Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 26 385 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 8:42 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
jewlover wrote :
> 7/10
>
> I've never seen a kid get screwed by a shark either.
>
> I loved the flip cards, that was awesome! AND WASHCLOTH! Omg, that was so
> funny!
>
> And I-I-I, I'm a towel
We're ALL towels, my dear.

:lol:
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 8:45 pm Offline
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:48 am66
I loved it. All the looney tunes-ness, but with classic south park combined.
I don't know if the writers think Looney Tunes is dumb and did this as a retaliation for last week, but if that was really their goal then they failed. This was just too awesome n funny.

Nice to know Towelie has a son washcloth now. :lol:
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 8:55 pm Offline
Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:55 am7
beersaround wrote :
> I think this episode is a response to being censored... they are using old
> 1950's warner brothers characters and jokes. showing how terrible cartoons
> used to be. if they cant be progressive they might as well recycle the same
> old crap. let go of the choke chain comedy central. let artists express
> themselves. and dont force us to watch a terrible piece of sh*t episode
> like this again.

Yeah I think the point is that if they are going to be censored, South Park might as well be Looney Toons.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 8:59 pm Offline
Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:37 am15
AngusMcTavish wrote :
> jewlover wrote :
> > 7/10
> >
> > I've never seen a kid get screwed by a shark either.
> >

i've never seen a kid get screwed. period.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:16 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:36 pm34
Jeff321 wrote :
> Yeah I think the point is that if they are going to be censored, South Park might as
> well be Looney Toons.

That's nonsense. Trey and Matt have said in interviews how much they admire Looney Tunes, and this is not the first time they have referenced those cartoons in a loving way (Osama Bin Laden has Farty Pants.)
Did you learn nothing from Scrotie McBoogerballs?

P.S. If you think Looney Tunes has never been censored, you should check out some of the banned material on youtube sometime. Comedy gold.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:22 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Hooogaaaaann!!! Oh wait, that's not right.

I went and watched this one at Grandma's to get a jump on commenting.
It was a solid giggle, but I'm gonna have to watch it again. I kept the volume down to keep from bothering the tenants, so I didn't quite catch everything.
With the different opening I was completely confused until I saw Toweliyeyyiey. Screw me, I didn't think they'd use him this run. And omg, Lady Towelie looks like a nice piece.
"Camp Tardicaca" :roll:
The shark gag was somewhat predictable, but I loled. (poor kid got kenny'd in the end didn't he?)
Loved the old school homage. I'm still having trouble placing all of the different characters. The ones that are really getting me are the ones that seem so familiar, but you just can't quite place them. (screencaps later)
Shame I didn't see this person in the BG: http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/ ... 978838.gif
The Intervention titles did get a tad annoying, but it was funny.
It's a bad idea trying to write this with the tv on, because now I'm forgetting what all I was going to talk about. I think I'll have to wait until I see it again on the site before I can say more.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:23 pm Offline
Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:19 pm3
I liked it, enjoyed seeing characters like Droopy, and Elmer Fudd again! Plus i needed me some Towelie.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:18 pm1
If all the kids are looney tunes characters, who were Nathan and the fat kid suppose to be?
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:27 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
If anyone is interested, here are the lyrics of the song played during the start of Looney Tunes Cartoons:

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... 2328PM.png
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:35 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
manylaughs wrote :
> If all the kids are looney tunes characters, who were Nathan and the fat
> kid suppose to be?
Remember the two thugs in some of those cartoons? Rocky was the guy in the tall hat, and Muggsy was his big lummox henchman.

"Shaddap, Muggsy."
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:40 pm Offline
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:01 am23New York, NY
AHHHH! Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant!!! Once again, they save the best episode for the finale. I loved everything about it. The Loony Toons shout outs (and some Hanna-Barbera?), the Intervention story, Cartman never changing, baby washcloth.... so many random, insane elements yet Trey tied them together brilliantly!

Oh.... and I'm totally going to learn "Tardicaca Hula Gal" and play it on my ukulele. I hope they post the whole song on the site somewhere.

"She's sure to make you giggle with that naughty little wiggle" :lol:
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:45 pm Offline
Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:07 pm29
the bent downward nose kid was based off of "BEAKY BUZZARD", and their was an elmer fudd knock-off as well. can't think of the others off hand right now..
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:47 pm Offline
Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:42 pm5
I think South Park may have been making a subtle nod to the fact that a lot of old school Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera shows have been censored and banned from TV. This is mostly because such cartoons are deemed 'subconsciously racist' due to the lack of verbal restraints in the 50's and 60's. Usually, what people deem offensive in these shows is nothing to worry about at all, but that won't stop the douche bags in charge from making brand new, neon-colored, kung-fu action fighting anime-influenced Looney Tunes from 2074 'upgrades' to the original characters.

So in a way, I think they kind of mentioned 201; just in a real subtle way.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 pm Offline
Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:04 pm1
At the intervention were the kids reading their letters to comedy central?
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
The kids who spoke were parodies of these WB cartoon characters:

Elmer Fudd
Droopy Dawg
Beaky Buzzard
Rocky and Mugsy (that's Nathan and Mimsy, respectively)
Peter Puma

Any others? Post them here.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 4 of 26 385 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 26  Next