Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 18 266 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 1:55 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Not being a FB member, the farmville part was strange, but not unfamiliar. Many of my real life friends are on FB and are constantly doing that farm thing.

I did like the Tron thing. And the Yahtzee game.

I've seen it three times now, and I'll comment later (when I've had some sleep). But I did pause the show several times to see everything listed in the banner during Cartman's podcast, and during the friend party given by Stan's profile.

Pip was not in the episode :( I hope he is going to be referenced in episode 200. I like Pip, even though MnT don't. I guess Pip is gone - moved away or something. But for 1404, I did have the feeling of old time South Park and still keeping up with current events (FB). As I said, more later after some sleep.

Good job, MnT :) Good night!
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 2:00 am Offline
Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:20 pm5
SirKerrek wrote:
Now, I don't really like getting all analytical... I mean, It's South Park for Chrissakes, but allow me to make one observation.

Last week's show was simpering, inane, and non-sequitir, using head explosions, giant-balls, and fried chicken as modes for jokes. And I loved it.

Now take tonight's show. It was intelligent, super-dense (seriously: Facebook, Chatroulette, Mad Money parody, and Tron), and it had a good heart with a good message. It was not ROFL material, certainly, but it was great. I loved it.

I don't know if it's my blind zombie-esque devotion to the show, or if I'm simply someone who can accept a large range of topics and episode styles... but the fact that South Park can be good both of those ways... kinda just serves as a testament to its awesomeness.

8/10. In my opinion, this run has been really solid so far.

200th next week! Can't wait!

≤3 Couldn't have said it better myself.
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 2:02 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Many of my real life friends are on FB and are constantly doing that farm thing.

So are mine. And many of my friends there are family. :lol: I don't play Farmville, nor Mafia Wars, but I do play Bejeweled Blitz and Jungle Jewels. I love Tetris-like games. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 2:06 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
I do enjoy the ripping of Facebook. The dialogue in the opening scene seemed a little stilted nonetheless. The way social networking has transformed how people both view and devalue friendships and, by extension, people is one of the more disturbing elements in society. The interconnectivity of society is, in my opinion, a bad thing. The scenes get progressively better. The Jim Kramer parody was funny as hell. Stan getting hammered was great stuff.
Strong first act.

The start of act II was trippy. Never heard of chatroulette. Stan getting stuck in Facebook was comical- how asinine and comical Facebook communication can be is shown in person to person and hilarity is the result. The Cartman/Kyle scene was good, especially since it wasn't about them fighting. The theater scene is a little tragic, really.XD

Act 2 was strong.

"Dude, f*ck your crops!" was hilarious. The profile's voice had a bit of Cartman, Stan, and Satan. "f*ck off, dad." I liked it.

This was a great episode. The message was clear and communicated effectively- Cartman was used well, Kyle was used well, Stan was great, and overall, I was extremely pleased. It didn't make the episode about Facebook itself, but about the devaluing of relationships due to social media. Great laughs, great message.

The Tron parody was purely aesthetics, which was smart. The Jim Kramer parody-awesome, and while Act 3 was the weakest plot wise, it contained many great lines.

9.5/10. Best of the season because it remain focused and on point.

Stan is a badass at Yahtzee, loves his Xbox, studies in school(which makes him better than I), and just rules. Kyle is sick of ninja talk and wonders if The Hurt Locker deserves the oscar.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 2:08 am Offline
Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:15 pm107Brisvegas
I've played Sorority Life. I hate that game. The majority of people on there are bitter old women. You slap one and all hell breaks loose.
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 2:40 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Just been on Kip drordy`s facebook page he has

10,848 fans :D
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 2:41 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Good-good-strong-sweet-clean solid episode. I giggled all the way through it.
(What is up with Kenny's LT? What is it from 1992 or something?)
I'll be honest, there have been some nights when I've been the Kip Drordy of the here. You know, those times when it's really late (or early), you're wide awake and bored out of your skull? Yeah, I've just sat here refreshing the BBS seeing if there's any new posts, and been a little bummed when there aren't any.
Fartman's take off on Kramer is always a giggle. I just wish that once, one of those buttons had played the turkey gobble from Between Two Ferns with Jon Hamm. I don't know why, but whenever I see a big red button, that's what I expect to hear when it is pressed. (I know, I'm just speshul like that.)
I really enjoyed the Tron spoof, even though I've never seen the movie. (did make me want to go and look up all the different versions of the Daft Punk theme for the upcoming movie though) Actually that's the second reference to a movie this season that I haven't seen, but am aware of the plot and such of.

Farmville seems like such a wäst of time to me. Hell, it's just a giant version of those... digi-pet keyring things, or whatever the hell they were called that were around in the ancient late 1990's, and I never saw the point in those either.

I know I had 2 or 3 other scenes to comment on here, but I seem to have forgotten them (been really ADD tonight for some reason). I'll just conclude with this; I refuse to get a FB myself, but I have been considering a twitter account as an outlet for the randome stuff that floats through my head from time to time. I've also been considering a LJ account for... ever, but mainly just to comment on other blogs (all 2 of them) that I follow.

OH! (thank god for people posting while I'm hand-crafting this fine post for you.)
I'm glad to see that they were able to fit in Chatroulette (charlotterae lol) somewhere in there. I know some have been calling for that. That line about wading through dicks makes me laugh every time I hear it.
Well now we have Confirmation. Stan's a Scorpio. (and he's 8 again) And Trey's b-day is the 19th, so we can therefore assume that Kyle's b-day is on May 26th.

More stuff later. Maybe after I've seen the uncensored version and freeze-framed on all of the little details I missed the first time around. I'm so fcukin' tired right now that I have no idea how I am able to write... or how trees work.
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 2:47 am Offline
Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:42 pm2721
BRMBug wrote:
(What is up with Kenny's LT? What is it from 1992 or something?

Kenny connects to the internet with a computer provided through the One Laptop per Child program. =p
Quote:
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 2:48 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
James--76 wrote:
Just been on Kip drordy`s facebook page he has

10,848 fans :D

I sure hope the Studios made that page! :D
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Quote:
I sure hope the Studios made that page

Probably fan made but what the heck i became a fan :D
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 3:10 am Offline
Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:33 pm218
It was posted on the official Twitter, plus the profile pic is High-Res so it's official.

Oh and the dates of the boys are completely accurate, minus the year. You just need to take off 8-9 years from the year to get their "birthyear".

E.g.
Season 1 (1997) = 1989 (They were all 8 at the time)
Season 4 (2000) = 1991ish (They were all practically 9 by now as they were in fourth grade)
Season 13 (2009) = 2000-2001ish (Stan's the oldest, so he turned "10" in Whale Whores, but it may've just been a birthday that "doesn't count" :P )

so forth. This episode was prety good overall, but I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 200TH EPISODE! :cartmanhappy: It's gonna kick ass!

I actually just started my 200th Episode tribute today (I had an idea and started working on it, but eventually ended up really hating it) and it's due in like 5 days so I'm gonna be under the stress (well, 1/10th anyway since it'll be only 2 minutes, not 20) that Matt and Trey are under every week xP
You Have 0 Friends PostThu Apr 08, 2010 3:23 am Offline
Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:43 am6
That was a great episode. I loved the reference to stock trading. That was brilliant. Friends really have become like commodities to be horded in the social networking space. I can barely keep track of the 21 friends I have on FB. I mean really, can we really have that many meaningful friendships in life?

And the Tron reference was great also. Trey and Matt keep delivering the goods here in the 14th season.

Favorite line: "Stan! Poke your Grandma!"
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 3:54 am Offline
Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:15 pm107Brisvegas
I liked this episode. It wasn't heavy on humour but for some reason I liked it. Kip Drordy was pretty tragic, but I did feel bad when Kyle deleted him. I thought the Chat Roulette thing was funny, but they could have done more than just guys jacking off. I've seen a lot more freaks on Chat Roulette doing other things. Didn't get the "Tron" thing, but I've never seen the movie, so yeah, can't say anything about that.
Nicee PostThu Apr 08, 2010 4:27 am Offline
Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:25 am0
Nice man. XD wahahaha
Re: *1404: You Have 0 Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 08, 2010 4:47 am Offline
Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:36 am1
completely bad ass... i like how it showed that just because you have Facebook friends does not make you popular. its like you become best friends with your computer... and secondly what if your friends acted the way they do on face book like showing you pictures n talking weird n sh*t.....and i know i know by replying to this message board i am getting "sucked into" all this internet sh*t, haha but oh well. i just think the creators of south park are smart and bad ass. PEACE!

Sort by  
Page 5 of 18 266 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next