Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 9 of 11 154 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 12, 2010 7:56 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
BRMBug wrote:
Nope. Full episode. I was at Schlotzky's though. I don't know if the location change had anything to do with it.

What's Schlotzky's? My full episode is censored.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
It's a chain of sandwich shops. The one near me has WiFi... I think they all have WiFi actually. I like to go there and surf while eating lunch. BTW, the first 8 minutes or so seem unedited so far.

OH GOD DAMMIT! I've totally missed my opportunity to say "I have a Nascar, and I have a car that's not so Nas." sh*t. Oh well.

You know, although I'm not really a fan of Nascar, I have been out to Texas Motor Speedway a few times for car shows and events put on by the sports station I listen to. Just about every time I've been there, they've had cars out taking people around the track a few times for some amount of money, and I kind of regret not doing it up til now. I've already missed the Goodguys show this season. Maybe there'll be something I can go to where I can do that in the Spring.

Slightly back OT, I thought I saw a South Park logo on a random pit crew member, but I was wrong.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 12, 2010 9:27 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Whoa-whoa, wait a minute. The first three segments were uncensored, but I'm getting bleeps on the third. wtf?

eedit: i hope on the dvd for this season they use the brake/kenny flying scene for the menu of whatever disc has this ep on it. lol.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 5:14 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
7.5/10.

Nothing terrible, nothing really too funny. Okay.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 6:14 pm Offline
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:39 pm3
Just got done watching the episode online. Unfortunately, I have to say that this is not only my least favorite episode, but also the first episode in South Park history that I would have trouble pointing out the redeeming qualities in.

I am a big automotive and motorsports enthusiast, so naturally I am no fan of stock car racing. I could think of dozens of way to stick it to NASCAR. Favoring marketability over competetion, car rules that essentially turn teams into shills for manufacturers with no room for innovation, and only two major tracks on the US circuit with right hand turns are the ones that comes to mind first. Instead, Parker and Stone chose to dive straight for the low hanging fruit by focusing on the poor dumb redneck angle. The result comes off as not funny at all, and dare I say it, a South Park first, needlessly mean spirited.

I'm chalking this one up to the dreaded "It seemed like a good idea at the time..." Seriously guys! You're better than this. Let's hope this episode is a fluke and not the future norm.

This one gets a paltry 1/10. If only for the CG race car and stadium assets built for the show, which I must admit were quite well done.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 16, 2010 2:32 pm Offline
Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:25 pm1
One of the worst ever. I did not even smile for 23 minutes, which has, I believe, never happened before, and I have watched all episodes at least 3 times. I think I can only compare it to the Pip episode or the one about Oprah's vagina, they were also very poor episodes.

Cartman is way out of line in 1408, but unlike other episodes where he is fortunately enough way out of line, this time he simply is not funny. Also the beginning of the episode, it seems a totally different Cartman when he whines about not being able to make it as a nascar driver. The episode feels forced. Unfortunately.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 22, 2010 6:40 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
I wanted to add something to the "Bowling Alley In South Park" thread, but it is locked :(

I wanted to remind people that we also just saw Mick's Lanes this season, 1408, Poor and Stupid, while Kenny was in the eating area/bar area of Mick's Lanes, watching Cartman and Butters on TV about Vagisil and just after Cartman was talking about Pres. Obama:

(Right-Click Please):

loved it! PostSun Dec 19, 2010 12:29 am Offline
Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:24 am0
Absolutely loved it!!! people who dislike it, you need to quit looking into it too hard, its not meant to look deep into just laugh at the jokes of it and the obama joke was Fn hilarious!!! Loved it great job cast!
Re: loved it! PostSun Dec 19, 2010 12:35 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
427chevy wrote:
Absolutely loved it!!! people who dislike it, you need to quit looking into it too hard, its not meant to look deep into just laugh at the jokes of it and the obama joke was Fn hilarious!!! Loved it great job cast!

I agree. Now I'm off to some lunch; I want to eat some Vagisil now to become stupid enough to make a lot of money driving NASCARS's :mrgreen:
PostWed Dec 29, 2010 3:11 pm Offline
Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:01 pm0
Two and a Half Men is great!!! LOL!!!
PostMon Jan 24, 2011 9:10 pm Offline
Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:42 pm0
poor white people , i mean that in both ways
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Jan 25, 2011 6:30 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
I am completely BAFFLED by the inability of people to understand that this episode is NOT bashing Nascar. Jesus, people. WATCH the show again.

The show is actually suggesting that it Nascar fans being poor and stupid is a STEREOTYPE, a stereotype created by the media. They only choose to report on people like Cartman (who is obviously incredibly stupid in this episode), thus perpetuating the stereotype.

Kenny sums up the whole point of the episode: "Nascar fans aren't stupid! Cartman is."

The humor derives from Cartman's delusion that HE is the smart one and Nascar fans are stupid, when it's the other way around.

The episode falls flat because it's one joke repeated over and over (Cartman thinks he has to pretend to be stupid so he can drive Nascar, and people tell him he's being stupid, so he interprets that as encouragement...repeat that joke 10 times and you have this episode).
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Jan 25, 2011 2:44 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
Brendle wrote:
The episode falls flat because it's one joke repeated over and over (Cartman thinks he has to pretend to be stupid so he can drive Nascar, and people tell him he's being stupid, so he interprets that as encouragement...repeat that joke 10 times and you have this episode).

And the other backup joke about Vagasil guy's wife.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
PostMon Feb 21, 2011 8:13 pm Offline
Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:35 pm0
I loved this episode...little boy what are you doing? HA HA
PostWed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 pm Offline
Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:39 pm0
dude you are a dumb cock cartman youll never be a nascar driver because your a douche

Sort by  
Page 9 of 11 154 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next