Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 26 385 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 10:16 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:06 pm1
Big-Will wrote :
> The kids who spoke were parodies of these WB cartoon characters:
>
> Elmer Fudd
> Droopy Dawg
> Beaky Buzzard
> Rocky and Mugsy (that's Nathan and Mimsy, respectively)
> Peter Puma
>
> Any others? Post them here.

Thought Nathan and Mimsy were like Pinky and the Brain, didn't think of Rocky and Mugsy. Thought one of the kids was also Porky the Pig.
Gave this episode 8/10, had some funny moments and the counselors not realizing what Nathan and Mimsy were up to was funny. Plus Towlie "Walking on Sunshine" was great too!
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 10:21 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:03 pm1
...also in cartman's speech he mentions the "jews taking away our freedoms." ...since viacom, disney, newscorp etc pretty much all media has the stereotype to be ran by jews( there are a lot of jews that have executive positions in these media corps) this may be a big slap in the face to the heads of viacom (viacom owns CC)...

I may be reading into this a bit too much, but cartman does mention how jews slid their ways into society and manages to TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOM...I'm not sure how else to interpret that, unless it's a meaningless anti semite rant by eric....am i an anti semite or did anyone else catch this lol
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:10 am1
I am not even part way through crippled summer. So this is what a tantrum is like by the writers. I'm as PO'd as anyone about 200 and 201's treatment but why make crap like this. This WAS the best year so far for the show until now. Put a little effort out for the fans instead of just giving up. Comedy Central are pu**ies but you don't have to be.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
First off- I am so happy the boys had a role in this one, I was nervous there for a second they might not.

At first I thought it was Million Little Fibers because I've never seen that episode. But once Stan's face popped up I breathed a sigh of relief. That CC had pulled this new episode and were showing an old one.

The Nathan and Mimsy thing was a bit annoying. There isn't a real reason he wanted Jimmy killed correct? He helped him out with the steroids in Up the Down Steroid. But yeah, their part had this 'old cartoon' vibe to it which I don't like. Loony Toons and things like that annoy me. Did love the shot of Jimmy surfing on real water lol. But yeah, the whole summer camp thing was a bit annoying.

The Towlie portion was funny. Love that he has a son, 'Washcloth.' :lol: And how upset Butters was about Towlie's drug habit. The fact he seems to be the only towel in the camp lol. The intervention was funny. Cartman having this huge hate speech against Jews. Classic but funny because he could care less about Towlie. Stan's note to Towlie- short and to the point, like everything else Stan says and does :lol: .

All in all, pretty weak mid-season final. I cannot cannot possibly wait until Oct for the rest!! ARGH it seems so very far away.... :cartmancry: I really want them to do another Halloween and/or Christmas episode! It has been years, I want another SP-style holiday! :mrgreen:

Is it Oct yet??
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 10:50 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I liked how there were two separate plots, and how they didn't revolve around a celebrity or current event.

Regardless, I didn't care for it. The only time I laughed was when I discovered the parody on Looney Toons characters.

4/10.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 10:55 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 pm1
I thought this episode was good, The looney tunes thing was good. It was just so cheezy it was funny and I think that was the point of it. But the best part was the intervention thing. On the commentary for "A Million Little Fibers" they talk about how they were going to make an episode with an intervention for towlie from the people in South Park. Well it some how got turned into what it was but they said that they were going to make a towlie intervention episode in the future. Well I thought that would be awesome so I have been waiting for this episode. :D
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 pm Offline
Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:43 pm4
To be honest, this episode receives a 6 or 7 out of 10.

First off, the shark rape was FTW!
Second, this episode may have been slow but the constant plot updates from the "intervention style cutaways" was hilarious.

I defiantly think this proved that with out such episodes as 200 and 201, all we have are hi-jinks and blunders. Classic Looney Toons. I grew up with Looney Toons so this episode made me laugh.

I think the ending web-site was just a link from Trey and Matt to show how ridiculous the "intervention" things are and how the wrong people us them to get money.

I am glad the boys where in this episode.

I just hope that Comedy Central and Trey and Matt and everyone at SPS can work something out to get uncensored episodes of 200, 201 and even Super Best Friends back online.

Other than that, Trey. Matt. and everyone at South Park Studios. Please have a wonderful break and we will see you back in October for AMAZING episodes that will push the boundaries of everything!
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 11:11 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:03 pm1
This episode was fantastic. It was really funny and I think they were trying to point out how it's OK to make fun of some people but not others. In this episode they were able to use crippled kids in a pretty mean fashion and nobody cares, and yet last week they were censored for poking fun at Mohammed. I think they want to point out hypocritical it is to allow one and not the other. The towlie thing was pretty funny too. I liked it.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 11:17 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 pm2
Here are all of the looney toons charachters I spoted. I liked the episode a lot.

gossamer(red head with head device)
tasmanian devil
cecil turtle? Red guy
dodo bird or tweety bird (yellow haired girl with beak)
elmer fudd
Pete Puma
beaky buzzard
droopy
sylvester the cat
Rocky & mugsy
porky the pig
morocco mole
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 11:20 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 pm2
YoThisBling wrote :
> Big-Will wrote :
> > The kids who spoke were parodies of these WB cartoon characters:
> >
> > Elmer Fudd
> > Droopy Dawg
> > Beaky Buzzard
> > Rocky and Mugsy (that's Nathan and Mimsy, respectively)
> > Peter Puma
> >
> > Any others? Post them here.
>
> Thought Nathan and Mimsy were like Pinky and the Brain, didn't think of Rocky and
> Mugsy. Thought one of the kids was also Porky the Pig.
> Gave this episode 8/10, had some funny moments and the counselors not realizing what
> Nathan and Mimsy were up to was funny. Plus Towlie "Walking on Sunshine"
> was great too!

Here is a list of everyone I spotted:
gossamer(red head with head device)
tasmanian devil
cecil turtle? Red shirt guy trying to start fire?
dodo bird or tweety bird (yellow haired girl with beak)
elmer fudd
Pete Puma
beaky buzzard
droopy
sylvester the cat
Rocky & mugsy
porky the pig
morocco mole (red shirt with hat and glasses)
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 11:22 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 pm1
wow !! what a pile of sh*t episode ...what did some 12 year old win a contest to write this ? seriously wtf !! thanks for wasting a half an hour of my time you cunts !!! :x
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 11:23 pm Offline
  • YIM
Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:22 pm72Chicago, Il
funny how guys are so mad at MnT for this episode being bad, when they make a real attempt to be bad! even in light of paying homage to classics. you're not suppose to GET their humor, if you did why would they keep going? the show was hilarious cause it was unexpected... with all the talk of how awesome 201 was... did you remember seeing Towlie there? all indicators of him having his own episode... again! of course... what do I know.... :twisted:
now that's what i call a stickey situation!!
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Porky Pig was at 5:33

It was great seeing Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies Cartoon parodies; but no Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck?

No adults except the two (teenage?) counselors at the Camp (which parodies Lake Titicaca, boarding Peru and Bolivia):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Titicaca

http://www.about-peru-history.com/image ... ca_map.jpg

And the therapist at the Intervention. I don't remember any other adults with speaking parts; well there was that one man in the out building with Towlie as CC would say: BLEEEEEEEEEP for money :)

Oh, and Towlie's son, wash cloth :lol:

This episode is like old school cartoons with a modern 2010 feel to it.

I wish other cartoon characters from Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies had bigger rolls instead of just Rocky and Mugsy. I wish Pete Puma and Porky Pig had bigger roles (but at least they were there) :)

I really liked this episode. More later when I watch it again.
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 11:36 pm Offline
Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:29 pm6Vista, CA
aguynamedry wrote :
> ...also in cartman's speech he mentions the "jews taking away our
> freedoms." ...since viacom, disney, newscorp etc pretty much all media
> has the stereotype to be ran by jews( there are a lot of jews that have
> executive positions in these media corps) this may be a big slap in the
> face to the heads of viacom (viacom owns CC)...
>
> I may be reading into this a bit too much, but cartman does mention how
> jews slid their ways into society and manages to TAKE AWAY OUR
> FREEDOM...I'm not sure how else to interpret that, unless it's a
> meaningless anti semite rant by eric....am i an anti semite or did anyone
> else catch this lol

You very well might be an anti-semite, but I think there might be some validity to your point.

That being said, other than the possible jab at Viacom via Eric Cartman's racism, I wasn't really impressed with this one. I like the premise of Towelie getting all junked out and having an intervention for him, but the constant switching to the written narration got annoying pretty quickly. The whole cripple camp thing wasn't needed. However, the clip of Jimmy ripping it up on a surfboard was probably the funniest part of the episode.

Maybe this will be one of those episodes that grows on me, that I'll end up appreciating later, but right now I'm seriously worried that the whole fiasco the past two weeks might have been a "jump the shark" point in the show...
The point!--envenom'd too! Then, venom, to thy work, buddy!
Re: *1407: Crippled Summer* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 28, 2010 11:39 pm Offline
Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:01 pm6

Sort by  
Page 5 of 26 385 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next