even Kyle would go along with killing Butters. :lol: They're okay with him, but he's just always the victim in their exploits.

Nice to see him get his own back.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostWed Mar 31, 2010 10:26 pm Offline
Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:26 pm7
This was my favourite episode for some time, and a lot of the episodes have been very strong lately. I wonder though if Matt & Trey have heard about my book, Secrets of Popular Culture, in which they and South Park are discussed at length in a way not entirely different to the way the adults of South Park discuss the hidden themes of Scrotie McBoogerballs.
PostFri Apr 09, 2010 5:13 pm Offline
Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:48 pm0
this eposide is awsome.i love the clothes butters wears and that he says he was just being the voice of a genration
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Apr 10, 2010 11:19 am Offline
Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:16 am1
Still can't watch it in Holland -_-
Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus PostSat Apr 10, 2010 1:33 pm Offline
Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:17 pm1
This episode was supposed to air in Holland yesterday but in stead they aired an old episode and 1402 still isn't available online... what's up with that?

Sort by  
Page 12 of 16 226 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next